You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Grand Haunting, A Hotel No One Knows Is Haunted

Real Ghost Stories

The Grand Haunting, A Hotel No One Knows Is Haunted

 

I'm not much of a story teller, however I felt this was an experience that I needed to share. I'm Faith, I'm 19 and from a country called Wales in the UK, I've had a couple ghostly experiences and am quite a believer of the supernatural however this experience shook even me.

Me and my boyfriend Kieran had been together for 4 years and decided to stay at a hotel for our anniversary on the 16th of April 2019, since we never get time alone. We stayed at a place in Swansea called The Grand Hotel. When we got there everything seemed fine and we were allocated to room 2.12.

The first night was fine and nothing seemed out of place, we were having a great time and everything was happy. That was until things started to get weird. Things in the bathroom seemed to be moving places, at first I assumed it was the maids who had moved things while attending to the room. Things kept moving and I started to realise they were even moving after the maids had been.

Already a bit creeped out by the whole thing I decided to tell my "non believer" boyfriend Kieran all about it. He insisted that he hadn't moved anything. When he asked me what had moved I explained how the glasses had turned the other way around and how both of our toothbrushes had been moved multiple times after me putting them back. Along with this my bag with all my toiletries in had moved. My boyfriend thought that maybe I just hadn't remembered where I had put stuff, I knew this wasn't the case as I can be OCD over my things and the exact place they must go.

Things continued to move until one night while my boyfriend was asleep I saw a face, it was near the door of the bathroom but it was too dark to make out. I thought it was the face of a woman watching me. I was petrified and woke my boyfriend who just hugged me and told me to go to sleep without opening his eyes. When I looked back the face was gone and I eventually went to sleep.

On about the 5th night me and my boyfriend had an argument before bed and I was ignoring him when he fell asleep. I was so mad, furious even. The argument wasn't even serious but I was so mad I went into the bathroom because I couldn't stand being in the bed with him. I looked into the mirror and I was suddenly filled with thoughts I had never had before. I thought "imagine how bad he would feel if I hung myself right here."

After a couple hours of sitting on the bath looking at my reflection I finally convinced myself to go back to bed. When I returned my boyfriend apologised (in his sleep may I add) and all of my angry thoughts dispersed.

The next morning the key card for our door stopped working. We had to go to the hotel reception to fix the card however it turned out that it was the electronic lock that was broken so we had to move to a different room. The room we moved to was only a couple of rooms down. But nothing happened in that room. It was completely normal.

When I got home I researched the hotel to see if anyone had died, the only death I found was a woman called Rachel Phillips in 2016 who had gone to the hotel with her girlfriend. She and her girlfriend had argued and she was found to have hung herself in the bathroom in her room. I had never heard of the incident before and was shocked to actually find something.

The room number wasn't stated and there was no information on anyone saying about the hotel being haunted. However when I saw the picture of the woman, I swear that was the face I had seen by the bathroom door. I like to believe she wanted to share with me how she felt, how angry, how upset and how determined she felt. I sympathize with this young woman and hope she may rest in peace some day.

Other hauntings by Faith_2000

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Faith_2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Jcct (4 stories) (17 posts)
+1
2 years ago (2022-05-13)
Hi! Faith. Your spooky incident was quite similar with mine. You can read my story Hotel Long Beach, which is quite similar as yours. But I really loved the way you had represent your story. Thanks to share it with us.
Faith_2000 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2019-09-13)
To be honest I'd rather that the story not be shared anywhere else, I'm not so sure that the hotel would like this story to begin circlating around. The whole reason I chose this site was that I know it's largely US based and wouldn't draw negative attention to the hotel.

I'm glad you enjoyed reading though Tainted Princess ~ ❤❤❤
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-11)
Lady-Glow, Hi there thank you so much for your comment. It is very respectfully done, and it doesn't make me feel like I am being accused of something. Thank you for the insight about the story, it makes total sense. I didn't look at it in such a way. I will make sure that I comment on the story, then ask for permission to use the content! Thanks lady-glow! ❤
Regards Taintedprincess 😁
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Faith - I apologize if my comments seem to be critical, the truth is, a healthy skepticism never hurts.

It is only human to make mistakes, and the fact that you acknowledge that you "must have gotten the names mixed when writing the post", plus being aware of your dyslexia explain a lot.
As a side note, until I read the basics about this condition, I had always thought that dyslexic people's only problem was switching the position of letters when writing, hence, having trouble reading words too, - how ignorant was I!

Nevertheless, I think it is important not only to straighten up the information regarding the names of these women, but to prevent anyone else from 'spreading' this misinformation in the future.

Just imagine what Ms Rachel Phillips, and/or anyone that knows her, would think if she/they ever learned about herself not only committing suicide by hanging, but her own spirit supposedly haunting the place where her partner died?!?! - She's ALIVE.

I'm sure Ms John's death left an imprint at the hotel, and I don't doubt her spirit is still there and that's who you saw. Give it some time and it's possible that some other people will start reporting their own experiences at that place.

Regardless if you decide if taintedprincess is allowed or not to share your story in her podcast, I think people deserve to know the right information or, even better, if the names of these women were left out of the narrative out of respect for the feelings of the living... Just my opinion.

Thanks.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Taintedprincess, actually it has nothing to do with 'empowerment' and everything to do with the site's 'rules'. I refer to the Comments Guidelines, especially this part: "Posts that are abusive, vulgar, insulting or spammy will be deleted. If a person persists in posting such messages numerous times, they will be blocked / banned from this site. We also reserve the right to delete comments that are juvenile, off-topic, very poorly written, unintelligible, incoherent, messages all in UPPERCASE or with every first letter capitalized, and anything that looks like promotional material." Your posts are falling into the 'spammy', and 'promotional material,' areas. Asking you to actually comment on a story and then ask for permission to use it, makes total sense.
Faith_2000 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Dear lady-glow, you're right I must have gotten the names mixed when writing the post, it was a while after finding the article that I wrote this, and I have stated before I am dyslexic, it's difficult for me to read and spell, but even if it wasn't the girl that I saw, there was definitely something wrong in that room.

Thanks for reading anyway ❤❤❤
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Tainted princess - even though I agree with valkricry about your comments becoming spam, I can see your point, you only comment on stories that, in your opinion, are "great".

Still, it would be greater if you stop for a visit at the comments guidelines of the site and, even better, to pay attention to the 'mod' (moderator) little word following val's screen name... She's only doing her job - thanks Val!

One last thing, it would be a good idea for you to read not only the stories, but the comments' to those narratives too, specially since you want to share them somewhere else.

The problem I find with this particular story is that the information provided by the OP is not exactly accurate.
And by this I don't mean that their story is made up, only that a medical condition might be the reason why the don't match their narrative.

Would you like to include/share something questionable in your podcast? 🤔
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
-1
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Valkricry I post the same comment because I am wanting to say the exact same thing for example: This is a great story, may I use it in my podcast. I cannot write a different comment if I want to say the very same thing? Doesn't make sense right? Otherwise my comment would be on every single story, but if you notice, its only on certain ones. Please delete my comments if you should feel that, that would empower you ❤
Regards Taintedprincess
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+6
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Taintedprincess, what you are doing is known as spamming - the exact same message over and over. Please say something pertinent to the story or your comments will be deleted.
Taintedprincess (20 posts)
-3
5 years ago (2019-09-10)
Hi what a great story. I am currently looking for some content to share on my brand new podcast about all things paranormal. Would you mind if I share your story?
Regards Taintedprincess 😁
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-09)
I read the link given by lady-glow and it seems to confirm what you experienced in the hotel room. As an aside, I find no better validation than seeing a die-hard skeptic converted after a particularly hard-hitting paranormal encounter. Maybe this will happen to your boyfriend in the near future.
bandet888 (86 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-09-08)
Hello Faith. Interesting story. I checked out the link lady-glow provided. I'm wondering the face you saw by the bathroom door - did it look more like Rachel Phillips or Angharad John?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
5 years ago (2019-09-07)
Faith_2000

A quick visit to your profile helped me to understand better your story.

Welcome to YGS. 😊
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2019-09-07)
Interesting experience, it seems like the spirit of the dead woman was trying to tell you her story.

I like stories that can be corroborated with facts though, just as an observation and according to the following link, it wasn't Rachel Phillips, but her partner Angharad John, the one that hung herself. Neither the facts happened in 2016, but in 2017.

Https://metro.co.uk/2017/11/21/woman-found-hanged-in-hotel-room-hours-after-getting-back-with-girlfriend-7096598/

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: