You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Story Of My Brother As Told By My Mother

Real Ghost Stories

The Story Of My Brother As Told By My Mother

 

I cannot actually recall the story I am about to tell since I was only 3 but my mother remembers it like it was yesterday.

Okay so for this story a little background is needed. So I'm 19 and have 4 siblings: Chantelle (25), Alex (24), Taryn (21), and Logun (15).

I live in a small place in Wales called Merthyr Tydfil in a house that has 3 bedrooms. Me and my sisters share a room and my two brothers share a room.

My brother Alex was born premature and was actually a twin. Sadly, his twin Chad died not long after he was born.

When I was 3 years old I would often go into my brothers' room while they weren't in there and sit in the dark. Not something most 3 year olds would do but I did it all the time. My mother didn't think much of this at first and probably just assumed I was being weird.

One day she found me asleep on my brother's bed and when she woke me I told her that "Alex had rocked me to sleep." The problem with that was my brother had been in school all day. My mother found this bizarre and didn't really know what to do.

I continued to go into my brothers' room until one day my mother was on the toilet (which is separate to my bathroom) and she heard me scream. All of the rest of my siblings were playing in my parents' bedroom so she quickly rushed to me sitting alone in my brothers' room. I was crying hysterically and told her that "Alex scared me, he had no feet."

After that she took me downstairs and sat me in the living room while she made me a drink. Not long after I started screaming again but this time I told my mam "Alex was standing in the table."

Being 3, I had no idea at the time about my dead brother Chad but my mam had a feeling that all of this was him. After that day I stopped playing in my brothers' room in the dark and I stopped talking about "Alex" when he wasn't there. My mam thinks that he knew he scared me and I was getting old enough to realise something wasn't right so he left me alone.

The only thing since was my mam would feel tugging on her top as if a child was trying to get her attention. And money would go missing from the fireplace. But slowly it all just stopped happening. It was all as if he was growing up.

I'd like to know what you all think about this experience. I know it's not from my point of view because I can't remember it but I felt it was a key story in my life.

❤❤❤

Other hauntings by Faith_2000

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Faith_2000, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Faith_2000 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-16)
The thought of him being my guardian angel is quite comforting. Thanks silverthane61, glad I could answer your question.

❤❤❤
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-10-16)
Faith_2000. Yes, you answered my question. The connections that I am referring to include sharing thoughts or emotions from your brother, feeling watched (or looked over as you say). You seem to be graced with a brother who has chosen to be your guardian angel.
Faith_2000 (2 stories) (10 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-15)
Sorry what exactly do you mean by other connections? Do you mean have I experienced anything similar since where I thought I saw my brother Alex but it wasn't him?

If that is what you mean then I haven't experienced anything like that since that I'm aware of, but I have had the feeling of being watched over when I sleep but that's a story I'll have to tell another day because it may not be related. It's a long story.

❤❤❤
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-10-15)
I read sometimes about the psychic connection between living twins. It appears that you may have assumed some of the other twin's psychic connection with the soul of the deceased brother. As a 3-year old, you obviously mistook Chad for his brother Alex. Have you had any other "connections" with your brother?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: