You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Man Who Caught Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Man Who Caught Me

 

This happened October of 2012 in Salem, Oregon. I was twelve at the time and in middle school. It was Halloween, school just got out and I went to a friend's house to put on costumes and prepare for the night. I didn't need makeup for my costume. I just wore a witches hat and cape. So I decided to go and play on the swing in the backyard.

Before I went outside their parents left to go pick up dinner and told us they would be back sometime soon. My two friends with me went to go get ready shortly after that. Then I was left alone outside.

I went to go sit on the swing. It was getting cold and the sun was close to setting. As I began to swing it got really quiet. Almost eerily quiet. This went on for about 20 minutes or so. I could only hear the wind passing through the leaves of the trees, and the occasional bird, which was odd. Even though they lived near the woods there were still quite a few people in the surrounding area. It was so quiet and peaceful that I started to slip and fall back.

As I fell I felt strong hands on my back push me back up onto the swing, and then a hand patted my shoulder. I glanced over looking for the force behind the sudden touch. It was large, and seemed to be worn out. I said thank you. Then a man replied. He sounded old and almost a little raspy. He told me to be more cautious and aware of my surroundings.

I turned to say something more and he was gone. I stood up and looked around. To my surprise no one was there. Then I looked to my left towards the garage. I assumed it was my friend's father, that he had passed by as it happened then caught me on his way to work on his car.

I walked into the garage and it was empty. Lights were off as well. I then checked the back gate. It was locked. Unable to be unlocked, or even locked for that matter from the other side. I decided to go back into the house to see if my friends were done.

I went to the bathroom and asked if their parents were back. She told me no, they haven't come back yet, might not be for awhile. I began to tell them about how a man caught me on the swing.

We went and searched around outside and there was no evidence of someone getting into the backyard. They told me to stop playing around, and to just go back inside. I swore up and down I wasn't lying. I told only the truth. They got fed up with me and went back inside the house.

I still think about that night. Remember the hands catching me, the voice, and even the footsteps fading away. To this day neither of them believe me. Not many others I tell do either.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, CrazedArtist, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrsRamsay (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-15)
Wow, I had just submitted a story about a guardian of some kind when I happened to see this! Excellent, and I think you are right. He might show up some other day too, so bolo! But I hope he never has to.

I do believe in guardian angels or whatever they are called. I also believe we're not really supposed to see them, and/or when we do the details get all fuzzy, again, because we're not really supposed to see them.
silverthane61 (4 stories) (344 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-15)
I'd like to think that it was your guardian angel. Sometimes angels are said to take the form and character of different people as to be less imposing and scary.
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
Hi CrazedArtist,

Good story. Have your friends lived there for many years? The spirit sounds like they were a protective person in life. Like a father or grandfather.

Maybe your friends didn't believe because they were more careful and didn't need saving and he never made himself known. 😜

I'm mostly kidding about that last statement.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: