You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Little Miss Tauri

Real Ghost Stories

Little Miss Tauri

 

First I want to apologize for being absent from this site. For years this was like a second home. Hopefully it will be again.

I will start from the beginning. I had begun to really want a female companion for my baby Tuck. He's a Mastiff/Pitt mix and quite big and I had noticed he looked lonely while playing in the backyard.

I had, for awhile, been talking my hubby into it, as he was reluctant to have another puppy in the house. Which meant nonstop potty training, bathing, cleaning up accidents, getting a crate, etc.

I had idea where I was going to get this puppy, and had kind of forgotten all about it. But a buddy of my husband's that he hangs out with from time to time brought up that his female Blue Nose Pitt had a litter. He told me about it, but something told me no, so I said no, trusting my gut.

His cousin happened to buy one of these puppies, and had her for about a month and mentioned to my hubby while hanging out that he was thinking about getting rid of her.

So when he told me about this my first questions were important. I asked "Did she get her first 2 rounds of shots?" "Has she been dewormed?" etc. If it were an option for me at all those were some of the most important questions to ask. We are in a new home. My Tuck is almost 3 so truly there is no way, as far as I know, to know if there is Parvo, etc in my yard.

He told me the guy whom his cousin bought the puppy from had given her her shots and dewormed her. We talked about it and decided if he were to give her up, I would take her in and love her!

One day his cousin told us to come get her, he was ready. So we get there, walk into the house and out of all the people in this house (it's an active household, always a ton of people there) as I walk in behind everyone she spots me and runs right to me.

I asked "Is this her?" The wife said "yes" and I instantly fell in love. She had the prettiest blue/green eyes, softest gray fur and she was in need of love. I felt it. But then the wife said to her husband she couldn't get rid of her because of the grandkids.

Now don't get me wrong, I understood where she was coming from, but it killed me on the inside. All I wanted to do was take her in my arms and cuddle with her.

Anyhow we end getting her and bringing her home. She had an instant connection with everyone in the house. She was completely loved by all of us. We loved her cuddles, kisses, her running to us when we got home, learning new things we were teaching her, etc. We all were excited everyday to come home and play with her.

Then she got sick. She caught the Parvo Virus and the vets couldn't save her. It was sudden and quick. It killed all of us and we're still dealing with her passing.

The night she passed I decided to lay down, I couldn't take the emotions that were running through me. And I talked to her. I told her "Tauri, you are always welcome back in our home for cuddles and kisses."

I didn't get a visitation but my son did. He was the closest with her. He was her human.

The next day while at work he texted me. He told me he'd had a dream of her and would tell me once I got home. My excitement was so high as well as my emotions. I would start crying while working. I couldn't hold it in.

Once I got home I told him to come outside and tell me. He told me in his dream he was laying down and crying. Then Tauri pushed the door open like she had learned to do, ran to his bed and jumped up there. She started to give him kisses and curled up next him and fell asleep. He then woke up and felt his face, it was wet in the spot she had given him kisses.

That same day we were all sitting in the front porch, showing each other videos and pictures of her. How she had grown so much in the 3 months we had her. I looked over and there in the spot she would play with the water was sitting a little baby butterfly. It sat there for a good 30 minutes before we all got up and went inside.

Now anytime we talk about her there will be a random butterfly that seems to have excellent timing floating right on by.

Other hauntings by spiritwaiting

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oklahoma

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spiritwaiting, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

roxygirl (7 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-21)
Hi spiritwaiting,

I'm so sorry for your loss 😭 I can truly empathise with you. But it sounds like you and your family gave this beautiful little girl such a wonderful and loving home for the time she was with you. And that's a wonderful gift that you gave her ❤ I hope that gives you some comfort.

Thank you for sharing
All the best
Roxygirl ❤
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+6
4 years ago (2019-10-13)
I've had a number of experiences with my animals who have passed on and revisited. I always say I'll write the story but never get down to it.

This little dog probably didn't have all the necessary vaccinations. Very sad 😟

Regards, Melda
spiritwaiting (42 stories) (843 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-12)
Lealeigh,

Thank you for reading and leaving such a sweet comment.
This was the first time actually dealing with a fur baby death. So this was especially hard for all of us. Although I don't think it will get any easier with any furry family member that I have or will have.
No she didn't suffer long, it was so fast it shocked all of us.

Sincerely
Spiritwaiting
Lealeigh (5 stories) (512 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
Hi spiritwaiting,

I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is very hard. When you can feel their love and trust in you it's devastating when you can't do anything to help them.

Tauri is a good name. It reminds me of the stars. I hope she didn't suffer long.

Best Wishes, Maria ❤
tace (37 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2019-10-10)
I'm so sorry for your loss. So hard to loose our furry babies. ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: