You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: Ghost Girl Caught On Camera?

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Girl Caught On Camera?

 

I was visiting my girlfriend in PA one time, and she tells me of this haunted church about a half hour's drive from her house in the town of Burlington. Being interested in the paranormal, I am excited to go. The church is surrounded by a cemetery and has two floors and was decommissioned 30 years ago but it's privately owned and maintained and is open to the public day or night. I was excited and scared at the same time.

Ghost Girl Caught On Camera

I felt vibes, heard sounds, even had a door close on us. We also took several pictures of the place hoping to catch something. Still, I figured I'd never be lucky enough to get anything on camera, but In one of them I noticed a mist in the trees. I thought it may have just been fog as it was a cloudy morning, but I showed it to my girlfriend anyways, and she says to me "good job, you caught a ghost on your camera" I said "you think so? It may just be fog" She replied "no, look on the gravestone" I looked and my jaw freaking dropped.

There on one of the headstones was a figure of a girl in a dress, you can see the head, eyes, hair, shoes, even the belt on the shoes. (you can also see the mist I mentioned in the trees just above it) It kind of looks like she's holding something too. I was shaking for a few minutes afterwards, so exciting and scary. If you don't see it, its near the center, just to the right of that fence. The only thing I have done to this picture was zoom in to make it easier to see. This picture was taken April 19th 2017 at 8:51 AM facing southeast off the front deck of the church with a camera from a Kyrocera Brigadir phone. What do you think of this picture?

Other hauntings by Zidagar

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Zidagar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-06)
Hi Zidagar, the picture looks like a very peaceful place to be. However as for the "ghost" figure I think it's just another case of pareidolia -- the tendency for us to ascribe patterns in random arrangements.
Cuddlebear (4 stories) (173 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-03)
Zidagar ~ Hello!

An interesting photo - I could not make out the mist you mentioned but I did see the figure of the little girl. To me that figure looks a lot like an interesting discoloration pattern and nothing more. Would it be possible for you to go back and get another shot showing that tombstone?
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-01)
Hey Zidagar 😊 thank you for sharing your photo with us. After looking at it, assuming I'm looking at the correct tombstone that you mentioned, I can see what appears to be a doll size shape on the tombstone. Which makes me wonder if it is an actual spirit, why is it the size of a doll 😕 I think what Lady Glow said makes more sense in what it could be, because of how small it is. Not saying that this is definitely not a spirit, only that this is just a thought in my opinion. It's very common for people to see what appears to look like someone, or something on things, from the markings it has on it. Not sure if this is the case here, but it's just a thought. Whatever it may be, it's still an interesting photo, that I'm glad you shared 😊
Kirbyp (1 stories) (15 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-12-01)
Hi Zidagar,
Your story is compelling and I can't argue, that picture does look like the shape of a little girl in a white dress or a doll but I can't rule out it not being a formed shape from weathering or acid etching. In any case it's still a nice catch in the picture. It's an interesting read and thank you so much for sharing. 😉
Zaruje (15 stories) (182 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-30)
Hi! I have to be honest, I can't see the girl nor the mist. But nonetheless, this is an interesting picture. Thanks for sharing and I hope to read more from you.

Z ❤ ❤ ❤
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-30)
Originally, I had not intended to comment since I could not see the ghost girl. Since Lady Glow, thank you, pointed out where to look a bit better, I took another glance and I see figures on four other tomb stones plus the fence post. They look like interesting shaped discoloration to me more than any specific sort of figure.

This is just my interpretation.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-30)
Hello Zidagar,

Like Lady-glow, I have to question a stain on the stone surface.

In Massachusetts, there are caring groups that are making scrub efforts to remove fungus and stains from old grave stones. My Son, Wife and Daughter have joined others and find it a good return in the ability to read the words, hidden before scrub.

If done it needs to be a GENTLE soap. I joked with them about going back in dark to see ghosts give thanks. I got a big NO!

Having said that please know when blown to 300% I could see several girls from left to right. Perhaps you could return to see what might be there, day and night.

It is a peaceful place,
Jan
Amor (5 stories) (64 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-30)
Hi,

Thank you for sharing. I don't see the mist or the girl.

How big are the headstones? Could it be as tall as a child? If the one you were referring to was the one with the discoloration and weathering, another tomb stone to the left has the same markings of being weather-beaten. Did you take another photo showing the same shot? As what Lady-Glow pointed out it could possibly be stone markings.

Thanks and take care.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+5
5 years ago (2018-11-30)
Greetings Zidagar - I see this 'girl' on the headstone, it's an interesting picture though, it's hard to say if the image is really a ghost or if it's a stain on the stone's surface.
Perhaps a close-up inspection of the gravestone would reveal if something not paranormal in nature is causing this shape.

Still, it's a nice picture.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: