You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Little Girl In The Garden

Real Ghost Stories

The Little Girl In The Garden

 

When I was about twelve years old, we had been living in the same house for about three years. This is also where I had my first direct experience. To give a little background, my room was at the end of a hallway, on the left hand side. You could see the small front garden from my bedroom window as well as the garden gate. In the back garden we had a small gate that led to a children's play park and I would often use it to go play with my friends. One day I played until about 18:00 and I decided to head on home since the sun was starting to set. On that specific day, I decided to walk around the house to enter our house through the front door (instead of just walking through the back garden). As I closed the front gate behind me and walked towards our front door (about 5 meters ahead) something caught my attention at the end of the garden, close to my bedroom window.

So before I explain what I saw, my room always freaked me out a bit. It was darker than the rest of the house as we had a big tree that blocked most of the sun from entering through the window and for some reason I just didn't like that room very much. Anyway, as I was walking to the front door, I saw a person out of the corner of my eye. I quickly glanced to the left and I saw a girl about my age at the time (12) standing in the garden. She had very fair skin and ash blonde hair and was just standing in the garden looking at me. Now what gave me a fright was the fact that I could see her quite clearly but where her legs were suppose to be, I couldn't see anything. The girl wore a light blue dress that ended at her knees and further down nothing could be seen. I stood completely frozen for about 5 seconds - just staring at the girl as she looked back at me. As she started moving closer, I ran for the door and as I looked back she was gone.

I can't think of any rational explanation for what I saw but I definitely know what I saw and I remember it clearly even to this day. I never saw the girl again.

Any comments are welcome.

Other hauntings by Lallie

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lallie, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Lallie (2 stories) (3 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-30)
Thank you all so much. I have read a story or two on this site which refers to spirits with no legs. It is quite interesting and I love the way that you have explained it Cherubim.
JuggaloJohn (guest)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-25)
You've witnessed a ghost. Very similar to the one I saw on Christmas eve as a child. There was no legs or feet from the knee area down and I also remember it like it was yesterday. This wasn't a residual ghost from what you described. You're very lucky to have witnessed her. I love your story, thanks for sharing.
matrix899 (1 stories) (66 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2019-10-20)
Thanks for sharing this story. What get my attention is the fact that she was standing in the garden, looking at you, then she started moving closer. That means she was interacting with you, but not in a physical way. Who knows what would have happened if you had stood your ground?

Details like this adds to the mystery of these phenomenon.
Cherubim (14 stories) (245 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2019-10-20)
I've heard it said "heaven" is 3 feet above us/earth, maybe that's why you couldn't see her legs. She might have played in that garden long ago and likes it there. It would freak me out too, but I don't think she meant you any harm. It does make me wonder why only some see these kinds of happenings while others never do. Thank you for sharing your story. ❤
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2019-10-19)
Greetings, Lallie, and welcome to YGS.

I have no doubt that this experience was a shock to you as a child; I don't blame you for running away!

I should admit, though, that I'm a bit jealous because I've never seen a full-body (or 3/4 body!) spirit apparition in person. C'est la vie, I suppose.

I look forward to reading more of your encounters in the future.

Best,
Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: