You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: Shadow Figure In Dorm Room

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figure In Dorm Room

 

To give a little background, I'm originally from Canada, however, I went to a college in Texas for a scholarship. We all know the state of Texas is very religious and I'm not at all (this will play into affect later).

A bunch of my teammates and I decided to mess around with a Ouija board. One of the girls said she used to do it all the time and there wasn't any harm in it. So we decided to go to a graveyard that wasn't too far from us (YES, I know... A Ouija board and a graveyard... Excellent choice *sarcasm*). We set everything up - the Ouija board and candles.

The night was very warm and no wind. We all placed our hands on the planchette and started asking questions. We probably asked about 10 questions and nothing was happening. So one of the girls started saying this is BS and it's all fake etc. As soon as she finished saying that, the board started moving and spelling " GET OUT" and suddenly the candles all blew out. I don't think we have all moved as fast as we did that night to get out of there.

2 days after that night, I started waking up around 3 - 3:30 am. When I would wake up, I could see this dark figure in the corner of my dorm room and I would stare at it but it would never move. Then all of a sudden I would have an urge to throw up. This happened for a week straight. I never told anyone about this because I didn't want anyone to worry.

One night I ended up going to one of the girl's hometown since it was thanksgiving and when I walked into the door I noticed a cross statue (it was beige and made out of ceramic) - I suddenly had an urge to touch it. So I did - mind you, I am a very non religious person and for me to suddenly get an urge to touch a cross is very out of the ordinary. However, once I did that - I felt a million times better... Like a Weight has been lifted off my chest.

Ever since that day - I have never encountered that shadow figure again.

Any thoughts as to why it attached itself to me?

Other hauntings by LaurenNH13

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LaurenNH13, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-08-30)
Siddhakaruvurar & blancdada.

Although I agree with the following statement:

"Ouija boards serves as a gate through the living and the dead. It should be used with precaution and with proper knowledge", I don't think that it is necessary for a medium to be present during an OB session.

"the moment you allow yourself to use it, you allow spirits to manipulate/enter your body too."

Actually, the Ouija board is only a tool to communicate with spirits and, like any other tool, it is important to know the proper way to use it. Any user should keep in mind that they could establish contact with a spirit that they didn't summoned and could be a nasty energy pretending to be someone else.

As far as I know, not every single person using the OB is at risk of being possessed by a spirit; what it is more likely to happen is for the spirit trying to gain the person's trust and grooming them before taking control of them. But a person with the right knowledge will know when to stop contact with an unwelcome entity.

"usage and how it works depends on what board you use. For example, Ouija board that uses a coin is different with a Ouija board that uses glass"

Actually, the above factors do not affect the purpose of a Ouija board (communicating with spirits), even the planchettes or pointers of commercial and mass produced versions of OB may differ from one brand to the other without affecting its performance.

In my opinion, it's better to leave the departed ones alone and treat them with the due respect, there's no need to disturb their rest.

It seems like the OP learned the lesson the hard way.
Siddhakaruvurar (1 stories) (7 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-08-29)
Hi blancdada, thanks for the reply I'm from India where Ouija boards are I think not that common in usage
Sure your answer did help me.
blancdada (1 stories) (17 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-28)
Hi LaurenNH13,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. And it is really great to know that nothing serious had happened to you (I should say, worse, because seeing a shadow and having a sick feeling is already bad) and it has gone after a week when you touched the cross. Because, based from what I know, after the 7th day and you loose your energy, the spirit or entity can/will overtake your body.
Please do not attempt to get into Ouija boards again. 😊

Siddhakaruvurar, Ouija boards serves as a gate through the living and the dead. It should be used with precaution and with proper knowledge, it is best if a medium is present. Because the moment you allow yourself to use it, you allow spirits to manipulate/enter your body too. But usage and how it works depends on what board you use. For example, Ouija board that uses a coin is different with a Ouija board that uses glass. And also it depends on your culture too and your reasons, just look up "Kokkuri-San" or "Mr. Kokkuri" it is a type of Ouija board that summons a fox spirit or yokai instead of human/evil spirits.
I hope it helps your question. 😊

Regards, Blancdada.
Siddhakaruvurar (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-08-28)
Can anybody enlighten me about ouija board, as far as I have heard there are little truth and lots of myth about Ouija boards.

Help me with this.

Regards
boo_boo_whoo (15 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-07-30)
That is very scary! 😨
My friends like to play ouija board and have been asking me to join them but I don't want to. I don't want a ghost following me.
robo (15 posts)
 
4 years ago (2020-07-20)
god save u no more board game 😕 😕 😕 I m 45 year old 11 37 pm good night
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+5
4 years ago (2020-07-01)
Whereas many residents of cemeteries are regular folks, not everyone laid to rest was a particularly nice person in life. I believe the spirits of graveyard find it disrespectful when folks come in for a laugh or a scare and it is these spirits that attach to some of them thereafter to teach them a bit of a lesson. After all, it's one thing to have a seance when you encounter a spirit in your space but another entirely to hunt them down in their place of rest. In most of the cases I have read about, the attachments seem to be only temporary but distinctly unpleasant. Lesson learned - let the dead rest.
LaurenNH13 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+2
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Hi VeronicaMarie,

No I don't believe I was sleep-deprived. I was completely coherent and awake while this happened and I would look directly at the figure. I'd had a human shape to it and it was very broad.
LaurenNH13 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Hi Alina5!

I was the only one who encountered anything of the sorts. I mentioned it to the others but they just said that it's weird and nothing happened to them.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Lauren - I'll say what everybody else will, don't mess around with ouija boards. Your words are that you decided to "mess around" with it.

It's equally possible that even if you'd messed around with it in the church garden something malevolent could have attached itself to you.

I won't go anywhere near those things, they're dangerous.

Well now you've learned a valuable lesson and I'm very pleased that you were able to get rid of that negative entity.

Regards, Melda
Alina5 (3 stories) (136 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-06-30)
Hello LaurenNH13,

Well, the obvious reason I could possibly state for the attachment or the entity to show up is not closing the Ouija board properly, which can be concluded by your statement here:

"I don't think we all have move as fast as we did that day to get out of there". Paranormal mishappenings always tend to happen when we don't have the proper knowledge of our doings. It could've have been way worse if any non-human entity had attached itself to you. You can consider it as a sign to not take spiritual mediums in a light tone since it is not a play thing to begin with.

I was wondering in your entire group were you the only one to witness this shadow figure? Did any of your other friends in the group had such similar experiences?

About the cross thing, it doesn't essentially require a person to be religious to experience the power of someone's belief. For example, to experience a positive aura you don't necesserily have to be positive. Maybe the faith and belief of the people attached to the cross had drived the entity away.

Peace
VeronicaMarie (5 stories) (106 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-06-29)
Hi, Lauren,

Did the figure have an outline of a person, or just sort of a shapeless thing? The reason I ask is that my only experience with this sort of thing was frequently seeing something black (in the middle of the day) out of the corner of my eye that appeared for just a split second to be the height of a human. I only saw it in the doorway of my new baby's bedroom. (This was 36 years ago.) I'm on the fence as to whether I was actually seeing something, or if it was sleep deprivation from being a new mom. So I guess I'd start by ruling some things out first. For instance, do you remember if you were very sleep-deprived during the time you saw the figure?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: