You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Knocking At The Dorm Door

Real Ghost Stories

Knocking At The Dorm Door

 

It's been a while since my first story on this website and I wanted to check it out after I and my friends were talking about ghosts. There's a lot to talk about but I will probably only talk about this one moment at my University, Unimas, that has been sticking with me for a while. This happened a few months ago, unlike my last story.

It happened during the early hours on a Friday. I was busy doing some assignments that were supposed to be due yesterday, but I was pretty slow with it. The first months at University wasn't so easy, but I got used to it later on. Now if I remembered correctly, it happened either late at 2 or just as soon as it hit 3. I was wearing my earphones drawing figurines and stuff when I heard a knock on the door. When I took my earphones off, there wasn't much of a sound. I thought it was just the flimsy table that's making the noise so I decided to go back to work.

But then it happened again, and this time I had my left earphone off, so I definitely had to double confirm. I looked at the door, and then back at my papers when all of a sudden, the knocking happened again. This time, I had my full attention towards the door and I wasn't doing anything that could possibly have made the noise.

It was fast and aggressive, almost like they wanted me to get to the door. However, I was pretty spooked out to even move when I heard the knocking. Being afraid made me recite my prayers faster than a speeding bullet. I've heard of a lot of ghostly rumours at Unimas before I registered to my dorm and most people were talking about the knocking so when it happened to me, I was beyond afraid. I wasn't expecting the paranormal moment to hit me! It happened for a solid minute before the knocking eventually ceased. My scared butt wasn't brave enough to even reach the door, so I sat there on my seat and then towards my roommate who was sound asleep. Like, dude didn't even hear what happened!

Took at least 30 minutes for me to settle down. I was too scared to even continue my assignment so I decided to get straight to bed and finish my assignment hours later.

Only explanation that I could probably think about that explains this very incident, is that someone who I shared apartments with (In Unimas, we have this concept where students lived in apartment styled dorms. Y'know, with the living room and kitchen and everything) must've been knocking the door for something but gave up cause they assumed I was asleep.

I remembered one person who was awake with me at the time, but you won't imagine the look of horror I had on my face the moment he said that he didn't bother coming out of his room and was sound asleep starting at 1, which is a whole hour before the knocking even started. NOBODY was awake at the time too, I asked everyone. So yeah, ever since I've started to always be on guard whenever I go to my room without my roommate being there.

Because of that incident, I've started to feel comfortable doing my assignments in the Study Room just a few blocks away from my dorm.

Other hauntings by MrWafirius

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrWafirius, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MrWafirius (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-05-30)
To Rajine, I do have a roommate, but I'm not sure if he's experienced anything strange. However, some of the occupants in my apartment had some experiences of their own in this very apartment. But that's another story that'll take hours of typing to explain
Rajine (14 stories) (841 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-05-23)
Do you by any chance have a roommate? And if so has the roommate or anyone else in your dorm experienced this as well?
MrWafirius (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-05-23)
Now that you mentioned it lwgrn4real66, there was this one time I actually decided to investigate something else. There was also this distinct metal clanking that happens every night. No one knows exactly who or why this kept happening but me and my friend decided to poke around and look for things. So perhaps I should keep any sort of creepy incident to my self and cease from looking from looking into it too much TwT
Linjahaha (24 stories) (154 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-05-23)
MrW.: I agree! It could've been a prank. Not to mention, others told you stories, & possibly planted the idea in your mind of a ghost.
Always try to 'find' a rational causation before assuming something to be paranormal. Just a little advice, but it's a good read nonetheless!

Good Luck! 😊 😊
lwgrn4real66 (6 stories) (51 posts)
 
2 months ago (2024-05-22)
Hopefully just a dorm "prank". Even though some schools and colleges are haunted. In colleges, seems likely to be be more haunted in the theaters than the dorms though. Best thing, ignore it! Don't "look for it" or you'll probably find it!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: