You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Daytime Dark Shadow

Real Ghost Stories

Daytime Dark Shadow

 

I have always been a believer of the supernatural, and I always enjoyed watching shows about people who have had an experience somehow. I had never had anything happen to me personally that I could say without a doubt, was supernatural.

On my way to work one day I was listening to a radio talk show about apps you can get on your phone to "track" a ghost, much like the evp stuff you see on ghost hunting shows. I downloaded a couple different ones just for fun, to see how it worked and how "fake" they probably were, I mean like computer generated stuff to jump out and scare you, corny stuff. Anyway, I played around with a few on my phone at work for a bit, but after it got dark and I was alone in the office, I chickened out lol. I never saw anything or got any so called proof. By the way, I work the night shift, so I sleep during the day.

Well, after I got home, I pretty much didn't think anything else about it. I did my usual routine, ate, watched tv and went to sleep. A little while later, I thought I was having a dream but opened my eyes to a dark figure on top of me. It was leaning over me, chocking me, and saying that I could "fight all I want but I can't stop it". It said "I'm too powerful now". I remember thinking that my roommate was in the next room, so if I could just somehow make a noise loud enough for him to hear, than he would come to check on me and hopefully scare off this thing! I was unable to speak because it's grip was getting tighter and tighter. I could feel this overwhelming sense of terror that I've never experienced before! I tried grabbing the pillow beside me to use to push something off my side table in hopes that someone would hear it, but I could not get a good grip on it. I tried to scream or yell out my roommate's name, but I could barely get a sound out. I heard someone walking down the hall to the bathroom that is right outside my door and the dark shadow turned towards the door which loosened up it's grip on my throat long enough for me too scream as loud as I could possibly scream! Just as I did that, the figure vanished and my roommate came running in to see what was going on. I was shaking so bad, and crying hysterically trying to tell him what had just happened but I could barely get any words out. I was so scared that this thing would come back that I slept on the couch for a week.

I've tried looking up info about things like this but most articles say that its sleep paralysis and I don't agree. I'm not sure what it was but I have never had anything like that happen to me before. I'm not sure if I somehow opened up some portal with one of those apps or if the 2 are just a coincidence. Since that happened, I can't shake this uneasy feeling that never goes away. I just have this really bad feeling and I don't know why, even when things are good. Maybe it's just me and my overactive imagination?! Thanks for giving me a place to tell my story where people don't think I'm crazy lol!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Alabama

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautifulalabamadisaster, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+3
4 years ago (2020-08-21)
It might be a good idea to do a personal cleansing - if something is attached to you, that ought to take care of it. Do a bit of googling and find a method that sits well with your personal beliefs and keep in mind that it may require going through the process a few times to work properly. Don't give up, you can lick this thing!
boo_boo_whoo (15 posts)
+1
4 years ago (2020-08-14)
Oh, that's scary! I wouldn't like to experience something like that. 😨
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+4
4 years ago (2020-08-14)
beautifulalabamadisaster - I don't believe that what you experienced was sleep paralysis. If you could actually see the entity and understand what it was saying to you, plus you could move, in my humble opinion that throws sleep paralysis out the window. I would be interested to know whether you actually heard these words being said or whether it was telepathic.

I'm a little uncertain about this but I'm sure other posters will be more au fait with the type of app you used to "track ghosts" as you say, for fun. I do feel that it's possible that you inadvertently summoned a negative entity which followed you home.

Did you have marks on your neck, or anywhere else on your body, after this attack?

Scary indeed!

Regards, Melda

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: