You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Encounter With A Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

Encounter With A Spirit

 

This is my first story in this page. So pardon me if my writing style isn't that good.

This is the personal experience of my father and I'm sharing with you people.

This may not be an interesting story but a true incident.

This happened when my dad was teenager. One night, he was sleeping in his room on the floor on a mattress (in Tamil we call it as pai-பாய்). Suddenly, he woke up startled as he was dragged and pushed out of his mattress. When searched in the surrounding, he distinctly saw two white ghostly legs disappear out of the window facing opposite his mattress. My bewildered dad went to the poojaroom and smeared holy ash across his forehead and fell asleep.

My dad being a inquisitive person wanted to know what has happened and found out that few days ago a young person had died in a house nearby exactly in the same direction of the window and understood that it was that person's spirit which he saw that day.

But one point to be noted is none of the others in the same room was awakened by the spirit and nobody sensed its presence except my father. Was the spirit trying to communicate something with him?I've heard that few people are sensitive enough to feel the presence of such entities around them.

Anyways my dad, is a staunch believer in god and is never being harmed by any such spirits.

That's the incident. I have few more incidents to share if you are willing to read.

Please feel free to comment your opinions in the comment section.

See you people in the next post bye.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Siddhakaruvurar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

TheSweetDevil23 (6 stories) (49 posts)
 
3 years ago (2021-08-10)
ohmy! That's an unnerving experience of your dad's. In the past few years, I had read a lot on paranormal and what people think of it or not, their experiences and how to detect a spirit's presence. I always read and heard that, for a spirit to materialize out of nowhere, it needs energy and that too tons of it. So for your father to be grabbed and tossed out of his mattress, and not just that, two legs were visible as well. That implies that the spirit must have been one powerful and strong spirit and the fact a life ended before its time, does makes it bit more stronger than others. But that's just my thought. Thankfully your father wasn't hurt.
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Hello Siddhakaruvurar,

I enjoyed reading the recount of your father's interesting story.

To answer your question regarding the spirit trying to communicate; in my opinion, I feel that it's possible that the spirit of the young person who died just days before your father had the experience, may have been trying to communicate with your father because they were both young. So, maybe the common link the young person and your father had was not only their youth, but possibly the proximity of where the death took place and where your father lived. Maybe the spirit was just trying to get someone's attention, and it felt most comfortable with your father?

Although your father was completely rattled by the whole incident with his mattress (yikes!), he was fortunate that the spirit didn't cause any harm, and no longer bothered him. 😉

Take Care, LightMight
Siddhakaruvurar (1 stories) (7 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-09-25)
Poojaboose,no we don't live there. And sorry I know only this much about the incident.
Poojabose (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-24)
Scary are you still live there? 😕 😕 😕
Any how your story is nice hnm
Siddhakaruvurar (1 stories) (7 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-09-22)
LFrog 1386 I don't know exactly why the person died, yes it would have been a strong spirit. Let it rest in peace.
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2020-09-18)
I'm curious how the young person died as I wonder if he was angry for dying so young and took it out on your dad. Do you know how he died?

Whatever the case, it would have to be a pretty strong spirit to physically move your father the way it did. I'm glad he wasn't hurt!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: