You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Shadow Figure, Cloud Of Smoke, Floating

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Figure, Cloud Of Smoke, Floating

 

One night I was sleeping and felt like I was floating in the ocean and like I was sleeping and at the same time fully awake. I saw a dark cloud of smoke above me moving up to the ceiling and some shadow figures moving so fast my eyes couldn't really follow them.

I was so tired and it was sooo hard to keep my eyes open and stay awake and like something was forcing me to fall asleep, somehow I had a feeling like when I give in, it will be the end so I tried my best to stay awake and wanted to wash my face in cold water but I couldn't get up because something was sitting on my chest and I felt pressure and like heartburn.

It was similar to sleep paralysis, but I was still able to speak and move, I was moving my legs and hands "fighting it" then I heard a song playing in my ear and some whispers like "sleep", "finally", and just when I couldn't "fight" it anymore I heard a voice, louder than these whispers: "GET UP! It's not your time!" A I could swear it was my grandmothers voice who died 10 years ago so the shock really woke me up and I felt like I was falling / sinking back into my body.

I saw fast moving shadows above me and a bright ball of light flying in their direction and exploded, it literally felt like a battle between light and dark.

I woke up and there were no clouds of smoke or shadow figures anymore but I still had this strange feeling of pressure and heartburn.

Yesterday, I was reading in my room when suddenly felt cold, fear and this heartburn again. I looked at my window and saw a shadow figure behind my curtains. I was so scared I looked away immediately, but I think it wanted me to see it, because it started to move my curtain and walking from left to right, messing with me so I asked "who are you" and "what do you want" and it stopped, but was still there, lurking and watching me...

I tried to ignore it, but it was moving my curtains like crazy, in every direction like it wanted me to see it.

I lit some candles and googled some prayers and started praying and the candle flames started to shake and flicker and I could feel the anger in the air but I kept praying, it was still there, moving...

It even blew out 2 candles...

It took me 3 hours of constant prayer to make it go away, or was it because it was already 7 o'clock in the morning and daylight...

Has anyone experienced something like this or similar? What was it and what does it want?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Halston, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-07)
I understand what you are concerned about however, the more you fear your experience the more likely it may evolve into sleep paralysis, easy said I know. You may be suffering from sleep apnea? Perhaps you should have a test? It will drain your energy and make you feel tired.

If you can't afford the test, perhaps look at your diet and eliminate most of the sugary content. Try exercising if you aren't doing that already.

Set you alarm for a time to get up each more and go to bed at the same time.

Read a book before you sleep and sleep with the light on if you can't control the fear.

Check with your doctor relating to my advice just to be safe, I'm no doctor!

Regards Daz
Halston (1 stories) (1 posts)
+3
3 years ago (2020-12-07)
Thank you for your answer.

Since these strange things happened I am more tired than before, I often fall asleep on my couch and it's very difficult for me to wake up / get up, no matter how long I sleep I have no energy to do my daily activities, or like I'm unconscious except around ca. 3 o'clock in the night I can't sleep anymore.

I have to admit, I'm afraid to go back to my apartment because I can't get this shadow figure moving my curtains out of my head and I sleep at my mothers place and I sleep the whole time but still have no energy to live my day what worries my mother a lot because it's just not normal to sleep so long and she said that I'm talking while asleep and nothing like that or OBE ever happened to me before.
Today I'm going to sleep at my place and I'm afraid I'm going to see this shadow figure again...

The building where I live isn't "ancient" and I've lived there since 2010 and never experienced anything like this before. I don't know if it's important, but for the past 1,5 year I have lived somewhere else and it all happened just after I moved back in.

When I think about it, I feel like I could even handle the OBE and my dreams, I'm more concerned about the shadow figure and why it wants my attention. Like I said, I tried to "talk" to it to find out what it is and what it wants, but there was no reaction. It reacted only when I wanted it to leave me in peace and started with prayers... And it was still there, didn't want to leave even after hours of prayers I think it left only because the morning and daylight were setting in...

Do you have any ideas what should I do if it will come back tonight when I ll be home again?

How should I deal with it or at least protect myself?
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2020-12-07)
Interesting account, I have heard of similar, my 86 year old mother in law was only telling me a short time ago as she was playing golf she had an out of body experience.

She was basically walking along side herself as she was playing golf wondering how she would get back in her body.

The crazy thing about her actual performance she won her division of scratch. My mother in law doesn't drink, smoke or is on any medication that would make her have this experience so yes, you are not alone on this one, they are rare and quite amazing to have imo.

I'm theorising toward the duality of mind we have most likely have as spiritual beings who have a separate state of awareness we use more predominantly in the waking state, Hearing a voice say (it's not your time) suggest to me your own higher self put this number on for you to have.

Don't let it worry you.

Regards Daz
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2020-12-07)
Hello Halston.

Welcome to YGS.
This is an assortment of interesting encounters.

The first one sounds a lot like an out of body experience. You seem to know that this wasn't just SP but something else was going on. During an OBE a person is crossing the threshold between the physical and the spiritual realms, so there's no surprise if the cloud was an ethereal being and your Grandmother's spirit roaming around your room.
Although, in theory, since body and spirit are attached to each other through a cord that prevents risking a person from not getting back into their body during an OBE, I understand your Grandma's protective reaction when she saw the cloud ready to attack you.
Have you experience OBE before or after this time?

In my opinion, it's not easy to answer who/what the shadow figure is or what it might want. Perhaps a little more information could help to understand its nature and intentions.

Have you experience any other events beside these? Do you know the history of the house? Perhaps these entities are attached to the place for some reason or, maybe, they feel attracted to you.

It would be a good idea to keep a journal of these experiences and se if they follow a pattern, and to tell them to respect your space. If you are a religious person you could ask for the help of your church.

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: