You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Numerous Happenings

Real Ghost Stories

Numerous Happenings

 

This is just a compilation of small things either I or family have experienced. I've decided to do this because, even though they are individual incidents, they are too small or I just don't have enough info to write into a story and still meet the minimum character limit. Each paragraph is its own story.

This first one happened when my family went on vacation to the Cherokee reservation in North Carolina. We've gone many times (it's more like a second home than a vacation spot) so I can't recall what year it was. All I remember is I wasn't a teen yet. We normally stay in a cabin but this time they were all booked so we stayed in the Super 8 hotel. It was early morning and my dad had gone down to the lobby to get breakfast. My mom was laying down watching the news when she heard a man clear his throat then felt and heard the bed move as if someone was getting up.

This one happened to my big sister. In 2007, one of my dad's friends had just died from a heart attack and so we went to be with his family for a little while. My sister decided to stay home. She told us when we got back that she had looked outside and saw a figure walking across the field that is by our house, then saw it disappear right before it reached the wood line.

Next is something my grandfather told us back in 2009. It was around 2am when he and my grandmother were jolted awake by the slamming of a door in their house. He got up and grabbed his shot gun to inspect. He checked every door and window in the house only to find everything as it should be.

One night I was taking out the trash when I looked to my left and saw one of our cats run from the walnut tree to the house only to disappear halfway. The thing is, that cat had died a year prior. I even saw her run into my parents' room on a different occasion and my sister and I have heard her distinctive meow once years later.

This last one my mom, dad, and sister have seen multiple times. They describe it as the shadow of a tall man wearing a long coat and top hat. He's always seen standing outside my parents' room. Just recently I learned of other people seeing a figure they call "The Hat Man". It's seen as being a bad omen to which I can say every time someone in my family has seen him, a loved one has died a few days later. My mom has seen him twice. The first time her dad died, and then her mom. When my dad saw him, his friend had that massive heart attack. When my sister saw him, our paternal grandfather didn't die, but had a severe stroke. It really gives me chills knowing that this isn't just something my family has seen.

Other hauntings by ScareTale

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ScareTale, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fnaffan_jaylen (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-08-06)
I've seen "the hat man" as well when I was playing outside back in 2004. About 3 days later my cat named Charlie that I loved very much died.

Now looking at this story and others about "the hat man" It startles me,
Jaylen
LightMight (4 stories) (137 posts)
+4
3 years ago (2021-07-10)
There are various ways to cleanse your home without using sage/incense smoke cleansings (aka smudging). You can always check online for alternative cleansing practices, such as: Natural Light cleansing, Vibrational Sound Cleansing, and so on. These are usually very effective techniques to use, but you must believe in what you are doing in order to get positive results. Removing any excess clutter around a home before any cleansing is conducted, always helps too.
Https://otherworldlyoracle.com/cleansing-without-smoke/

Good Luck
ScareTale (8 stories) (14 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-23)
LFrog1386
That may be. My mother grew up experiencing things. My big sister for some reason seems to draw things to her. I myself am strongly intuitive.
Yeah, the Hat Man thing is creepy to think about. When I first heard of it, I got chills when people described exactly what my family had described.

Rajine
We've smudged the house a few times, but never kept up with it. My sister and I want to do it again, but my dad had throat surgery a while back due to cancer. He now has a tracheostomy tube to breath and smoke bothers him.
Is there another method you would recommend?
LFrog1386 (1 stories) (73 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-06-18)
I am curious if mediumship runs in your family. It seems like you are all sensitive to one degree or another.

Suffice to say, the Hat Man is pretty terrifying. He could be a harbinger of deaths already predestined or he could be coming to take people. The latter is too frightening to contemplate for very long.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+6
3 years ago (2021-06-18)
Hi ScareTale

Did your family ever try doing a house cleansing ritual, if it's something that you would consider there's plenty of great methods to use from this site.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: