You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Board Game Incident At Primary School

Real Ghost Stories

The Board Game Incident At Primary School

 

It was nearly 5 or 6 years since this incident had occurred in SK Pajar Sejingkat. I was in my senior years when this had happened. During this period, there was a spike of haunted game becoming famous among the kids of my school. Games like the Charlie Charlie Pencil, Bloody Mary, the Ouija board and many more that I don't remember.

Now, the incident took place somewhere in a week close to the holidays. I was at the school surau with my class reciting the Quran, talking to each other, playing catch and all of that. It was normal then. But there were rumours of people playing haunted board games among the students in the surau. As we went on with our day, we were surprised by a sudden shriek coming from one of the school buildings, presumably the 5th or 4th year classes. At first we thought it was something like somebody accidentally breaking the windows again which actually was frequent in this school. But the person didn't stop screaming.

The scream was so loud, I thought it came from the building we were in. Without hesitation, the boys in my class ran straight to where the noise was coming from. We can see from above that there's a classroom with students facing chaos in it. If I recall correctly, I saw a student being violent with other students while some tried to hold them down. The chaos continued to erupt while some of us were told not to go down with the ones that had already gone downstairs. The noise began to slow overtime and the boys are back. My friend who was with the group told us that the kids in the class are playing one of the known haunted board games. Now, I'm not sure exactly what the game was. I believed it was the Ouija board but my friend mentioned something about one of the students cutting their finger to drop a single droplet of blood on a certain coin.

The events occurred again and again until eventually, the ustaz and ustazah of the school made a conclusion the events especially the first incident came from the games we were playing. This caused the school faculty to arrange a special assembly just to warn us about these games. We haven't played these games ever since.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrWafirius, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DarkDaisy_13 (4 stories) (27 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-11-29)
Hi there MrWafirius,

I've tried the Ouija Board multiple times and have gotten some positive responses and a couple of negative ones.

I don't think it's obvious to most that when playing an Ouija board, not always will a negative sprit come.

I wonder if your still attending this school?
Thanks for sharing
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+2
2 years ago (2021-09-18)
MrWafirus,

Selamat datang - welcome. My father grew up in Malaysia, but it has been years since I last visited though I still have family there.

From what I remember, a surau is an assembly building for Islamic studies or prayers. It is rather surprising that those boys were allowed to play "haunted games" at a place of religious learning. Or did they sneak them in? How did the teachers react when they found out that the boys were involved with such activities in a surau school? Apart from the games being banned, I hope that those responsible were made to understand the importance of keeping spiritually clean.

Personally, I've not heard of blood rituals being called for in using a Ouija board. But the thought did occur to me that this could have been a case of bullying, under the guise of being some ritual. The whole ordeal could have caused some poor boy to lose his senses in panic. It was unsettling that the situation had not been nipped in the bud, at the very onset of trouble.

Blood rituals have to be performed with care, especially when they could result in nasty infections. Not a good idea to include as part of a game. But I also wonder if they could have been attempting something darker, with unfortunate consequences. And where did they get the idea of using a blood coin? It would be interesting to know if the same players were involved in the events, or there were more than one boy reacting with violence.

I am glad you were wise enough to stay away from the trouble. Stay safe and take care.
harrypotterrules (59 posts)
+3
2 years ago (2021-09-18)
As someone who's had some somewhat scary experiences with spirits in the past, I can agree with Rajine and say that those games are dangerous and in my opinion should never be played.

Also by the way, for those of you that don't know, a surau is a sort of prayer room that's typically seen in Islamic/Muslim schools, especially in some parts of Southeast Asia. I was a little confused so I looked it up, and thought I'd do you guys a favor.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-09-16)
Welcome to YGS.

The good news, games like Charlie and the pencil, and Bloody Mary, have been debunked and are more of urban legends than reality... One shouldn't trust nor believe all those videos posted on YouTube...

Could you be more specific about the place and time the events described by your narrative happened? Was it during recess time? Were there any adults around?

I'm surprised that there's no mention of any teacher going to the classroom where the commotion took place, specially since it seems like the students were causing a ruckus.

"I'm not sure exactly what the game was. I believed it was the Ouija board but my friend mentioned something about one of the students cutting their finger to drop a single droplet of blood on a certain coin."

As far as I know, 'playing' the OB doesn't require of any blood. Do you know if the board was a handmade one and they were using a coin for a planchet?

"The events occurred again and again"

Did these events happened always in the same classroom? Same players? Same student turning violent?

If it was the same kid always, would it be possible that he was having seizures? Are you aware if they got medical treatment? Perhaps he was faking the whole thing and enjoying being the center of attention?

Was there any paranormal activity reported before the students began playing these "haunted games"?

Although the Ouija board is a tool of communication with the spirit world, it doesn't guarantee resulting in a contact every single time it is used, specially not in a place with no previous history of paranormal activity.

I'm not implying that the events described in your story didn't happen neither saying that there's nothing paranormal about them, but it's always a good idea to investigate and consider other more mundane explanations for the matters we don't understand.

Also, are you still attending that school?

I'll appreciate your feedback. Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (734 posts)
+2
3 years ago (2021-09-16)
Hi MrWafirius

You know there's a saying, "curiosity killed the cat" I always believe that one shouldn't attempt these types of games unless you know exactly what you are doing or if you have a experienced person with you because you will never know what can come through.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: