You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Another Hitchhiker Haunting At Wee Hours

Real Ghost Stories

Another Hitchhiker Haunting At Wee Hours

 

It was a fairly cold early December morning. I woke up dragging myself from my bed not wanting to go to work but having to go anyway. Sometimes you don't feel like doing it but have to do it. Since my last encounter, it has become a little ritual for my mother to apply holy ash on my forehead every day before going to work. Sometimes she forces me to take a lemon with me so as to ward off any evil spirits. She can be pretty superstitious sometimes. I had a lemon in my bag with me this day and did not have the faintest idea that I was about to encounter another similar incident but this time on a different route. I have a feeling that it happens when you least expect it to.

I travel alone to work now as my colleague had quit his job and joined another company elsewhere.

As I took a left turn passing through a village, I saw a figure walking ahead of me in the middle of the road as if he appeared OUT OF NOWHERE. He was an adult male in his shorts. He held his left hand up at waist level. Maybe he was mentally challenged. But as I got closer to him I felt something odd. I saw from behind that his legs were all dirty and covered with white cement or mud. I threw my bike's focus light so that he could sense the light and make way for me but he didn't move an inch left or right. So I overtook him from the left and went ahead but I had this urge to look in my mirror. THERE WAS NO ONE BEHIND. He was nowhere to be seen. I stopped my bike and looked behind to make sure but the figure wasn't there. Just 50 meters ahead of me there were three guys waiting for their four-wheeler vehicle to pick them up for work. They didn't have the slightest idea of what I had just seen. Nevertheless, I got on with my journey!

Other hauntings by rahul_shelar16

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, rahul_shelar16, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CrimsonTopaz (1 stories) (239 posts)
 
1 year ago (2023-02-04)
Rahul, Thanks for the retelling on what happened. Good read. Thanks for sharing.
rahul_shelar16 (2 stories) (4 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-03)
No this was a different route than the previous one. I travel by this one because it takes me less time to commute to work.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
1 year ago (2023-01-03)
Hi rahul_shelar16

Is this the same route you travel on daily? Maybe what you saw was a random spirit.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: