You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Moving From One Strange House To Another

Real Ghost Stories

Moving From One Strange House To Another

 

The experiences in this particular house weren't nearly as obvious as something in my previous home moving dolls around but a few small things did happen. Myself, my partner, and my daughter moved into a house shortly before I gave birth to my son.

The house seemed ordinary until we had been there a few months, except for the fact that my sister refused to use the master bathroom. No big deal, it creeped her out. It was actually funny to me but she was serious that something was wrong with that whole end of the house.

There were several times the smoke alarm would go off in the middle of the night, despite having its batteries changed. So we went and bought a new smoke detector- same thing happened. Well... We took the smoke detector off the wall, put it in the closet, closed the door and it still went off! But not the one in the closet- I stood in the hallway directly underneath where the smoke detector should be and it was coming straight out of the empty socket. It always stopped after a minute or so and eventually it stopped altogether.

Another time my sisters and I and my infant son were alone in the house, flopped in the living room watching TV, when the kitchen light just flipped on. The switch went up, it wasn't a light bulb flickering. I had to physically flip the switch back down to the off position. It happened several times while we lived there, sometimes it would be on when we came home or it would be on in the morning when we got up. It was unpredictable, that light did what it wanted, and that was the only light in the entire house that behaved like that. At least it wasn't our bedroom light while we were trying to sleep!

I think the worst thing that happened in that house that scared me silly was something I first assumed was a bad dream but according to my boyfriend the next morning it was no dream. I'm not the least bit afraid of ghosts but I am terrified of aliens!

I had a dream that I woke up and saw a huge bright white light shining through the bedroom window and as I sat up in my dream the closet door opened and a tall gray alien came out, then everything went blank. I woke up the next morning and went into the bathroom where my boyfriend was brushing his teeth, and the first thing he said was, "Hey, what was that light outside last night? It woke me up, did you see it?"

I was speechless with terror! I told him my dream and he was freaked out too. WHAT WAS THAT? I'm still traumatized over that!

Other hauntings by Mandee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChickenLittle (11 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-02-01)
Apparently the light outside was not a dream since you both saw it. Do you live anywhere near an airport or military base. If so, could it have been an aircraft, particularly a helicopter? The larger ones I particular can have very right searchlights. Another thought was ball lightning. If you google it, you'll find some pretty interesting reading.

As for the alien, I lean toward that being a dream. You stated that you were terrified of aliens. I think the bright light outside your window may have triggered a nightmare, and your brain pulled up the thing that terrified you the most. Also, unless there were two entrances to your closet, why would an alien enter your closet only to exit it and scare you? It sounds like dream logic to me.

The other items you mentioned are odd, but they don't seem to be threatening. Thanks for submitting this account.
Mandee (9 stories) (20 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2018-01-22)
No, I never asked any of our neighbors, no one lives close enough that they would have seen it too. My boyfriend just went back to sleep and he said I was sleeping and didn't wake up. It probably halfway woke me up and then a bad dream just incorporated itself into what my sleepy mind barely registered. I have had lucid dreaming before, so it's not uncommon for me to have vivid memories of dreams. But...seriously, what was that light?
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-01-21)
Did your boyfriend get up to check what was outside? Did you ask the neighbours if they saw the bright light too?
Have you considered the possibility of yourself 'fabricating' the dream about the alien after perceiving, but not waking up to, the light?
I know one time I was having this dream about kissing my husband but his lips felt very wrong... I woke up with a corner of the blanket inside my mouth!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: