You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Chapel (tuklong)

Real Ghost Stories

Chapel (tuklong)

 

I'm finishing up my senior year. It was January 11, 2009. My high school pals and I are attending a dance party (in the Philippines when we celebrate a festival in a small portion of a state which is called "barangay". It usually has a dance party. Where all the teens and feeling teens can dance to anyone they want.)

The route is described as follows: Since we don't have cars, we walk. The forest is where the short cut is. There is a tiny bridge with just one handle. The sound of the river, birds, and other things may all be heard. Before you get to the highway, there is a field of sugarcane, mango trees, and bamboo.

Venue of the dance party: It was held in a high school field. Many folks stop by just to get a glimpse of the festivity.

Mika. I've heard a lot of stories about her, but this is the first time I've met her. She's tall. About 5'6 in height, and she looks bubbly and clever in her own way. That evening, before we went to the party, she greeted me. She is very vivid in my mind.

After the party, we made the decision to head home at 1:25 am. Same direction and path. But this is the time it's going to be different. As I'm walking behind Mika, we are passing a tuklong (small temporary shrine or chapel). Someone is passing by the chapel. An old man with a barong and kaki trousers and white hair. His face is decaying and he walks slowly towards the pulpit (a raised box or platform in a church, where the priest or minister stands, especially to preach the sermon.) When he's about to turn in my direction, I suddenly run. I moved as quickly as I could. All of a sudden, all of my pals started running. Mika and all of our pals were behind me as I stopped. They were asking why I ran that fast. We were all catching our breath.

Then Mika asked me, "You saw that, didn't you?"

Me: Yes. I assumed I was the only one who noticed him.

Mika: I saw him too. And I also notice that the gate of the tuklong is secured with chains and locks. What did you see?

Me: I did, I swear. That's why I run as well. He's about to turn in our direction. That scared the shiat out of me, man.

Mika asked me if we could talk as they were laughing at me and telling me how funny I was. It looks like I'm running for my life. This is my true-to-life horror story.

Mika: Sorry.

Me: Why? What happens?

Mika: Form now your third eye is open.

Me: So it's true?

Mike: Yeah.

Me: Alright.

They said that if Mika sees things and she's with you, there's a strong chance that your third eye will be open.

That was a brief talk I had with Mika. We stopped talking about it after that. That's how I started to see and hear things that aren't usual to ordinary people.

Other hauntings by XKY_LARQ

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, XKY_LARQ, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-30)
Awww thanks BaiAnina,☺️little point in being connected through an Internet forum if we don't all share our cultures and points of view. Personally I believe in all gods and entities from all religions and walks of life, even though I'm not that religious myself. I believe they are all 'there' somewhere, somehow in their realms. That there's a reason for worship and ritual beyond this physical world.
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (233 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-29)
Hello XKY_LARQ, great story, thanks for sharing!

This does open up an interesting discussion on many levels and though I cannot comment much regarding the inquiries on culture (which hopefully the OP will enlighten us on) I can offer some thoughts on the third eye from my own experience and those I've encountered and perhaps it will help.

What I convey here, many may be familiar with, others not so much, take with it what you will.

The 3rd eye is part of the chakra system, the 6th in fact, below the crown chakra. It is always open, all chakras are, in fact the energy of the chakra's are constantly moving in a rotating motion. The 3rd eye is part of our intuitive guidance system, and opens us up to other planes of consciousness and existence. We've all had gut feelings at times in our lives, whether we listen to them or not. If this chakra was closed that wouldn't be happening.

Now that being said, the chakra's can become blocked or out of alignment which cause issues. For instance someone may have seen a ghost that scared them as a child and decided they weren't going to see one ever again and effectively block that ability. It's also why children can so easily see ghosts and spirits, passed loved ones etc. That chakra is wide open for them, at least until adults who know better tell them it's not real or it's just their imagination. Then they begin to shut those abilities down, and by the time they become adults they are deprived of gifts and abilities that would make it much easier to navigate this sometimes crazy world we live in. It's like navigating a vast wasteland without a GPS for lack of a better description.

When people talk about 'opening' the third eye they're referring to actually awakening it. Though it's always open, it's quite another thing to start working with that energy, than just getting intuitive hits occasionally and seeing ghosts/spirits. To awaken it, is part of spiritual evolution, and there are so many things you can do when you learn to work with that energy and take charge of it. I won't go into the details but it can easily be searched online.

It's also quite possible that being around Mika could have helped with that awakening. Energy workers and spiritual healers can awaken another person's third eye, they do it all the time. It's all just working with energy again. However the people I speak of do it consciously and with the person's (they're working on) permission. My guess is that Mika has those gifts more naturally and is doing it on an unconscious level without realizing it or at least not fully. Merely being in her vibrational energy field could do the trick since she seems more attuned to the paranormal.

Again, I can't say much about the culture, although I do find it fascinating. So many stories from that part of the world contain so many similarities in sightings of these otherworldly beings. The entity the OP describes is very similar in many ways to other people's descriptions and stories. Many seem to be in some kind of human form, but there are things definitely off about their appearance such as the decaying face and the manner in which they move. Almost like an entity trying to copy a human being but not paying enough attention to detail, or perhaps it's done with intent?

Either way it could well have been the 3rd eye that warned them of danger and that's why they felt the need to run, because of intuition. As the 3rd eye is awakened further, intuition grows stronger and is no longer a whisper.

Hopefully this contributes to the understanding of what the OP was referring to (at least from what I interpreted) in regards to the 3rd eye and those gifts. The rest are pieces that only the OP can place in this story for us as well as to confirm if I am on track with what I gathered from this experience and what they were trying to convey.
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+6
11 months ago (2023-04-29)
[at] Tweed

That's a very insightful way to open a discussion, I want to give you infinite upvotes for that. 💖

I'm from the Philippines, although I might have grown up in a different province from OP. Some aspects of our shared beliefs are actually different per region, just as we have different dialects! The only insight I could give with regards to the "transfer" is that either Mika came from a family or a line with that much spiritual power or OP is an exceptionally sensitive empath of some sorts, or both. This part of our culture actually predates colonization which was when Christianity was introduced to us. It hasn't actually vanished but instead integrated, which is why there are some shamans/folk healers here who also "borrow" power from the Holy Trinity.

I'd love to know more from OP if they'd permit. This part of our culture is complex but it is interesting nonetheless. The paranormal stuff shared among the Southeast Asian countries are really something~ thank you for being this interested and being kind about it!
Rajine (14 stories) (740 posts)
+6
11 months ago (2023-04-28)
Do you perhaps know how long that shrine has been around? Maybe if you ask around you might get answers if others apart from you and your friends experienced this.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-28)
Hi all,

I tend not to comment on things I don't understand. With this narrative I suspect there's a piece missing. A cultural piece of the puzzle that could explain the OP's point of view. It would be great if some members from the Philippines could chime in. Because I can only offer a westerner's perspective.

From my westerner's view for this to work there'd have to be some kind of psychic link established between Mika and XKY. Even after this, if XKY had his or her third eye opened from their meeting with Mika it would be fleeting. As in, a brief energy transference between two souls which ended after they parted. XKY stated Mika had a reputation, for what isn't entirely clear. But if Mika had a reputation for being psychic this *could* have subconsciously anticipated XKY to receive any energy Mika was giving off, and there's your link. Any life long ability to see ghosts thereafter would be XKY's own abilities in my opinion. As in XKY had an epiphany which altered his or her world view, after meeting Mika and seeing the man.

Again I would love to hear from some locals on this because mine is a western point of view. Perhaps the man they saw is relevant in some way.

I noticed the karma police have been at it in this thread.🙄Here's hoping someone can shed some light on the culture of the location.
BaiAnina (3 stories) (41 posts)
+4
11 months ago (2023-04-28)
Mika sounds like an interesting person. Do you think she's from a shaman family by any chance?

Based on Lady-Glow's question I'd like to know; the whole time you've had your third eye, did you ever experience spirits that were as intense as the child from your other stories? I have a feeling that the paranormal activities are a lot more intense in the province.

Not going to lie, you had me at decaying old man in a barong. I would have shat myself on the spot. Ghosts in traditional clothing really hit different.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
11 months ago (2023-04-28)
" Probably he was just trying to clean the eye gunk from your third eye in order to talk to someone!"

By this I mean to say that spirits are aware when someone is a sensitive and, potentially, can hear them and help them. So, it's not a surprise if the super black kid was trying to get your attention... Even though your third eye and/or you were too slow to acknowledge their efforts.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
11 months ago (2023-04-28)
XKY_LARQ

I'm trying to understand the connection between both of your stories.

If your third eye got open in January 2009 and since then you "started to see and hear things that aren't usual to ordinary people."

How come you seem not to have had a clue about the black kid being a paranormal entity, even though in the course of a month or so, you were getting bruises on your legs every single night, and dreamed with this kid. If, after all, your eye had been open for almost a decade?

"They said that if Mika sees things and she's with you, there's a strong chance that your third eye will be open."

Who says that? Do you know of any other people who has been transformed by her?

I don't know... I find the idea of "the gift" passing from one person to another one/s as if it were a disease a bit ludicrous. Sensitiveness is not contagious.

Anyway, although I'm seating on the fence, I think this story opens the door to what could be an interesting discussion.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
11 months ago (2023-04-27)
CantunSEEit74.

"this is a low quality comment"

Is that so? May I ask why?

Is it for me choosing the expression "eye gunk" or for the contents of my comment?

If the former, don't forget that English is not my first language and I'll be always at disadvantage when it comes to the use of colloquial language. This is the first time I have been in need to use an English word for what I have always known like "chinguiñas" or "lagañas", so I just googled it... And choose a word that thought suitable.

If the latter, well, I guess you would have to elaborate why you think I have said something wrong... But no hurt feelings if you don't.
CantunSEEit74 (3 stories) (51 posts)
-1
11 months ago (2023-04-27)
Wow lady glow this is a low quality comment.xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
11 months ago (2023-04-26)
Hi XKY.

No wonder the black kid from your previous story was so aggressive towards you... Probably he was just trying to clean the eye gunk from your third eye in order to talk to someone!

About this story, I think spirits show themselves to whom they want to see them. It's not unusual for not sensitive people to see ghosts when in the company of a sensitive, or see nothing.

I have never known of anyone's third eye being open the way you described in this narrative, in my opinion, this is an ability that either one is born with, or takes a lot of effort to acquire.
Now I'm curious and waiting for the insight of other posters.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: