You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Ghostly Farmer

Real Ghost Stories

A Ghostly Farmer

 

This goes back to 1995. I was 13 years old and with me were my 2 younger bothers. The field was sold and developed soon after my experience also, which further hints that the farmer passed away and the land was sold at the last harvest (which was cut at this point in time of my incident).

The street name is Lambert St. Nw. Any address is irrelevant. It's quite obvious on Google maps where the new homes and older homes connect.

(West) Salem Oregon, approximately 8:30 pm. The neighborhood was built on wheat fields and possibly other crops in the 1980's. I lived on a short dead end road, one house away from the end of the road, which immediately began the wheat field. The last house after mine, lived an elderly couple. The husband had a bad stroke and had difficulties mentally afterward. A wonderful man too. My ghostly incident happened on the edge of his property line and the field.

My brothers and I liked going to the muck water that built up at the far corner of the farmers field, day and night to attempt catching frogs. This night I grabbed our big flashlight and the three of us boys went on our usual walk through the rough terrain, toward our destination, only to be stopped in our tracks by a VERY detailed entity that was literally an elderly man who looked like he was in his farmer clothing (stereotypical look from the "old days"). I noticed this in absolute shock as I raised my flashlight directly into the mass of this "fog" standing in front of us, standing still and feeling like we were being stared at. I said, "hello?" When there was no response, all three of us darted back into our house, the looks of horror on our faces. I could feel the fear running though me as I desperately pleaded with my pops to come outside and see this! He laughed at first, due to me crying wolf about a fake sighting I told him about in the past, after he swore he saw the exact type of entity at the opposite end of our street, one house down the opposite way of the field, at the stop sign.

He finally followed us out to look and, of course, nothing.

I cannot forget the feelings I experienced, never. I can still see the "ghost" in my head clearly to this day.

About 2021, I would drive through this same area as a graveyard hours job almost nightly. There was a couple times I would pull over and stand in the exact same spot, which is now a house side yard, with a tree planted in the spot where the entity "stood". A friendly cat would wander out to me and rub up on my leg as I would stand out there. I'm sure it was just coincidental.

I was so close to this ghost that I could have reached into it with my hand.

As I read through my experience, it sounds too good to be true. I feel very blessed, having the opportunity to see such a life-changing event.

I think children carry the ability to see ghosts. We grow up and out of this 'sense'. Some do not though, which is even more exciting. If I had a chance to do it over again, I think I would still react the same way as I did back as a child, scared out of my mind.

It may be the reason that my hair went gray early in life? That's a joke and probably also coincidental!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Shounzee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
6 months ago (2023-10-18)
I don't think it meant any harm, although seeing it would scare the living daylights out of anyone, perhaps it was a former owner with an attachment to the farm?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: