You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Girls Who Cried Farmer

Real Ghost Stories

The Girls Who Cried Farmer

 

I'm Chloe, and at the time of my encounter I was 12, now 13. I have a friend called charlotte who lives in fish toft. I went round her house to sleepover for the first time. It was all great fun, until nightfall. I didn't suspect anything in her house at all, though her garden looked quite sinister with a big strong tree that filled the back of the garden with branches.

We both slept in her double bed in her room. Charlotte fell asleep soon enough. But I was just laying, still, gazing into the darkness. Charlotte's room had an arch that led into a little room that was quite empty. I turned over in bed to face the arch. I was too scared to breath! I saw a man with his head tilted to his right, stood under the arch. This man looked like a common farmer. He had no hat, but boots and typical farmers clothing. Not all his featured were clear but his expression was really clear. He was really smiling, an over the top smile.

I ignored it and left it in the back of my mind. And I didn't tell charlotte either.

A few weeks passed. Charlotte came to school and told me about what she saw the night before. She told me about a man under her arch with his head tilted to the side. I interrupted and asked her if he looked like a farmer. She said YES YES YES! She was really shocked that I had seen it too. I showed her the picture of the man I drew in my diary. She was amazed!

This story could be backed by the fact that charlottes house was next to a grave yard and built over a farmer's field?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGirlChloe, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bludhunger (5 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-23)
was it one of those really really happy smiles like the ones that get you scared I'm sorry I'm kind of asking out of subject but you no what I mean 😉
KatieChan (3 stories) (63 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
I wonder why the farmer is smiling at you guys when he's dead. That doesn't make sense. Be careful of him. God Bless! ❤ Katie
BriFischer05 (14 stories) (169 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-27)
CrEePy. The way you describe him makes me think he is mentally ill. That's the vibe I got - too many scary moves on my part I'm sure:) The more I think about it however, makes me assume it is residual. How old is the house?
sethsgirlfriend21 (3 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
that's not a ghost that's a perv he might have been lookin at you girls and probaly enjoyed it so just stay calm and next time tell your parents if they don't believe you tell someone that will
libertybelle (14 stories) (207 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
Well, one thing's pretty plain to me, and that is if the man was smiling, he must be happy.

Unless, of course, it was a sinister smile?

From what you describe, though, it just seems to be someone who was caught in a moment of unbounded joy--sounds residual to me, not intelligent, and harmless.
NadimahElizabeth (2 stories) (14 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-07-26)
Woah that is creepy, I don't know why it just gave me goose bumps! I wouldn't have had the guts to stay there again, did you keep in touch over the years? Maybe others saw him too...creepy!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: