You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Fallen Farmer

Real Ghost Stories

Fallen Farmer

 

This story takes place in 1992, in springhill, louisiana. I was 9 years old. My mom, dad, and I had moved into this cute little house on some beautiful land in the country. The lady who owned the house had told my mom that the old man who lived there before us had walked in the door, one day after working in the yard, and died of a heart attack. She thought nothing of it. I over heard her and my dad talking about it a few months after we moved in. But I gave it no thought. And I knew after I went to bed my mom would come in and cover me up and after that she would shut my door.

Well a few months down the road, I wasn't in a deep sleep so I could hear my door open, and I thought it was my mom checking on me and one night I thought I would open one eye and peek to see my mom. My door opened and there was no one there, but I heard foot steps coming toward my bed and I closed my eye right quick. I felt my blanket covering me up, but there was no one there. And it happened a few times.

One morning before my mom got up to get me up for school, I heard her scream. She said there was an old man standing in front of her closet looking at her. She said he was about 60 and he was wearing a green and black flannel shirt and blue overalls. She called the lady that owned the house and asked "the old man that died here, do you know what he was wearing when he died?". She said "yes, he was wearing a green and black flannel shirt and blue overalls". My mom freaked out.

No one saw the ghost for a few weeks. It was 3 days after my birthday. I heard my door open again and no one was there and I felt my covers cover me up again. And every night when I went to bed, I would say good night grandpa. And I knew I was safe because I knew he was taking care of me.

Up until we moved from that house 13 years ago.

Other hauntings by Mystic

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mystic, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-22)
Abby, if you noticed I didn't respond to this one because you and your wisdom beat me to it. You said just what I would have. Kirby it is possible for people to remember what others were wearing or doing, especially if they witnessed a tragic event or found the person after they died. It kind of gets imprinted on the mind. Also how are you doing on your ghost hunts?

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Kirby (5 stories) (57 posts)
-1
17 years ago (2007-05-21)
I agree with dreamy1.

The woman wouldn't remember his clothing. Not THAT exactly at least. If I was your mom, I'd be a bit pre-occupied that there was a ghost in the house.

-Kirby
dreamy1 (6 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-20)
Wow she remembered what the man was wearing when he died years later? She has a great memory. If someone died in my house the last thing I'd be concerned about is what they were wearing.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-05-18)
Dear Beverly,
Your ghost story is a sweet story. It shows readers that not all ghosts, especially those we have not known in life are there to scare or harm the people they come into contact with. Many actually mean well and do look out for us.

A person's personality does not change after they die. If they were gentle or nice, they would be the same as a ghost or a spirit. If they were grumpy and mean, they would also have this same personality or demeanor.

In your case, you had a gentle, grandpa farmer figure and ghost. Lucky you to have had a nice ghostly encounter for all those years.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: