You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Story Of That Girl

Real Ghost Stories

Story Of That Girl

 

After that scary experience in the haunted building, I was very intrigued to find out more about these para/supernatural dimensions. As the saying goes, the more Unknown it is, the more Attractive it is. I was attracted to these less explored worlds and therefore wanted to do some digging by myself. But as I'm not that courageous enough, I asked Amit for his assistance. He readily agreed and asked me from where I wanted to start. I told him about my first experience; the girl standing under the tree. He got interested in the story and we planned to visit the place on the 26th of January.

We reached the place in the afternoon. Amit suggested we should first do some inquiries around to see whether we could get some related information about the girl.

Initially, we didn't get much success but nearly at dawn, a lady at a tea stall helped us having some information. She said that the girl's name was Kusum and when she died she was 17 years of age. She had a friend, a guy friend. He was just a friend, not a 'boy' friend. But the narrow minds of small-town people assumed something else and at that time having a boyfriend or a girlfriend was a taboo. A girl at that tender age having a boyfriend gave an impression to some cheap mentality guys that she's easily available to anybody... Everybody. So they started stalking her and passed disgusting comments on her and her family members, especially to the ladies of that family.

One day the guy friend of Kusum was found hanging under the mango tree. No one had any idea why or how that incident happened. Finding no other explanations for possible reasons for committing suicide, soon there were rumors that someone killed the boy due to jealousy. Kusum's family soon came under suspicion of both the locals and the cops. People started maintaining a distance from her and her family. It was almost like an unsaid yet agreed boycott by the locals, although they didn't have any solid reasons for that because the investigation was unsuccessful in proving the family guilty.

One day Kusum disappeared mysteriously. Cops searched for her everywhere. A cash reward was announced for anyone who could find the girl or provide some good information related to her disappearance that could help the cops find her. But every attempt was in vain. And slowly, there were some lewd rumors about her too, regarding her disappearance.

After some time, to everybody's surprise, Kusum's family members started disappearing one by one. And same as Kusum's case, every possible attempt to find the family members was in vain! No one knows to date where the family members went or what happened to them.

The house and the surroundings of the house soon became to be known as haunted. The road beside the house from which people could easily commute even in the dead of the night; was no longer used even in the broad daylight. The increasing population of youth, and especially the ones who are die-hard fans of the ghostbuster/hunter serials and web series do dare to go through that road, and sometimes even stop in front of the house to have a good look at it, and click selfies or make videos. But at night, even the birds and the stray dogs keep themselves away from that place.

And yes! The mango tree where the boy was found dead is to date considered to be the scariest. Locals claimed to have seen a girl many times, somewhere between 8:45 to 10:45, standing there, in front of the tree, seemingly looking up at the tree.

Listening to the story, we had goosebumps. I got a little emotional thinking about the girl's suffering whereas, on the other hand, Amit was lost in some other thoughts.

We returned by the night bus.

Both of us didn't utter a word regarding the story told by the tea-seller lady but it was very apparent by our faces that the place needs a visit, once again... By us.

Other hauntings by The_Dark_Soul

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, The_Dark_Soul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Rajine (14 stories) (777 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-02-02)
Sounds like a really tragic and strange story, maybe that girl and her family decided to move far away from the gossiping and ignoring and disdain from the society around them.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (818 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-01-31)
Hi. Thanks for the fascinating narrative.

I'm just curious about the time the young lady is seen. Is it in the morning or at night?

Thanks.
The_Dark_Soul (5 stories) (17 posts)
 
3 months ago (2024-01-31)
I tried to take a photo but Amit refused. Said that this is not the right time, we will take it later.

Since this incident happened between the late 90s and early 2000s, it is difficult to say anything about the news and articles related to this incident. But Amit is very interested and therefore he's already busy doing this work; I'm doing whatever is possible to do by me.

The lady said that 5-6 people had disappeared in total. She's not sure. I don't blame her and also can't force her for two reasons: First, there is no one to ask about that family and second, after so many years, it is not possible to remember the correct numbers and facts.

But we shall try to find out as much as possible.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+1
3 months ago (2024-01-31)
It seems like you wrote this story shortly after visiting that haunted location but, did you do a proper research to corroborate if the information provided by the woman is true?

I imagine the disappearance of several members of the same family would have made it to the official news and there must be some sort of 'paper trail' about these missing persons.
How many people went missing?
When did this happen?
Did the whole family disappear or did the surviving members abandon the house?
Did you take any pictures of the mango tree?
Have you come across any videos of the place in social media?

I agree, it will be interesting to go there again in the future, though, in my opinion, before that it would be useful to research the facts and see if they are true or how much truth it's in them.

I'm sure Bajirao Sinham would have no problem solving this mystery.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: