You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Rum Runners Torment

Real Ghost Stories

Rum Runners Torment

 

I used to be an atheist until this happened.

A friend of mine bought a house with his wife and invited me and my spouse over for the housewarming party. We brought some dishes and a cake as gifts and put the dishes and the cake in the kitchen while we went to the living room to watch a movie. The movie was a post apocalyptic bleak film and about 25 minutes in came a loud crashing noise came from the kitchen. We looked in with the ambient light coming from the living room but the dishes seemed ok and so did the cake. So we went back to watching. Another 15 minutes go by and we heard a crash that was so loud coming from the kitchen. We all ran inside and turned on the light and saw the dishes were fine. However smeared into the icing of the cake was "I am in hel".

My spouse and I made an excuse and split.

Over the next two months he heard voices, saw extra dark spots in the house and heard crashes when he was taking a shower.

He sold the house and six months later he did research on it and found out it was owned by 1920's vicious gangster.

Now I know there is a god and a place of eternal torment. I am not sure why God allowed his torment to be revealed to us. Maybe he wanted to warn us or scare us. It's bizarre.

My friend was shaken too but eventually bought a house about 8 miles away and is very happy there with his wife. He hasn't had any more experiences and has become a Christian just like I did. The universe isn't as strange as we can imagine. The universe is as strange as we can possibly imagine.

Peace.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, granpaul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

lwgrn4real66 (4 stories) (33 posts)
 
2 weeks ago (2024-04-11)
God has a reason for everything. I've had many unexplained experiences before through the years. But I've been no saint along the way! Recently, with me, I'd get over one bad thing, and three more would happen. I got so tired of such bad "karma or bad luck", so tired of it! I'm not sure if any of it had to do with any of my experiences or if something could have been or still could be attached to me. But, like you, I just Recently gave my life to God and my bad luck and bad karma changed immediately! God bless you and your family...
MiaG (29 posts)
 
3 weeks ago (2024-04-04)
Hello Granpaul,

Scary stuff.

Limey has some good questions.

Are you still around? It's been a few weeks since this post was published, but I was wondering what's going on there now with the new residents.

Thanks for sharing.
MG
Limey (3 stories) (33 posts)
+3
1 month ago (2024-03-14)
This is an interesting story granpaul, and presumably quite terrifying for your friends. It certainly would be for me. I've heard first hand accounts of the sound of dishes crashing in the kitchen, leading to the discovery of a collection of broken dishes, so this aspect of your story may not be uncommon. But in your case it was sound only. Maybe this is a first, and maybe the absence of the broken dishes signifies something. And is the misspelling of 'hel' yours or was this the way it was written, or smeared to use your word?
And finally, the use of the icing on the cake as a surface to leave a message is remarkable, if not unheard of, at least in my experience in reading about hauntings. Was there a piece of cutlery employed as an instrument, or did the spirit (if that's the word we can use to describe the culprit) appear to use a finger, as we might? And if a finger was used, or no instrument found, then the visitor must have taken a bit of icing back home. And if a finger was used, followed by a little finger licking, where did the icing go? I'm trying to visualize the sequence and consequences of the events. The whole thing is so puzzling.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+2
1 month ago (2024-03-14)
I believe that eventually we all are going to be judged and either rewarded or punished accordingly, I think that gangster is being punished for whatever he's done and isn't able to move on because of it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3157 posts)
+3
1 month ago (2024-03-14)
Welcome to YGS.

In my opinion, more than being in hell, this spirit is earthbound and unable to move on, perhaps due to their earthy beliefs and afraid of whatever might be waiting for them in the next plane of existence.

It sounds like this was/is an intelligent haunting and the spirit might feel some remorse of the bad decisions made during his life.

I imagine it would be too late, at least as your friend is concerned, to perform a blessing or cleansing of the house, though a prayer on behalf of that lost soul may help it find its way to the light.

Thanks for sharing.
Linjahaha (24 stories) (129 posts)
+2
1 month ago (2024-03-13)
granpaul, I'm sorry if that event terribly frightened you, & your friend, but some 'good' came out of it. I am 'not' preaching to you, or anything like that. However, I'm glad that it made you acutely aware that there 'is' a God. There are Angels, too. I know that for a fact. I was saved twice by angels, but 'that' is another story.
Possibly-this is 'just' a theory, mind you-that happened to convert, & maybe even save you down the road. Don't be upset with me, please.
Like I said, I'm just theorizing 'why' something like that 'could' have happened.
Who knows? Just maybe that gangster was trying to let you know about his eternal punishment, & making you aware of what could happen if you keep ignoring God. Just another theory here, but this was a fascinating read. Thank you for posting it!

All the Best! ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: