You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Forsyth in Shadows

Real Ghost Stories

Forsyth in Shadows

 

When I was 7 I lived in Forsyth Ga with my older sister Sarah and my Mother Jan. Being the youngest of four (and now youngest of 5) no one much listened to me much or believed any of my strange stories. Ever since I was young, strange things would happen to me, no matter where I was. My mother saw this but to keep the peace in house full of children, I was urged to keep them to myself.

I had always been the one with the tough outer skin, but very sensitive "spirit wise" on the inside. Maybe that's why none of my other brothers or sisters never really shared their experiences with me. Or maybe, as I was told, they were also sworn to secrecy.

One day after school my sister Sarah and I had just gotten off the bus from school. She was had just turned 10 and I was 7. My other siblings (coming from a home with divorced parents) had already moved away to live with my Dad and stepmother. Mom was at work and we were mature for our age. Able to take our baths and cook small things and do our homework. So it was just another normal day of Sarah and I again. Mom always left the door unlocked under the garage for us, but this particular afternoon, it was locked for some odd reason. We had to run to the neighbors, call mom at work and see where the spare key was.

After finding the key we went inside. I threw my things down by the door and Sarah went to her her room, I can't remember why. I had my back to her room and was walking into the kitchen when I heard foot steps behind me. Soft and slow at first, then growing louder, faster, and nearer. I thought it was just Sarah at first, but I knew, as I began to run that it wasn't her chasing me. I could hear and even FEEL a heavy breathing down my neck. Chills flew down my spine.

When I couldn't run any longer (I had reached the far wall) I collapsed and shrieked and crumpled on the floor with my hands covering my head in sheer terror.

I heard my sister call my name and heard her running from her room. She had been in there the whole time. Nowhere near me or the kitchen. She asked me what was wrong. I told her nothing, that I fell.

Another experience was around the time of my birthday. My oldest sister Misty came to visit and bought me one of those little princess tiara and earrings sets. I loved it so much. Especially the earrings because of what a beautiful blue they were. (my favorite color). I cherished them and kept them in a small glass jewelry box that had a small lock and key (another present from my late grandfather).

I could hear things in the night always. Breathing, footsteps, whispering, knocking, the bathroom door outside my room opening and shutting. (It creaked very loudly) So, naturally, I still had a night light.

One night while I was asleep, I suddenly remember waking for no reason at all. And looking along my wall. There was a shadow there. The perfect silhouette of a human person. I thought it was mom at first so I wasn't frightened until it began to move and there was no mom (no one actually) creating the shadow.

I noticed, even at the young age of seven that it didn't follow the laws of nature or light. It didn't bend with the walls, it didn't move or fade no matter which way it was to the light, even at the corners it stayed the same shape and color and I remember the heavy breathing. I don't really know what happened then. I might have just gone back to sleep or passed out. But when I woke the next morning, my earrings were gone, but my box was still shut and locked. I asked everyone if they had been in my room that night. No one had.

One last thing, then I'll stop typing so much, I promise. One day I was in the living room alone while Sarah was outside playing. I can clearly remember watching sailor Moon and eating peanut butter. Ha ha. When, from the corner of my eye a girl came and sat down beside me. I knew she was there, but didn't think much of it. She had dark hair, but I couldn't tell about any other features really, except she was wearing a pink and white floral dress from what looked like the early 80's. It did not bother me one bit, she came off peaceful and I paid her no mind...

Until I remembered Sarah was outside.

She was still there until I turned my full attention to her and she was just gone. Sad to say I ran out of the house and sat in the driveway with Sarah until Mom came home.

Other hauntings by Vannarra

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Vannarra, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Hello Vannarra,
I get the feeling that while you were in the kitchen on that first day, the same little girl as in the last recount was walking towards the kitchen. She realized that you could hear her approach and was so excited that someone could acknowledge her, that she began to run to PLAY. I do not get the feeling that she was trying to frighten you, or to make you hysterical. She merely wanted to play. I also get the feeling that much of what you experienced so young was from her. She did not mean anything bad from any of it, she was just being a young girl, trying to play with the others in the home.
The Shadow being has my curiosity though, as the earrings were missing after you saw it. I do not really get the feeling that the Shadow took them, I get the feeling that the little girl liked them as much as you and thought to play with them. I could be wrong, I am not perfect, but that sounds more likely than a Shadow being taking them for some reason.
Do you still live in or visit the home? Just because it was built by those living in it does not mean that there is not the chance of a haunting. The land, possessions within the home, emotions, all types of things factor in. I was just wondering if you could still see her in the home.
Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Vannarra,
Are you still in this same home? Do you still have occurnaces? How long ago was this when these things happened?

It is certainly possible that the girl you had heard about (or someone entirely different) was/is attached to the land and wants to be sure their presence is known. You may be a bit sensitive, therefore are able to experience some things others can not or will not--dependent upon the situation and the person.

God Bless!
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
I'm not sure about the land, but it was wooded and we cut down the trees to build it. So, no No houses before.
But I do have information that I believe is going on in the old house in Forsyth.
There's a rumor that in the woods close to my house, and possibly on the property, around 1984 a young girl was lost in the woods and her body was found as few weeks later. I don't know what her name was. And I'm not sure how she died. Some say she ran away or got lost, others say that she was running away from her abusive stepfather who later caught up to her and that's when she met her demise.
Very interesting.
❤ -Vannarra
nigheanruadh (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Do you know the history of the land before your family built the house? Was there a house on the site before yours? It would be interesting to find this out since it's possible to have activity in new buildings that have been built on or near locations with prior history.

Interesting story though! 😊
Vannarra (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Thank you very much. I already know the history of the house... We built it! That's what's so strange about it. I still don't understand it all. But maybe all this will come to light. I'm doing a lot of investigating, including trying to get my siblings to tell me if anything ever happened to them that they never shared. Maybe I'll find what I'm missing soon.
Thank you so much.
❤ -Vannarra
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Good story. I really liked to reading it. I think that the place must have had a history to it. Try doing research about the house. I hope you share other stories soonj. And don't worry if its long. It makes it more exciteing to read. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: