You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Feeling of Sadness

Real Ghost Stories

A Feeling of Sadness

 

First let me give some history. My family has always had what you would call psychic abilities, we feel others emotions or know things that most people would never pick up on. I guess it has something to do with our heritage, my Grandmother on my dad's side is Cherokee with some Scottish thrown in, on my mom's side we have Sioux and Irish. Needless to say, with that kind of mix, we have a wide variety of psychic tricks in our family.

I had told my husband about some of my experiences and he had come to the conclusion that, while I truly believed in what I could feel or pick up, it did not necessarily follow that it was real.

My husband grew up in an old, old house, generations of the family had lived there. Some of you are familiar with stories of the old home place since he has written several stories about it and you know that he was sort of a foster child there. His aunt and uncle took him in when he was about six years old but the generations before were not his actual ancestors so he did not talk about them very much.

This particular incident took place early fall 2007. We had gone up to visit his sister who is presently living there in the old home place, and since I love old houses, I told Frank (Frawin) that I would like to see the upstairs of the old house. We went up a narrow staircase and into this big old fashioned room that was filled with old toys, whatnots, figurines, books, old trunks and two or three beds. It was the kind of room you could poke around in for hours.

We had only been up there for a few minutes when I started feeling it. There was an overwhelming sadness in the room, almost a feeling of despair. I started to cry and Frank asked me what was wrong, I opened my mouth to tell him nothing was wrong but what actually came out was "the baby died" then I just started sobbing and Frank had to take me back downstairs.

When I finally got myself under control and got the stuff in my head sorted out I told frank that what I had felt was from a woman who had lost one of her new babies and that part of the grief I was feeling from her was that she didn't have time to grieve for him because she had another baby and older kids and that she had to take care of and couldn't take the time to grieve.

Frank told me later that the woman was his foster father's mother and that she had given birth to triplet boys and that one had died about a month later but she had two babies left that had to be taken care of. She lost another of the triplets when he was a toddler but the last of them lived to a ripe old age.

Frank was kind of shocked because this woman was not related to him so he had never talked about her to me. All the time before this when I talked about my paranormal experiences Frank knew that I believed I was having real experiences but now he knew it was real too.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mrsfrawin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-31)
Deepest respects, again, my friend, just thought I would verify the reasons behind my last statement here.😉

Hi Surya,
I just noticed that last paragraph of your comment and thought I would let you know why I questioned it. Many people on here seem to get the wrong impression of me, and I find myself going back to comments to explain.
I personally took no offense to it. I am pretty secure in the thought that neither did mrsfrawin. I was asking in the spirit of a discussion. So many people feel that there is simply one way in which things go. We have either been taught that direction, or we have come to the belief through an experience.
I, personally have never heard anyone say that it could be anything BUT hereditary (I HAVE, however, heard MANY people say "I don't know"). I was just wondering where she gathered that information in between the time that "that Smith thing" was posted and THIS one was posted. I figured she must have stumbled onto something while researching. I thought perhaps she would like to share. It is kind of odd to put a statement out there that "you" do not seem to want to defend.
Why post something, with "your" name tagged to it, and not care to back it up? I have always thought that my name is the only thing that is solely MINE, and I am the only one available to fully defend that. As my name was passed on from many upright, honorable people, I WOULD NOT want to soil the lineage of that name.
But, I expect no discussion, though I think it would have been an informative one.
Thank you.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Hi, I really enjoyed reading your story. Reading what you experianced in that room, the grief of the mother really pulled my heart but at the same time, it calmed the unstable feelings I have been carrying for the last week or so. I don't know what it is I read or felt, but I am calm for now. It must be tough for you to pick on vibes, but I am sure you deal with them as best you can. Thank you for a great story.

As for the comment left ignore it, some people just don't have a clue and think it is alright to twist words out of context.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-30)
Thank you for the permission, mrsfrawin.
I must admit, sometimes I just go through some of the comments, and if one catches my attention a bit more than others, I tend to jump in the story and ask the questions to it out right.
It is my theory that if I go through life with unanswered questions, it is MY own fault. There is no harm in asking, it is just harmful when the receiver reads it in a different tone of "voice" than it was presented in. I seem to cause people to believe (only in that I do not generally post my THOUGHTS along with the questions. How can I have an informed thought until all the questions are answered anyway?) that I am in the process of proving them wrong. MOST of the time, that is NOT the case.
**PLUS, I can not HELP but to initiate lively discussions with all of my questions. 😊 I LOVE a good discussion.
Thanks again!
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
hello white buffalo,
Never mind me, you go right ahead and give her a piece of our minds. Not that it will do much good. That was no more her belief than it was mine. I mean, in her post to my story she said

"Slightly O/T but I hate when people chalk their "psychic abilities" up to their heritage, lineage, etc. It is completely irrelevant."

Yet in another post to someone else she mentioned the fact that people in her family were known to have abilities and attributed it to "that smith thing" she can't have it both ways.
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
aznbubigurl,
Thanks for the comment. If you are starting to experience psychic emotions left over from past times, be careful, as these emotions can get stronger over the years, especially if they were not dealt with during the persons life. Also, if this is something you want to pursue, you may also want to check out meditation techniques.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-29)
Highest respects, mrsfrawin.
Please excuse me for one moment.
Thank you.

Psychic ability is irrelevant to a persons lineage, heritage, (etc) genetics or DNA, Snailbug? Wow. I have got to honestly say I have NEVER heard scientific proof to that comment. In fact, scientifically speaking, there are mountains of support for the passing on of such "traits" through our blood lines.
Why not?
We pass deadly ailments to our children. We can pass on our hearing, visual issues. Heck, we can even pass on High (or Low) Blood Sugar and Cholesterol.
Why would we not be able to pass on our attributes as well?
If that were an honest, and well researched and thought out comment, HOW do you explain the three generation psychic families (Sylvia Browne for one)? Nostradamus' Father was thought to be a soothsayer. How would that be explained?
I would much rather be secure in the knowledge that my Grandmother passed on a beautiful legacy, than to believe that some air borne atom infiltrated my system and created in me the SAME things that my GRANDMOTHER lived with. Or that some freak occurrence happened that MADE me the way that I am.
More importantly, Made my SON the way HE is.
Thank you.
aznbubigurl (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-22)
Hi mrsfrawin. I to have experienced this kind of saddness. Being only 23 I experienced it only last year but I found out I picked up on my bf's grandmother. It was the most saddest feeling iv ever had in my life. After I asked my boy friend a few questions I found out I sit where she use to sit at the dinner table and that's where I picked up on her pain. I than found out she use to cry over the abuse my boy friend's mother use to get from her husband. I felt so helpless and wouldn't stop crying for about 20 minutes.
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
snailbug,
What can I say?, It just tears me up inside that you hate people who think that they get their psychic abilities from their anscestors and consider it part of their heritage or lineage but I guess we can't all have "that smith thing"
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
hello lilblackpom, so sorry that I did not answer sooner, but summer is our busiest time of year, excepting New Years Eve. Thank you for your comment. I enjoy reading stories from people with similar interests and experinces. Remind me later to tell you about the confederate soldier I saw as a child.
SnailBug (61 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-01)
Slightly O/T but I hate when people chalk their "psychic abilities" up to their heritage, lineage, etc. It is completely irrelevant.
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-30)
Hello mrsfrawin. Just going through stories and this came up. You definitely have a gift of psychic medium abilities, a sensitive. This is a very sad story for me though because of the babies but unbelievable that you knew about this when you entered into the room. Thank you for sharing your story. I enjoyed reading it and hope to read more soon. Your heritage is full of abundance... Like mine! 😆 Take care of yourself and Frawin! 😊
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-14)
racemustang, thank you for the comment and no I did not take it as sexist. I think that the reason men leave behind so much anger is because men are seen as protectors and providers and when something happens to their family they feel that they have let the family down whether they could have done something to stop it or not they still feel responsible. As for women they are the nurturers and it is expected of them to greive but being women they also know that sometimes death is inevitable whereas men think that if they could have just done a little more they could have averted it. It's not sexist it is just the way we are raised in most cultures.
racemustang (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
I understand the complete sadness that can envelope a person and become a mourning veil for all of eternity. I also understand the complete anger that it seems some male counterparts seems to feel in the same circumstance. As men and women seem to go through the same experience with contradicting emotions, I am almost surprised that you could not also feel the anger of the Father. Except for the fact that in some cases, males seem more likely to let things go than women do. I do not mean to sound sexist, I only mean to point out the differences in the human emotional make up which could cause a grieving Mother to stay behind, but not the Father.
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-02)
Hi Essie thank you for your comment. Unfortunalety it is not my place to make him leave. I have to be asked and to be honest I think that dealing with that particular entity would make me physically sick. Very bad vibes. As for the feelings I pick up no it's not just sadness or meaness sometimes it's anger or joy, frustration, love sometimes it's a combination sometimes it's nothing at all. But I can honestly say it's always interesting.
essiej (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-01)
I really like your story. I think you should go back and tell the bad guy to leave. I think you are the one that can. I had a bad woman in one of the bathrooms of one of our houses and my Mama's friend (Mama said her friend had more gifts than her, so she let her friend try to make her leave) couldn't get her to leave. So Mama got mad and stormed in the bathroom and glared into the mirror and told her she was not allowed in her house. She took a tree of sage and kept saying she would not tolerate anyone messing with her kids. Maybe it just has to be the right person to get bad ones out. Can you only feel the sad and the mean ones?
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
hello chelleck, thank you for the comment. I have not been back upstairs in her room so I really don't know if she is still so emotional right now. I do plan on going back up there soon though. Frawin and I are also planning a trip this summer to the location of the Bell Witch and I will let everyone know how that turns out.
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
hello kimSouthO thank you for your comment. I certainly hope that I was able to help her in some small way. That is one of the things that makes having this ability worthwhile.

blessed be 😊
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
hello poltergeist45 yes I also believe that everyone has psychic abilities and this site could certainly show that those abilities are not confined to one area. Thank you for the comment.
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
hello rhodes68 yes it could be considered a gift however it is sometimes inconvenient to say the least. And yes it can at times be frightening, especially when I was young and first started to experience this particular aspect of it. After all, feeling emotions from an outside source is very confusing when you are an adolescent and have conflicting emotions of your own to deal with. Thank you for your comment.
chelleck (3 stories) (56 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
What an amazing and tragic event. That you could bring this out. Have the woman presence shown herself since this happened?
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-28)
Welcome mrsfrawin,
What a beautifula and tragic story. I do believe that you were able to assist in the greiving process the mother of these babies did not have the time to exhibit in life. She was able to release this through you, make a connection and let her grief out and let her grief known.

Thank you for sharing your story with us!

God Bless!
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Thanks for joining the site and sharing you wonderful story with us! 😊.Actually we all have some level of psychic abilities, sometimes we don't even knowtice it even though we use it everyday.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
While I always had a biased belief that my wife could do what she claimed, I had no personal proof. After the above experience happened I had all the personal proof I needed. While I had told stories of my ancestors to her, I never spoke of THESE people because they weren't in my bloodline.
Any other questions will be answered by mrsfrawin as this is her story
😊.

FRAWIN ❤ ❤
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Welcome mrsfrawin and thank you for an intriguing account!

It's a gift to be able to "tune in" with other people's emotions and I suppose to get a glimpse of the old world. I was wondering, is it always welcome or can it, at the same time, be frightening?

Your story about Frawin's home place enhances the feeling that too much was going on, sadness for what was lost, anger as nails would come off doors... So many emotions, so many generations that came to pass leaving a trace behind.

Well, once again, it's lovely to have you among us and hope to have you back with another account soon 😊
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
hello martin and thank you for the welcome. 😁 I hope to share more stories in the future.
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
hello ChrisB I am glad that you enjoyed my story I have always had a strong empathic sense. I am glad that your sister is currently enjoying good health. Take care 😁
mrsfrawin (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
white buffalo thank you for the welcome. No the dining room entity is definitely NOT the mother from upstairs. I really don't know what it is but I do know that it is full of hate and anger just getting near that room makes me queasy. As for my family they are one in a million. I remember growing up and having odd experiences and having my family accept them without question. I guess that is why we have retained the ability to accept things as we grew older (I have five sisters and two brothers). Growing up it was just part of who we were and was never considered to be a big deal. Anyway thank you for your comments and feel free to ask any further questions.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Oh, what a terrible situation, mrsfrawin. Two beautiful surviving children, but no time to love and grieve for the one that was taken Home. No wonder the poor woman could not reign in her grief.
This story, though, brings to mind so many more questions for Franks stories, mrsfrawin. Such as the dining room entity, what are the chances that the anger felt in that room has something to do with the same thing? Extreme anger over the loss of that blessed child, or over the loss of time to GRIEVE for him. I am going to have to go back and check those stories out. 😊
You know what I think is remarkable, though? Many times we assume that just because things happen within our "love families" (the ones that there is no Blood bond, just love for the bond) that they can not be read of felt by others who DO feel the emotions of our blood clan.
My Grandmother would do readings for us, and for our friends, and often times she would tell us which of the people would be lasting friendships just off of the emotions of the parties being read for. It was never a conscience thought to set out to do readings, but something would happen and there it was.
For my sister and my brother (my parents are totally set against even the THOUGHT of such things. All that exists is what you can see, what is in the Bible, and in the hearts of organized religion) she could only see blood ties. For myself, she could branch out. She even told me a few years back that I would meet someone whom I would NEVER see in person, but would find him closer than a brother.
As I see that you have a rich family of sensitive people, I wonder if the reasons you can feel so deeply is from the absence of discouragement within that unit. To have mentors in the home as you grow with the knowledge of what is all around, must have been... I can not even think of the correct adjective.
Welcome to our site. Thank you for sharing, and trusting us with this. Truly amazing.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Hi MrsFrawin. I'm glad you finally shared your story with us. I believe that people can feel others emotions. Even ghost feelings. I remeber when my sister fainted and I was 200km from home. I remeber that I knew something was wrong with her. 5 seconds later I got a call from my mother. Now my sister is good in health. I guess you just knew it was a lady whos child died. I liked reading your story and I will be more then happy to read your next story. Best regards to Frank 😁. I hope to hear from you soon and take care 😁
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-03-27)
Welcome to the site mrsfrawin and thanks for the story! Frawin is indeed a big contributor on this site.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: