You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Creepy Closet

Real Ghost Stories

Creepy Closet

 

When I was 13, I lived in my grandmother's house with my mom and my sister. The house was old (I'm not sure how old), and there was a furnace door across from my room. I came home from school one day and no one was there. I did my homework and laid on my bed to watch t.v. It was around 7 or 7:30, because Wheel of Fortune was on the t.v.

I heard a noise in the furnace room and opened the door to see what it was. I thought it was a mouse or something, but there was nothing in the furnace room, so I closed the door back. After about 10 or 15 minutes I heard it again and knew it was coming from that room.

All of a sudden the knob on the door started to turn. First it turned slowly and then it turned faster like someone was trying to open the door. I jumped off the bed and closed my door quickly. I did not want to see what was trying to get out of that room. After about 5 minutes of me closing my door, the furnace door flew open with so much force, it banged up against the hallway wall.

I put my nightstand up against my door and stayed there until my mom came. I did not tell her about that incident. I told my sister and she let me know that she had also had an encounter before my mine. She also informed me that she found a Ouija board and had been playing the game.

Other hauntings by coco31

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, coco31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-20)
Ohh no...
Ouija boards are BADBAD news if you don't know what your dealing with...
They really shouldnt be sold in toy stores, they are NOT toys...
Do some research, and find out how to close whatever it is she opened, as it could get worse from here... Ouija boards tend to be beginnings to some of the worst ghost stories...
Maybe get back on the ouija board, contact whatever it is she contacted, and get it to say 'Goodbye'. If you do not end the session with goodbye, you are inviting it into your home. If you do this, and it starts moving in a figure eight, keep telling it to say goodbye, they like to use figure eights to scare you into putting it away without saying goodbye.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-19)
Dear coco31,

A truly frightening story indeed! I have to say the climax was a hit. I am worried about your sister playing the ouiji board though. I wonder what happened to the board. The board explains the hauntings very clearly.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care.

Sincerely,

Francois
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I have got a white board and we did it on there, it is easy to get the spirit out cause you rub the words off.
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
I suggest I go with kimsouth you either Destroy it or Keep it unless you want more ghost!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
coco31,
Although you and your sister seem to be at the age for poltergeist activity, I implore you to have the ouijia board destroyed. There are instructions on the net for proper destruction of these things. I have never heard of an experience with a ouijia board that turned out anything positive.

Also, I must have missed something, what skeleton apparition?

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Nah, The Ouija board did not have anything to do with this.
Was the skeleton apparition before or after this one? What was the encounter that your sister had?
You were at the right age for anyone to come around and make it's presence known to the two of you. Young children have the ability to see and experience things that once we get older we like to think of as just imagination.
I have the feeling that whatever had really been experienced in the home would have occurred whether there was a board involved or not. That part was purely coincidental.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
Ahh those Ouji boards. They are tempting but they are dangerous. When a portal is opened anything can come in.Anything.I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
When your sister was playing with the oujia board she open a portal to which anything good and evil can come out of it. I feel that is what may of happen in this story.
poltergeist45 (1 stories) (46 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Its obvious that the ouija board caused this. You should find out how to properly close a ouija board session to let the spirit leave because I doubt that your sister did that. And if you burned it already like most people do, then the spirit is traped and you need to get it out with holy water or something like that because without the board its going to stay in your house until someone gets rid of the spirit. 😐
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Sounds creepy! Possibly the Ouija board may have opened a door to spirit (s)? That's why I never go near one, despite the fact that they sell them in toy stores (Which they most certainly are not toys) But interesting story, thank you for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: