You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Skeleton Apparition

Real Ghost Stories

Skeleton Apparition

 

My first ghostly encounter I can remember was when I was about 6 or 7 years old. My mom, her boyfriend, my sister, and me had just moved into a house in Pleasantville, NJ. In the room me and my sister slept, there was an attic door. I felt very uneasy living in the house and especially uneasy sleeping in that room with the creepy attic.

I dozed off to sleep and around maybe 3 or 4 in the morning I awoke and saw the attic door open. I tried to wake my sister, who was sleeping beside me in the same bed, to get up and close the door. She would not move at all. All of a sudden I saw something move in the corner of my eye. The movement came from the left side of my vision, about 4 or 5 feet from the bed. It was very dark in the room, but the moon shone through the window and provided a little light.

At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because of what I saw. I wiped my eyes, blinked, and pinched my arm to make sure I wasn't still asleep. What I saw almost made me pee on myself. Looking directly at me through empty eye sockets was a skeleton. It had on a black cape and the inside was blood red. I know how this sounds, but it is very true. I couldn't scream. I couldn't move, I was in shock and scared out of my mind. I closed my eyes and hid my head under the covers.

When I looked up it was still there, which really made me believe I wasn't dreaming. Finally I mustered up enough strength and ran out of the room. Leaving my sister and the ghostly figure (or what ever it was) behind. I ran to my mom and told her what happened.

Of course she didn't believe me, but stayed with me until I fell asleep. To this day I don't know what it was, which is why I am deeply interested in the paranormal.

Other hauntings by coco31

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, coco31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Pharmaseudicals (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-10-07)
I had something eerily similar around the same age. I was about 5 or 6 and I was in my bedroom asleep. I woke up randomly and, since I slept with my bedroom door open, I could see my parent's door was shut. This was weird since my mom was worried about sleeping with the door closed because she might not be able to hear me getting hurt.
I was going to get up and try to sleep in my parent's bed, but saw my hallway fill with this blue fog. I stayed in my bed and saw this skeletal figure float into my doorway. I remember it was in a tattered, white hooded cloak and its eye glowed bright white. It didn't approach me or try to hurt me, it just stood there with its arms out stretched slightly.
Terrified, I buried my face under my blankets and yelled for my mom. She thought it was just a bad dream, but I've had inexplicable problems sleeping since then and I'm constantly plagued by unrelated nightmares.
dmoore45 (1 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-15)
There were experiences from my childhood, but I was 26 when I saw a skeleton spirit. Currently I am 27, this happened late last year before I moved from my old apartment. While I was laying on my couch a night, suddenly I saw a skeleton covered with ghostly cloths over my television. Inside the eye sockets there were light purple lights, some of you said red. This spirit was just hovering there and said nothing. After a few second I opened my eyes and did not remember closing them. I'm a natural all nighter, and had no intention of sleeping. It seemed that I had an out of body experience, might even have been dead and didn't realize it. Recently I've had health problems but still do not know who I was looking at.
CAGriffin (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-03)
I seen a skeleton apparition when I was around six. It was really scary! For no reason at all I woke up in the middle of the night and look out my bedroom window and saw a skeleton sitting on top of my mom's car that was park under the tree. It was just sitting there looking up at the sky (or at the tree) Kind of swaying a little. I just stood there staring at it and than decide to hop back in bed facing the window. At that point I did not feel fear because it was outside and I was safely inside away form it.
After a few mints of laying down. I roll on my back and look to my left. There it was watching me. It was laying down on its right side and was prop up on its elbow as if to say what are you going to do now? I quickly turn back towards the window and close my eyes and eventually fell asleep. I was too scared to do anything else. It was so much Scary up closer. Now that I think about it I bet it wanted to scare me because it did not get the reaction it desire! Well I move form that place long ago so I should be safe now right? Right?
richieharry (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-01-28)
I remember when I was about 4 or 5 years old, I was in my bed. Back then we had a bunk bed and my youngest brothers crib was next to it. I remember laying and hearing the sound of a blender I was thinking it was my mother in the kitchen but when I looked at the bottom of the door there was no light. I did not pay any attention to it. So as I was trying to fall asleep I took a glance at the closet which was open and what I saw was a skeleton with no skull. Then out of nowhere what I can describe as a machine was causing the noise and and was screwing the skull to the body Like a light bulb. The eyes were red and it would stare at me and my brother (who was fast asleep). I remember seeing more red eyes around the edges of the closet and it would stare a lot at my brother. It would move but would bit step out the closet. I was starting to get scared and I was pulling my self closer to the door. Once I close enough I ran to my mom crying about it. Of course she didn't believe. Ever since then I'm afraid of having the closet door open when I'm falling asleep. I'm 25 years old and i'm still afraid lol. I can't believe many have witnessed it.
sherry7488 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-25)
Im noticing some similarities of my ghost experience as well.
I too was around 6 years old when I seen a skeleton ghost. My bedroom was in the back of the house the scariest looking room of the house. And my dads and brothers rooms were in the front. So I didn't like sleeping in there especially because on days it was windy there would be a tree branch hitting the window which really creeped me out. Anyway, at nights when everyone was asleep I would sneak into the living room to sleep there. That's how scared I was. It was closer to my dads room. And this one night I went to sleep in the living room I was making a fort out of my blankets and pillows using the couch and coffee table and what not. Just playing because I couldn't fall asleep. And as I was playing I noticed something in the corner of my eye near the entrance doorway to the kitchen. Something was standing there. For a split second I was thinking it was my dad. But his room was on the other side of the living room. Then I looked directly at it. And it was ghost skeleton wearing a purple cape hoody. Just standing there. I couldn't see its feet its like it was floating. It was just staring. I couldn't tell if it was looking directly at me or towards my dads bedroom. Then it started to write on something. Like notepad. And I froze up stiff. I gently laid mmyself on the couch trying not to look directly at it. And I just kept thinking to myself. "if I just run behind it where the light switch is, ill kill it with the light". But I was way to scared to do that. Then the skeleton ghost turned around and started walking towards the kitchen and down the hall towards the bathroom. My dad always leaves the bathroom light on. So I thought oh it got killed by the light. And I think that's kind of what gave me a little peace about what just happened. I told my dad in the morning what happened. And he of course said I was just dreaming. Yet I remember it like it just happened yesterday.
And about a year ago or so. I happened to come across a psychic medium person. And asked her what that might have meant. And her response was little strange. She said I got visited by an angel. But I forgot what name she said. Anyhow she said I should feel blessed by this. I didn't feel blessed I felt scared as shiat! A few thoughts crossed my mind like... Angel of death? Marking my time?. Like wtf.
squire22 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-04)
You know in all reality I thought that this event had only happened to me. My event was much different though but it included the skeleton. I was about 6 years old and school had let out for summer and I remember the moon being full and I was always a nocturnal individual and that night I decided to sit on my kitchen floor and look out my sliding glass window at the moon. I was looking at the moon for quite some time when I saw something walking from the left side of my porch and for some reason I looked to my driveway thinking maybe one of my siblings was dropped off by my aunt for being bad but this wasn't the case and there were no other cars that were out of place so this intrigued me and all of a sudden on the steps of my porch I hurd it walking up the steps and I just sat there wondering who one earth would be walking on my back porch this late at night and it was around 3 in the morning because the dragon ball z marathon had ended and all of a sudden I saw the cloaked individual on my back porch and at this age I was the child that was fearless and I thought to myself great some nut job is on my back porch in their halloween costume and that was until it slowly turned and faced me and for a moment I still didn't belief it was real until I walked closer to the window and look under it's jaw and it just stood there for a while looking at me and I just stood there like what is this and all of a sudden its hand raised and it asked me to open the door and come with it because it said I was one of its kind but it didn't use verbal words I just knew, but I didn't want to go with it so I walked to the front door locked it and turned the light on and sat on the top bunk of my bunk bed (I was the only child home at the time) and all of a sudden there was a tap on my window. This tap to this day is still there my whole family has no ideal what causes it and it starts up around 12 and goes on. My family has all witnesses the tapping and has gone outside and looked but nothing is there tapping on the window. This all settled down until my senior year of highschool but this time it started with dreams I would have, they would all come true it was very odd, in one dream my highschool would have a lock down and these only took place in the morning so I decided to skip first period because of this and they still had it but only they had it during fourth and all of my friends had asked me why I wasn't there an I told them because I had a dream we had a lock down and I probably saved them from expulsion my other dreams were just the every day experiences that I would know of and slightly change until later on in the week when my final dream included the skeleton in the cloak, he wanted me to meet him in my front year to teach me magic of all things, and well everything else in all of my dreams had come true so I figured that this would as well so I gathered up some of my friends to witness this moment and it happened we saw the figure walk out of the woods but the situation had changed because I had brought my friends along and we all sat in silence for some time until it was about 50 feet from the car and I said do you and they all yelled yes locked the doors turned their high beams on it and it became translucent and just starred into the vehicle and my friends drove off, I tried to go back but they would not let me and that was the last encounter I've had with it sense, but there are other hooded figures me and my friends have encountered but they were human and very oddly still in my yard and woods but that's a different story.
It's 2am so I don't really know how this sounds and don't feel like looking it over.
bulldogs1000 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-18)
I had a extremely similar event where this happened as well. But the skeleton that I saw, didn't have anything it was just a plain skeleton. But I wasn't the only one that saw this my cousin saw it as well.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
I believe I will freak out if I see a skeleton in front of me but I had been told that my uncle one, one night that he work shielf yard at night to clean the parking etc from the alley he found a female skeleton it look like she been murder and never been found. But I will write that story one day when it's open. After the 4th of july.
ProtomanMt (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-04)
Okay, I have also seen a skeleton apparition/ ghost or whatever when I was around 5-6 years old. It didn't have a red cape and it was around 4 feet tall or possibly close to 4. What happened was exactly similar to your story in where I woke up in the middle of the night around 3 A.M or so and it just appeared along my bed side. At the time I had a bunk bed where I slept on the bottom and my brother on the top. The skeleton who was looking at me resembled your typical skeleton (with the exception of his height) and strangely had a sharp object that resembled a sword. During our encounter, I noticed that he was scraping his sword along the bottom part of my bunk bed. Like literally 30 seconds after our encounter, he said, "Give me your liver!". I started screaming and yelling (like all children would be) and ran to my parent's room, jumping over the skeleton pretty much but along the side of him.

Just like you guys or whatever, my parent's still believe I was dreaming, even until this day. Forgot to mention that he came along my bed side more than once around that age, but the encounters stopped after like the next several times that I saw it, but the encounters were random and sporadic, not like within the same exact week or month.

What I'm trying to say is that I believe you guys and that is the #1 reason I pretty much signed up for this site. I'm currently 17 years old and I was always curious about this whole skeleton fiasco. At least there are other people out there who had a similar experience and I can finally (hopefully) say that I wasn't hallucinating it, seeing as there was more than one encounter with this skeleton and also that people have had a similar experience.

I apologize for writing to much and if misspelled anything to any of you serious readers out there.
miri_chan (6 stories) (69 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
I've seen a skeleton before too! It didn't have a cape tho but I was rly scared. Lol. I was only three or four. I'm still not sure what it was but that was my first paranormal encounter and nobody believed me (of course) and told me I was dreaming but I kno it was there.
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
one does not hear many stories of Skeletal Apparitions, this is true,
given that most spirits come from Human origins, like souls that have not crossed over, it would be hard to communicate to the living by appearing as a skeleton, however if the intent is to scare the begeebers out of people then it would be a suitable image, I think you saw was a shadow spirit/lower entity/elemental etc, choosing the scariest image it could get from your imagination.

Either that or you ate some bad Crisps that afternoon while playing dungeons and dragons... (heheh just kidding)
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
coco31,
okay, this clears up the question about the skeleton apparition. If you had a room near the attic, how did you have a room by the furnace? I am confused. Did you change rooms?

Sounds like maybe poltergeist activity...maybe?

If I had been awoken to se a skeleton staring at me, believe me, I am with you, I would have made a warm wet spot on the mattress. Maybe that would have woke your sister up?

God Bless!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-31)
This story gives new meaning to the phrase "skeletons in the closet", coco31.
So, what you saw was a skeleton, no eyes, no skin, no other physical things that make up a body, wearing a long black cape with a red lining to it, right? Boy, I think I WOULD have peed my pants.
Is it possible that there was some sort of clothing draped over a chair, or a coat rack, that could have possible taken on that form as you had been rudely awaken by the motion of the attic hatch opening? What actually woke you? Was there an accompanying sound, or did you just wake at the "wrong time"?
Thank you.
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Flutter, he/she did say he/she checked to make sure he/she wasn't dreaming. So I think we should take his/her word for it.

A better question might be - is it possible you mistook an inanimate object in the dark for a skeleton? Clothes hung up in the shape of a person, for example.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-30)
Since you were sleeping when this happen. Maybe you actually dreamed it happen, so when you woke up you thought you seen it, when it was only in your dream. Could this be possible? Was the skelton bones red, or just what was red?
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Keekee, is it not more likely that these 'ghost' spiders and squirrels in your attic were real spiders and squirrels?
keekee404 (1 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Wow that's scary! I would have died. In my old house our attic door was in my older sister's room, and we would see "ghost" spiders and squirrels. Strange eh?

Also what did you exactly mean by "the inside was blood red"?

Just by curiosity, how tall do you say it was?
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-03-29)
Wow, you don't hear about many 'skeleton' apparitions.

When you say "the inside was blood red" do you mean the inside of the cape was red, or the insides of the skeleton were red?

Was the skeleton wearing any other clothes or just the cape. If just the cape, could you see right through all its bones?

Was it moving at all, or just standing there?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: