You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Popular Classmate's Spirit

Real Ghost Stories

The Popular Classmate's Spirit

 

In October of 2002, I moved into my very own townhouse. I was 19, and a single mother of a 1 year old. Well, when we first moved into the town home, my son was always afraid to sleep in his room as if he seen something. I decided to search through his room, cleaning out any junk from the boxes I had just moved-in. I came across a box with obituaries inside. These were obituaries of my father's mother, my cousin who was also on my father's side, and then a obituary of my classmate who had committed suicide by hanging herself. This box had been under my son's bed. I immediately removed it and put the obituaries in my room. My son is now 6 and since that move he hasn't been afraid to go into his room.

With that being said, let's move on to the weird encounters I, as well as my next door neighbor have had over the span of 5 years. First I'll begin with the classmate. Back in high school, there was a popular girl who everyone knew. She was in one of my classes and we may have said hi a few times.

Well 2 years later she supposedly went home, got a chair, and a rope and used it to hang herself. But rumors surfaced that she slipped and it was an accident. Soon after her funeral which I attended, my mom did a police report for a depressed Hispanic woman who you would never guess, was this girl's mother, because the girl was obviously mixed but she did not look Hispanic! Soon after, I started having dreams of my deceased classmate.

In every dream she's cold, her eyes glow, and she never moves. The girl's eyes are hazel and they were the most noticeable feature on her. Weird encounter: my ex who stayed with me off and on always claimed she seen a little girl. I never told her about my classmate until after. I believe the girl is her. She was only 15/16 5'2" 105lbs or less. My next door neighbor claims that while we stood outside she looked up at my bedroom window and saw a figure with its head hanging to the side as if the figure was hanging. Note: I never told her about my classmate dying until after.

Since then:

My neighbor and I stood at the bottom of my stairs. At the top is my bathroom as well as the bedrooms. Well we felt a strong cold breeze come from the top of the stairway. We looked at one another and froze. I said to her "Oh! That's just the air..." WRONG! 1 minute later the a/c came on. We immediately ran out of the house.

Another encounter: I called a friend up to come over. It was late and we were watching TV. She proceeded to use my phone but said that there was no dial tone, just dead air. (This was not a cell phone) I got on the phone in disbelief, like yeah right, I just called you to come over here so I know its working. I got on the phone and nothing! I tried everything. A few times I picked up the phone and it was just ringing for no reason. We immediately ran out of the house and got in her car and went to the gas station to use the payphone. I dialed my number, dead air. Dialed it again, no response.

So I waited a while and the phone was busy. I called my mom who is religious as well as what people call clairvoyant. I told her something was wrong with my phone and told her to meet me back at my house. I arrived home and tried to use the phone again, nothing.

My Mother arrived a few minutes later. I was panicking and angry. I handed my mom the phone and said "See Mom, this stupid phone isn't working!" She took it and pressed talk. She replies "What are you talking about? It's working just fine, see!" And it was dial tone and all. Ok so my friend and I calmed down. As soon as she left, we got back on the phone and dead air once again...

Other hauntings by sparkle25

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sparkle25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AussieRedDog (25 stories) (82 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
strange story. I agree with WhiteBuffalo that isn't really a ghost story. I've read and researched stories (since I'm TRYING to make a short film on ghosts and researching the topic for a doco I'm THINKING of 😊) and find stories like this one but this is quite interesting. Maybe it is a teenage spirit that is restless and bored with the so called afterlife so it's playing pranks! 😆
ghostboy001 (4 stories) (137 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-03)
tenage entity. Playing tricks. Angry for no reason. Yup it all adds up. Nothin to worry about.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-29)
Well thank you Annie 😳.I just try to be myself. I don't fight but there are people who should be reminded of fair play. Vampira I am not figfhting here. I am writing what I feel like. If I want to be mean I can be mean, if I want to be nice I can be nice. This does not depend on me however it depends on you. So if somone is being childish, rude I get a little mad. That is when I write what I feel about that person. Is that a bad thing? You decide. Because I believe it is a good thing to be yourself. I hope to here from you soon and take care
Annie (202 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
ChrisB, You are truly a kind and kindred spirit. We are all so truly blessed to have you on this web site. YOU... Take care. ❤
vampira (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-25)
why do people always figh on the internet there is no point. I mean really!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
Hey Iwerewolf. You shouldnt be so mean. If we decided to laugh at you how would you feel DOG?
sparkle25 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-16)
😠 Iwere wolf, no, there was no window left open wise one! It was the middle of summer, which means it was 100-115 degrees. There is no way I would open any window with that kind of heat.

To everyone else, thank you for your comments. As far as the smudge, I've always had one. The connection between the girl and myself, we did speak but nothing on a best friends level. The one thing we did have in common was the fact that both of us belonged to our high school dance team. Well everyone, since I have told most of these stories nothing unexplainable has happened but I would like to share my other stories so look out for them soon!
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-13)
This is not the ghost story of the popular girl at school. This young lady has already been taken Home, and has been there since the moment her spirit left her body. I DO, however feel that you felt a connection to the girl as you knew her, (or rather you knew OF her) and your Mom did a police report concerning her Mother.
The box that had the obituaries in it was a mere coincidence. I feel that there was a separate reason for your son to feel uncomfortable in the room. Perhaps simply as it was a new home, and new sounds, completely different atmosphere.
The phone incident happens around here about once every two months. I have no clue why, but the interruption is intermittent, and at points during the day the phone is usable, and at others there simply is no dial tone.
If you truly feel that there is something in that home I would do some research on the happenings in the home. Skip asking your neighbor, she already has preconceived ideas. Ask a different neighbor who has no clue as to the things that you or the other neighbor have experienced. Look things up at the clerks office in your local courthouse.
Thank you.
poltergeist567 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
She's probabily being haunted and they never talked is because maybe this girl wanted her attention. She wanted her friendship, or maybe didn't like anything of the person who wrote this story. Really good story. I hope everything gets better for you.
Pixiemel (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-11)
"dead" air... Love the pun, intented or not! Nice story! Thank you for sharing!
rezeoth (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-10)
wow that is a freaky story but the one thing that eludes me is that if you guys almost never talk why is she haunting you? 😕
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-09)
Hi Sparkle. I found your story tto be very exciting Well at least it was for me but for you I believe it was scary. I do find it od that the spirit of your classmate comes to you. She didn't die in that house nor did she ever be there. I think this is a hard one to bite. It might be that the spirit wants something. If you want the spirit to leave try praying. A blessing wouldn't hurt but that depends on your beliefs. But a smudge can help. There are instructions on how to do one. I hope I have been of some advice. Thank you for sharring your story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: