You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Tours & Haunted Hotels :: Shadow People on the Queen Mary

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow People on the Queen Mary

 

In March my husband and I went to the Queen Mary as the first stint of our honeymoon. I am very eager to learn about ghosts and see evidence for myself, however I am also one to speculate if what I am seeing is supernatural or just a reaction from something else. I am not the type to just believe everything is supernatural. With that being said I have had experiences on the Queen Mary that I couldn't explain other than to say there is something on that ship that isn't human any longer.

The one and only night we were on the ship we had booked a room. During the day we walked the ship and learned more of her history. We had a nice lunch and saw the ballroom and many areas that were just gorgeous. At night we decided to take the Haunted Tour. I was skeptical at first because it seemed most in our group were seeing anything and everything as supernatural so it made it hard to concentrate on sounds and things around us.

The first part of the tour I noticed nothing that was real remarkable and was feeling as though we wasted our money. We continue the tour and head to the boiler room. As our group walked in the tour guide (Erika Frost) a security guard and another guide that brought up the back of the pack all entered in this area. The security guard locked the gate behind us and we walked down several very dark corridors, very steep staircases and very tight quarters.

Getting our way down to the area where the POW's were contained when the ship was a military vessel. As the group gets settled down we were instructed to shut off our flashlights and let our senses settle into the area. We all sat patiently and quietly for roughly 2 minutes, when I heard what sounded like a woman's heeled shoe walking above us. At the same time I hear this walking, I hear a voice clearly saying "help us". It was methodical, yet growing closer. The walking sounded as though it was coming down the stairs until someone spoke and the walking stopped.

I continued to hear the "help us" until someone turned on their flashlight again. To say the least I had the chills but was so anxious to continue the tour. The rest of the tour I had no experiences until we came to the pool area. In there my husband was VERY uncomfortable, stating that someone or something was watching him and he didn't like it. All the dark corners and spaces seem to draw my eye. I took several photos in this room and caught several very large orbs.

But the best moment was when we walked in the changing rooms. In there each group of two got in a shower stall, turned off our flashlights, sat in pretty much perfect darkness until our eyes started to kind of focus. I could see clearly the outline of the people in the stall across from us.

However very quickly there were black figures walking right outside our stall. The black was so dense that the people I could once see were now GONE. The black mass or figure stopped outside our stall and I had this urge to touch it. I stuck my hand out and quickly pulled it back as it was SO cold. I touched my husbands arm and he said it was freezing. Right about that time Erika stated that something was going on outside our stall... Of course I definitely agreed with her. Upon leaving the pool area my husband said he felt instantly better as he was feeling very light headed and weak.

We slept that night on the Queen Mary with no further incidence, however I never felt "good" health wise while on the ship. My head was pounding and I just felt almost sad. Upon leaving the hotel I felt instantly better.

It was an incredible experience.

Other hauntings by Becky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Becky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-05)
Hello Becky,
Thank you for the comment. This story of yours actually brought back memories for me. At the end of my time in the service, I took my then three year old daughter to check out a decommissioned ship. She had never been on a ship before, and I took her on the Grand Tour. As we sat in the gathering room, we were talking about what she had seen, and I was trying to explain to her what some of those things were. The bells came on tolling the time, and I looked a my watch, from behind me I heard a gentleman say "things have not changed much, have they?" (or something to that effect) and I simply said "No, not in all the years that men have shared these quarters..." As I turned around to smile at the man who obviously was, at one point, in the military, and recognized my action as a post-military one, I noticed that we were alone.
My daughter looked at me, and asked what I was checking my watch for, and who I was talking to. She had not heard either the bells, nor the mans voice that I had. We left shortly after asking, and finding out that, the bells no longer COULD toll, as they had been disconnected decades before.
Again, thank you for your comment.
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-04)
Thank you Velvet Sparkle and Waterbuffalo for your comments. This experience truly made me want to see more and feel more of the supernatural.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-08)
I agree with both Tammy and FRAWIN on staying the night on the Queen Mary. But, like FRAWIN, I, too, would have to do it BY MYSELF, just to eliminate the chances of a purely human reason for things occurring. In a group setting, I would think it highly probable that the power of suggestion would come into play. With it just being myself, the only person to blame would BE myself.
However, I would also think that I could get a bit creeped out if I heard what strongly resembled a woman's heeled shoes walking on the deck above me, and I might need the added support of someones sleeve to pull on. 😊Or hide behind.
Thank you for sharing this experience with us.
sparkle25 (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-07)
😨 Reading this story makes me want to visit the Queen Mary even more! I'm always in Long Beach, CA so thanks for writing this! Oh, and I tell you one thing, I REFUSE to stay on the ship overnight. I, being what people refer to as clairvoyant already feel something I dare not mess with.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hello everyone,
I myself went on a tour on the Queen Mary with Erica Frost myself. It was really exciting, but once I got settled witht the group, I was really HOT (I am the type of person that is always freezing). Then during the first part of the tour; where I think Poor Henry got crushed, I was feeling really light headed and Hot. I was a bit paranoid but didn't want to let it get to me and embarass myself in front of the group. I was almost going to ask the security to take me back up. Lol I feel better now that you mentioned that your husband was light headed in the pool area. I like Becky remember hearing footsteps but people kept making noise it was hard to tell if it was something out of the ordinary. Becky thanks for sharing your story.
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Hello everyone,
I myself went on a tour on the Queen Mary with Erica Frost myself. It was really exciting, but once I got there, I was really HOT (I am the type of person) that is always freezing. Then during the first part of the tour; where I think Poor Henry got crushed, I was feeling really lighte headed and Hot. I was a bit paranoid but didn't want to let it get to me. Becky thanks for sharing your story.
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Thank you ALL for all your comments and thoughts. I hear what you mean (rhodes68) about "guided" tours. At every turn there was at least ONE person who would see someone elses' flashlight flicker and cry "ghost" so to speak. So I really had to go in with an open mind. But there are also some experiences like the freezing cold hand that have no explanation other than to say something supernatural was with us that night. I will download the Orb photos and like I said I'm not a fan of orbs because 95% of the time it's dust or bugs, but based on the location and size of them I find it hard to believe this is anything "normal".

Again thank you all for your input, I am trying very hard to take vacations to haunted locations that I read about because I'm a see to believe it kind of girl.
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
I wrote "Queen Mary Paranormal Tour" last year and submitted it here. Please read it! I remember being in the shower stalls, but it was way too dark for me to see anything. All the excitement I experienced was in the first class pool, as well as my hotel room. I took several pictures that contained orbs, but it could have very well been just dust. It was an interesting weekend anyway, I got my money's worth!
poltergeist567 (5 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Well, there is something watching you at the pool. Its a little girl named Jackie, and I have heard. I heard a guy tell his story that if you ask Jackie to hold your hand, she will hold your hand and she will walk with you. I would love to go there, it would be so much fun.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Wow that ship has to be haunted. I heard about the ship but never knew the history about. I think I will go and read about it. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
Thank you dear Frawin for the support but, to be more exact, I was thinking more in terms of being brought to justice by the Queen Mary organisation or whatever it's called.

Can I still use your name if that happens? πŸ˜†
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-06)
The Queen Mary obviously has a lot of history... Your story is diffinitely a good one. I think that the pool area may have been the area with the most spiritual "traffic" which is why your husband may have felt light headed... The energy the spirits give off can be quite strong. Just from Experience lol
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
If people are seeing things it's one of two things. Imagination from the power of suggestion or possibly residual hauntings. Like a tape being played over and over again. A strong electromagnetic field can also make people dizzy and weak and paranoid. I'm not saying this is the case for you. These are just things I would consider when having a paranormal experience. I saw what I think was shadow people once and ghostly things were not even on my mind. In fact I thought it was real people until afterwards when lights should have revealed them and nothing was there. It's ok to be skeptic but until something out of the ordinary happens to someone most people are skeptic.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
FRAWIN, I don't think I've ever gave someone any grief for expressing their skepticism, as a matter of fact, I prefer to have balanced views in the comments rather just interpretation of everything as being exclusively supernatural. Having an open mind to the paranormal doesn't mean falling back to dark days of ignorance and superstition, reason and science are very important for ghost investigators. In fact, I think I've been historically harder on the religious fanatics.

That being said, I know you were half tongue in the cheek, but I just wanted to reiterate it. Skepticism is welcomed... As long as it is respectful, with no personal attacks. Some authors here pour their heart out and are vulnerable, so we should obviously all use a little tact.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
I agree with Tammy (rhodes68) on most of her comments, the only difference being is the only way I would spend the night on the Queen Mary would be by MYSELF - that way if something happened it would be much harder to explain away.
By the way Tammy, I'll take half the blame if you get in trouble for stating the obvious- that way you can point to me and say,"Mr. Martin FRAWIN said it too!"

Thank you Becky for sharing your story with us, it was very interesting and very well written. Take Care.

FRAWIN ❀ 😊 ❀
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
I have no doubt that the Queen Mary is considered by many, including myself, haunted. I also believe that no matter how much money one paid me, I WOULD NOT spend a single night there alone.

I have a problem, though and that concerns these "haunted tours" where everyone expects to see a ghost performing. What I mean is that, how is it possible that each and every time one visits a haunted spot, even when "the one" is a group of people, ghosts keep appearing each and every time?

I'm not saying, and please, do not misunderstand me that you're lying cause I'm not but, still it makes one wonder if it's just people's expectation to see something that makes shadows come to life or a well organised hoax by those who wish to sell tickets.

Oh, now I'm going to get in trouble for saying that...
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-05)
I too have visted the Queen Mary. While I do believe there are some individuals who have decided to remain there after death, I would still LOVE to see ou pictures that you had taken!

God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: