You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Face in the Window

Real Ghost Stories

Face in the Window

 

This is my first post and a very brief story of an occurrence that happened to me. I was about 14 years old and was leaving my house at approx 8am to go to school. My brother was at college and my sister at university. Both parents had gone to work (they worked together so left at the same time).

I walked out of my house and for some reason looked back and up at my parents window. Staring our of the window was my mums face but with a really mean horrible expression on it. I looked away after a few seconds and carried on walking.

It freaked me out at the time but not thought much of it since as it only happened that once. Also, noises could be heard in the house for no apparent reason - we would be downstairs watching tv and hear the sound of a vase or something similar crashing onto the floor in my bedroom (which was directly above the sitting room) but on going up there nothing had happened and the noise could not be explained.

Also our cat used to stare into space but I believe this is quite common with animals so again didn't think anything of this. Both my parents are very straight headed and do not believe in the paranormal. Thoughts would be welcome. I will post another story shortly.

Thanks

Other hauntings by fizzypulp

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, fizzypulp, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

mpgb216 (2 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-17)
In my opinion, the face that you saw in the window could have been the work of an ELEMENTAL.
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
well, it could be the spirit of a woman that perhaps didn't live a very happy life.

which might explain why you saw an angry woman in the window or the sound of something smashing on the floor above you.

It could be many different things
Velvet (2 stories) (72 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
I truly enjoyed this story and I am intrigued by what Kimsouth had to said. I agree with you on the doppleganger. I saw a face behind my Fathers face once, it was laughing at him, it appeared quickly behind. He was drunk and that thing was laughing at him. (That face looked like chucky) I swear. It was very scary for me as to I was 9ish or 10 years old at the time.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
I am not so sure that I would worry about possesion, however, you may want to look up and research doppleganger a bit.

Basically, a doppleganger takes the form of others in the house or others it has seen, it will mimic them in appearance.

I would suggest placeing a cross, at least one, in each of your rooms. Tell 'it' to leave if you feel it is a negative energy that is in and -or around your house, tell it to leave in thwe name of the Lord that it is not welcome there.

God Bless!
fizzypulp (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Hi Chris,
Unfortunately that's all there is to tell - it only happened the once.
It may not have been my mums face but it was similar to hers except for the expression - if it was something 'bad' then I guess they would take the appearance of someone close to me rather than a stranger.
Im just glad I haven't seen it again
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
Well this did sound disturbing but It was a little short. More detail would be needed to explain everything. Are you sure you saw youyr mothers face or was it somebody face that looked like your mother? I think there might be something there. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
ominousnyxx (10 stories) (136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-12)
scarYY! >.>
It taking on the form of your mother...
Beware - If you hear your mum called you, and you're not sure.

Like, your mum is in the kitchen and you hear it from the bedroom, I'd recommend calling out to your mum first to see where she is. Do not go looking, cause it might lead to possession.

i'm not sure, but either way, whatever room these ghostly happenings are occuring, maybe say a pray to release the soul?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: