You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Baca Family Experience

Real Ghost Stories

The Baca Family Experience

 

Hi, my name is Ruby, I am 25 years old and I live in Los Angeles, CA. To tell you the truth, I am completely fascinated with the idea of the afterlife, I've spent time searching on the net, and reading books, to find true stories, some of which I can correlate, and to learn more about the whole existence of the paranormal. I do not doubt at all that it is true, throughout the course of my life I've experienced some paranormal activity, although some were very ephemeral, but it was there, I guess it would be silly of me to say it was tangible, anyway I'd like to share my most incredible experience with you.

About 2 years ago I had taken over my step-mother's daytime job, the agreement was to watch over a sweet elderly woman, named Margie, for about 1 month, so I did, the job description was that I had to stay and live there throughout the course of my employment, so I agreed, besides, the Baca's were incredibly benign individuals.

At first it was great, I fell in love with Margie, she had a funny character, she also had senile dementia, but she was great none-the-less, every morning I'd wake her up and take her to the restroom, and on our way there she'd stop and say "look!" and she'd point straight ahead at what I saw was nothing, and I'd just smile and continue my task, that was about as weird as it got while with Margie, but late at night...

8pm was the end of my day with Margie, I'd retire to my room, which was the back room of the house, near Margie's room, a rather nice room but also the coldest room in the house. The first week was smooth, no signs of nothing, but by the second week I had experienced the unusual, I had brought my portable DVD player with me and one night I decided to watch my John Lennon documentary. I had fallen asleep watching it and I remember sneezing, about 4 seconds after that I heard a distinct "BLESS YOU", I got up so fast and frightened, I rewinded the DVD making sure that perhaps the documentary had somehow mentioned those words, but there was no "BLESS YOU" mentioned, I got up and opened my door to look out the hallway, but everyone was asleep and everything was quiet and dark, I was completely perplexed. The voice I heard was of a man, the next morning I ran the whole DVD again and no BLESS YOU'S, so I decided to leave it as that.

Another night I was in my room and I was about to start grooming my eyebrows but I was interrupted by a phone call, so I put my tweezers down on the bed, I later returned to find them gone, I started looking all over for them, under the bed, by the closet near-by, I even took every piece of bed garment off and shook it, I looked everywhere, 10 minutes later and a look of mass confusion on my face, I decided to go ask Paul (my boss) if he had borrowed them, he said no, so I went back to my room and I'll never forget the feeling I had in my heart, they where right in the middle of my scavenged bed, I was in shock not to mention slightly scared. I looked all around me and I remember my heart beating so profusely, I found it hard to sleep that night.

And finally on the last week of my stay I had awaken at 7am as usual, I began to make my bed, it was a queen size bed and it had 3 layers of sheet work, so I proceeded, when I came to the second layer I extended the sheet and laid it flat tucking in the right side. Now take in mind that this bed is a queen size so I have to walk over to tuck in the left, so as I finished tucking in my right side I walked over to do my left and to my surprise it was already neatly tucked in! I freaked out! Once again I stand alone looking all around me and I say "THANK YOU, CAN I HELP YOU WITH SOMETHING?", but the room echoed in silence. I couldn't hold it in any longer, I decided to confront my boss Mr Baca, which is Margie's oldest son. He confessed that prior to his purchasing the house, two lesbians owned it, and when he spoke with them, they warned him that the house holds spirits but they are benign spirits and that they like to play tricks on people. Paul bought it none the less, he lived in that house for like 20-30 years with his wife and 3 children.

Later down the years, his wife passed away sometime in '99, he believes that she roams the house, helping and cleaning as she always had, and the room that I had was their two older son's room, so she spends a lot of time in there. I felt at ease when he told me that, and pleased to have ever graced her presence.

I have always felt that I could deal with the dead, that I would try to help and understand them, this experience has proved to me that I do attract spirits and I am more than willing to help, I've had many more experiences but I will share those another time.

I hope you've enjoyed my story and if any of you experience similar activity, don't be frightened, I think your energy frightens them more than they already are, so try to hold this sense of comfort and don't be afraid to speak to them.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

CearaIvory (2 stories) (22 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
I lived with a woman who had senile dementia (undiagosed because she didn't think she was but she certainly showed the symptoms). She was convinced her family members (who mostly lived several hundred miles away) were coming up whenever she was gone or at night and taking keys, silverware, dishware, cutting her phone line. I didn't believe her, obviously. I thought it was far-fetched. Anyway, somehow her phone line DID get cut. I noticed things WERE vanishing and even took to hiding things so that only I knew where they were and I made it a habit to only put those items there and to keep any items I didn't keep there in my purse which I kept hidden in the closet out of sight. I don't know if any of this was paranormal but my logic told me that it wasn't her family members doing it and I don't think she had the mental capacity to do it herself and again somehow her phone line was cut, from the outside, with a tool so it's not like it snapped from age, that leaves different marks. I wonder if the paranormal like hanging around with the senile.
Flutterofwings (13 stories) (428 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-08)
Well written story, thanks so much for sharing it with us. I believe when we die, we never leave, where we were the most happy at. And every now and then our spirits of our loved ones, comes around to let you know they are still with us. Helping with the bed sheets like you stated, or with something else.
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
I, too, work with clients that have dementia and I tell you, some of the things that they point out are just... It just proves the point that when we think someone is "addle brained" it just may not be so. I loved your take on how to deal with entities. I always enjoy reading someone else's point of view. Thank you.
Cersed240 (2 stories) (26 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-24)
Very interesting account. It's nice to know some ghosts are helpful. I've got some stories of my own that I'll put up once the moderator catches up to all the stories put in.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
That was a terrific story 😁
I love your opinion on things to do with paranormal. Thank you so much for sharing your story with all of us!

God Bless!
gladys (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-10-17)
now i know reading this story i have a ghost in my house,many things disapear in my house then later we found it. one time my husband was eating mozarela sticks he had one more left the phone rang he went to answer came back for his last piece it was gone and many other strange events mostly to my husband and my husband is one not to beleive in ghost but is him they bother a lots. wierd but strange
carmelita (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-10-14)
i have experienced this paranormal since i was a little girl, and i still experience it today. i believe i have a spirit that follows me around. i still get a little afraid sometimes. some of my experiences have not been very pleasant. in fact just scared me terrible! thanks for sharing your story, its nice to know i'm not alone.
lucy (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-15)
great story..i loved it..n waitin for more to come
Robert (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-09-14)
This is one of the most "interesting" storie i've heard, the whole existing of paranormal.
It very strange when u have someone around u and u dont know it there, but u can feel the vibe of that one person. And when u were living there in that very room that the lady would clean cause it was were her kids were living in mmmmm?
Interesting the only room in that house, that was the coldest man that "creepy".
I want to know more about what u experince in the "BACA FAMILY" and what else u had experince in ur life? Did u have any bad or any good experince on paranormal, that u can tell I would like that THANK!
And u have a safe and nice day "RUBY" and keep on writing it good to let thing out that peoples would like to hear like ME!
Micah (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-13)
wow that was a great story, cant wait for more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: