You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Goodbye Grandpa

Real Ghost Stories

Goodbye Grandpa

 

I have had a few experiences with ghosts over the years. I figure I'll share one to start with, don't want to bog down the listings again (as I read they were when I joined).

My earliest experience came as a child, probably about 7. I was asleep in my room, when I suddenly woke up. I could feel someone in the room with me, I knew the feeling right away, it was my Great Grandfather, I don't really know how I knew, but I did.

This Great Grandfather lived 650 Kilometers away as the crow flies or about 1100 Kilometers by road (mountains in the way) and yet I could feel him there. I told my parents the next morning that "Great Grandpa was in my room last night" and they told me they had gotten a call from my Nana that her father (Great Grandpa) had passed away sometime in the night.

My parents never doubted what I had experienced and told me that Great Grandpa had just come to say goodbye before he left this world. I have never figured out why of anyone he came to say goodbye to me. He was always closer to my older sister than me.

Interestingly enough, my father would have a similar experience years later with his childhood friend and blood brother with whom he had sworn an oath that the first one to die would let the other one know that he was gone.

Other hauntings by dukemanistan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dukemanistan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ghostlover13 (19 stories) (191 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-22)
That is really nice that your great grandfather came to say goodbye.
😊

I am sorry about your loss.

Take Care! ❤
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Cool. I'm definitly going to read your next story. I'll even post it in my favs. ❤
dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Thanks for your comments everyone, and yes I will be writing about some of my other experiences.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Hey duke,

Just reading your story again. I think its a special one. Like before, Hope you get in touch with more experiences.
❤ 😁 😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
Loved ones always come to say there last goodbyes. I know for sure that your great grandfather wanted you to know that he will be bye you always. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-19)
That was a beautiful story duke! It comes to show once again that love transcends the physical realm;that it is the moving force behind all things.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
Great story. My Grandma never met me, but she made up for it in the after-life. She saved my life twice. Older spirits have good intentions. I hope you write more about your experiences. 😁
Oglegen (6 stories) (61 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-18)
great story dukemanistan! Would really like to hear the one about your dad and his blood brother. I think those kind of stories are great because there is great intention behind them and show that it's possible for one world to digress into another one.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: