You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: She Says What She Sees

Real Ghost Stories

She Says What She Sees

 

My friends -R- and -J- had a child a few years ago, a little boy named -b-. He was unhealthy from birth, slightly premature, and soon diagnosed with Jeune's Syndrome, a form of dwarfism which affects, among other things, the rib cage, causing the lungs to have insufficient room to grow. He died at 9 months. -R- who is a tremendous artist channeled his grief into a pair of amazing charcoal drawn portraits of -b- that hung on the walls of what had been his room after then.

Shortly after he passed away they had another child, a healthy daughter named -m-, who was moved into the same room -b- had occupied.

Step forward a few years, to a time when I used to stay overnight at their place and visit once a week. -J- liked to keep late hours as she was having trouble sleeping at night, and I myself naturally like late hours so we would often sit up and chat about various things. As a side note -J- is now my Holistic Health Practitioner and she was the one who first taught me about smudging, but that has little bearing on the current story.

-m- was learning to talk and was actually learning to put words to context in some cases. One of her early words was 'baby' and she knew what it meant, if she saw any kind of infant, be it human or animal she said baby. She didn't just spout words randomly once she knew what they meant.

That makes all the more unusual when -J- and I were sitting around one evening discussing something (it may have been the possibility of past lives but I'm not sure) when we both clearly heard -m- in her room say the word baby.

At first we thought she must have simply seen one of -R-'s drawings hanging on the wall in a beam of moonlight or car headlights, until we remembered that around the time she was born the pictures were moved into -R- and -J-'s room.

I sometimes wonder if he was stopping by to say hello or maybe if he's like a guardian spirit to her, if so does she see him and just not tell anyone?

Other hauntings by dukemanistan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dukemanistan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dukemanistan (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-17)
Thanks again for all your great comments, sorry I've been away a bit. I wanted to give a little background on this story.

-m- was about 2 at the time this happened. Now she is almost 7. I'm not sure what she was told about -b-, I might follow up with this the next time I'm talking to -R- and -J-
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
I must also agree with Becky. It is beautiful the love that can transcend death.

God Bless!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-11)
Hard to say what children see without them being old enough to express themselves. Could she have seen the spirit of her brother? Most definetly. I'm not sure how old this child is but I'm assuming its around age 2 because that is when they start talking and until then they have passive vocabulary. They understand what you are saying they just can't say the words in sentences yet. Did anyone question the little girl? Not that she could tell you but you may be surprised by what she can show you. I'm sure the parents have pictures of the child that passed and it would be interesting to see if she would have any reaction to seeing it. I'm sure as she grows older she will be told about her brother and she may remember seeing him when she was a toddler. My daughter has memories from when she was very little so it's not impossible. God love those parents. The death of a child can have terrible results to parents but these parents seemed to have channeled their grief in a good way and have healed because of it.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Hi, I'm sure that she sees him that is if it was him. She could have heard it from anything a then justed learn how to say it when she was trying to. But you never know. I still liked the story.
GIRLIE 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I believe that your right. I think he popped by to his siter and wanted to say hello. I'm sorry for your friends loss. Loosing a child is something everyone is affraid of. Thanks for shharing your story with us. Hope to hear from you soon and take care
carrycat (3 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
Great story, I would like to believe it was her brother-difficult to know for sure, has it only happened that once-it could have been one of her dolls she maybe saw in the corner of her room?
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-10)
I'm in agreement with Becky and since she put it so nicely, I'll say no more.

Thank you for sharing a beautiful and yet sad story with us.
motherofsix (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I am not sure if it was her brother she saw or not. But I believe he could be her angel watching over her.
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I agree with Becky. The child's mind is never fearful, until fearful thoughts are put into their mind from people or events in their environment. She doesn't know this thing to be a spirit, so she is just spouting the word of what she sees like most infants do. Although it could be just a random occurence, I don't think she'd ever be able to tell you she saw anything. Thank you for sharing, and I hope we hear more about this experience!

Trent
Becky (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
She very well could be seeing and not realizing that no one else is seeing him. At her young age she doesn't know a spirit and since he's pleasant to her she has no reason to alert anyone. He's probably wanting to know his sister. I think it's really cool.

Thank you for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: