You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Grandmothers Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Grandmothers Goodbye

 

Growing up I've had quite a few ghost experiences. I thought I'd share one more with everybody. My dad was driving me to my Auntie's place. I was going there to hang with my cousin, Codie. The town they lived in was the same town where his mom, my grandmother lived and died. So I thought of paying a visit to my grandmother's grave for the 1st time.

We got to my Auntie's place around 4pm. When I got there I got somewhat of a bad feeling. A feeling like someone was there. But I quickly dismissed the feeling, and played with my cousin, who by the way was only 4, but we got along great.

I asked Codie if he felt like something was watching us. His answer was "Yep! Grammy is watching us!" I know he was only 4, but I believed him. So the rest of the day I was thinking about "Grammy".

I stayed the night there and the next day I asked my dad to take me to Grandmother's grave. He did. He also brought Auntie and Codie. When we got to the grave Codie and I quickly ran over to Grandmothers grave. How we knew which her grave was? I didn't know.

My dad and Auntie stayed behind checking out some other graves. But then Codie shook my arm and pointed into the distance. I was looking at my dad but turned my head and there she was, my grandmother Sheela. I knew it was her from the pictures my dad showed me.

She was so beautiful. It stunned me. "Beautiful... Goodbye..." Is all she said. She had such a beautiful voice. Grandmother died before I was born, I think all she wanted to do was see me and say her last goodbye to me and Codie, since we were the only ones in the family never to see her.

I now know grandmother Sheela is watching over me. No one can replace her. She was a strong Christian, so I believe she is in heaven watching me. Making sure I'm alright.

~GOD BLESS~

Other hauntings by GhostGal

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GhostGal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
ChrisB,

It wasn't going to her grave. It was going to Auntie's place--the town. No. It wasn't her. I don't know who (or what) it was. But I got the feeling driving by the cemetary. But it was probably just some other ghost that was bad because he/she died. Dunno. But I know it wasn't HER.

~Gejro
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
It is always nice to see a family member come by once in a while to say hello. Your grandmother loves you very much. But I have a questio. When you came to your grandmothers grave you said that you had a bad feeling. Do you think it was her or somone else. Usually when a family member comes for a vist you get a good feeling. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
GhostGal (6 stories) (104 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I'm all so happy you think it's beautiful. I, too, think that I'm special to have my Grammy come back and say her one last goodbye to me and Codie. It's so sad because I have had a lot of family die without me ever knowing them, but she was the first to ever come back. ONly proves how much she loves me.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I find it absolutely amazing how those who love us find ways to let us know they are at peace after passing on.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

God Bless!
Esmeralda (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
aww that's really nice. I wish I could see mine again. My grandma died when I was about 5 or 6 years old.
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
that was so sweet. I wish my granny came back so I could see her just one more time. She also passed away when I was about 5-6yrs old. I miss her every day that goes by.
thanks for sharring

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: