You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Harding Street

Real Ghost Stories

Harding Street

 

When I was 16, I was in an accident where I was turning into my boyfriend's house and a lady ran out of the road and hit me while I was in his driveway. Her front bumper was hanging off her car and she totaled mine. After the state trooper came and listened to both of our statements, I ended up getting a ticket. The state trooper and her husband were in the same golf club together. Being upset, I told her that was ok because hers was coming. What I meant by that, I don't even know. In all of my anger, it just sounded good at the time.

Fast forward 6 years. My husband and I had just separated and I was living with a lady that I worked with. She had 3 children and she stayed at her boyfriends house most of the time. It worked out well for the both of us. The house that we lived in had been turned into 2 apartments. Both apartments were 2 stories. The downstairs of ours had a living room, kitchen, bedroom, and bathroom. The upstairs had 3 bedrooms and a bathroom. It was base board heat so we used kerosene heaters to heat the place, it was a lot cheaper.

One night in particular I was there by myself. I had never had any strange feelings about the place or felt eerie while staying by myself. I had closed the door to the kitchen and the door that led to the little hallway and had the heater going. I was lying on the sofa watching TV and decided that I was too tired to finish watching the show so I turned over facing the back of the couch. My eyes were still open when I noticed that the reflection of the flame on the back of the couch had dimmed. Almost like if you are at a campfire and someone walks in front of you how the flame will dim. I am laying on my right side and in my left ear I hear the words, "Yours is coming". Not once, but three times in a row: yours is coming, yours is coming, and yours is coming.

I immediately flipped over and no one was there. This freaked me out bad! I was in tears and called down to my mom and dads house. My dad answered the phone and asked me what was wrong. I explained to him what had just happened and he said, "You better start praying". I got off the phone with him and dropped straight down on my knees and prayed like I had never prayed before. After being down there for 15 minutes, I stood up with the most wonderful feeling of calm. I lay right down and went straight to sleep.

Nothing else ever happened for the rest of the time I lived there. The one thing that I still can't do to this day is sleep on a sofa without my back being against the back of it.

I was doing things and hanging around with people that weren't the best influence on me at the time. Could this have been my conscience trying to help me or could it have been something else?

Thanks for reading and as always your comments are welcome.

Other hauntings by bette31

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, bette31, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dd2collin (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-10)
Bette31
I think it was something evil that spoke these words to you, BUT the Lord wastes NOTHING, and I think he used this experience to draw you back to where you needed to be... ❤
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
lilblackpom-thanks for the comment. Like I said before, I forgot about saying that to the lady until the night it was repeated in my ear. That was one scary night for me!
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hello bette. I wouldn't feel guilty for saying this to the woman because when the accident happened, people say things they really don't mean. Take care of yourself and I hope to read more of your stories. ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-27)
You are not the cause of this woman's misfortune. Life is full of hardship and to ascribe this woman's to your "cursing" her is short-sighted.

Also, whenever a person hits another in an accident, it's usually the fault of the one getting hit. This might have had more to do with the ticket than golfing.

Not refuting your story, just trying to expunge whatever guilt you might have over this. Her misfortune is in no way linked to you.
darklink13 (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
freacky I don't know but I sounds like you better prey like you never did before I bet yours is coming meant your time for death is soon so be prpared for the worst and prey to live longer and if you bcome a ghost help other peple plz
😉
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-26)
Hi bette31. I don't think this was a spirit that came to you. I think it might have been your subconscious woking. I wouldn't think to much about it. But praying is a good thing. Thank god that nothing is spooking you now. Thanks for sharring this story with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Thanks for the comments. The woman that I said that to when I was 16 did have a lot happen to her a year or so after the accident. Her husband had a massive heart attack and died, she had to move out of her house because she couldn't afford the mortgage anymore, and she has battled with some health issues. I personally don't believe that I was the "cause" of all of this. If things are going to happen, they are going to happen. I had never thought about what I said to her until that night that it happened to me. When I heard the voice say that, in my mind, I remembered saying that to her and the anger that I was feeling at that moment. I will have to say that I started straightening my act up after that incident. Thanks again.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
Hi bette. Without knowing the whole story, we don't know what had happened during the six years, I would say that a curse was issued and revoked 6 years later. According to one's belief a curse or hex is as harmful to the one who gives it as it is to the one who receives it. I believe that you were given the opportunity to take back a "hex" that was accidentally given.
Thanks for sharing your story with us, I found it very thought inspiring.

FRAWIN 😊
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
I suppose our subconscious works in mysterious ways. We might believe that we have managed to overcome a certain event in our lives only to have it flashing back in our memory when we least expect it.

Then again, we don't really know what has bacome of that woman...

Was it her subconscious tuning in with yours? Was that her way of saying she was sorry or had something else happened to her and that echo from the past was her way of saying "you were very intuitive"?
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-25)
You know something very similar happened to me or in the same lines. I was in hIgh school and there was this teacher I had that I could not stand and I knew she felt the same way about me. One day I came in to class late and she was I guess in a bad mood. She started yelling at me and telling me that I wouldn't amount to anything in front of the whole class. I got so mad that I turned around and looked her straight into the eyes and told her " I hope you die" 2 weeks later she got very ill and was in hospitals they could not find what was wrong with her. She was never able to teach again. I kind of felt guilty that maybe the fact that I said it with all my heart "at the time" she had gotten sick or maybe it was just a coincidence but I will never know I never saw her again.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: