You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Basement Incident

Real Ghost Stories

The Basement Incident

 

The basement is split up into two large rooms, it's not that dark down there, but it's pretty cold. Dani and I were halfway across the first room, when from the corner of my eye I saw a bag, with something in it, land on the bottom step with a loud boom. We both screamed and Dani asked what was that. I said it was a bag, Missy must've thrown it down from the top step to freak us out, but when I checked the top stair she wasn't there.

We continued into the second room to get the games from the shelf (oh yea I was joking around because there was a white sheet hanging up). As we were getting the game we heard three loud stomps from up above. It startled us, but we figured it HAD to me Missy.

We ran out of the basement pretty fast, of course I was making sounds and still recording, but honestly we were both creeped out. Then we go to where Missy is on the computer and accuse/ask her about the bag throwing and stomping. She swore up and down, side to side that she didn't do it, plus she asked why she would do it in the first place, she'd have to walk. I was still recording at this time. The computer was in the room on the other side of the house, the basement wasn't under it. This was a legitimate reason.

I and Dani just looked at each other like what the hell, this is weird.

Back at home, a few weeks after I came home I decided to load the video onto my computer and that's when I heard something interesting. I had my headphones on and in the video as I was turning from the last step I heard a male voice say - Uhh Uhh.

I know what you are thinking that is stupid, it's not! I played it over and over again to make sure I wasn't just imagining the voice. I still heard it. I thought possibly it was a moan from the steps, but the steps only made cracking noises not moans. My voice is deep but not like that and I know I didn't say it for a fact! Right after you hear it, I talk.

Not to mention it was only us girls in the house not including the one male cat and the dog. Maybe it was one of those things you can only record on a video or recorder.

I know this might sound stupid, but I wouldn't have spent the time to type it if it didn't have an effect on me. I still wonder about it.

Please if anybody might have an explanation or similar experience please let me know, I'd like to hear it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, moonpie_peaches, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. I enjoyed reading it. I agree with Francois on this one. It kind of does sound like a residual haunting. Too bad you don't have any Evps or recordings. That woul be great. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-27)
I am always skeptical about poltergeist activity where teens are involved. Anyone who reads me knows this lol. It's called kenetic energy and it can produce all sorts of weird phenomenon but its a natural thing not supernatural. The voice on the other hand is not kenectic energy so you may have something living or visiting in that house. I would leave a recorder in that area overnight just to see if it happens again. Spirits can be attracted to the energy of children or teens so it's possible you do have a resident ghost. What if you do? Then what? Do you just stay freaked out or do you tell an adult, let them see/hear evidence and hopefully they will believe you and contact someone in that profession to handle it? There are adults going through strange phenomenon that don't know where to turn but thank God there are many investigators today so there is help out there. No one should have to live in fear in their own home.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-26)
Dear moonpie_peaches,

I guess you have a resident ghost. The ghost is possibly one of the former owners of your house. Have you done research on the history of the area? The occurrence was possibly just an intelligent haunting. However, if the activities escalate, now you're in trouble. But don't worry, harmless ghost I guess, although what the ghost did does indicate it is a powerful entity.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. God bless you and take care. If you need any further assistance, just contact me.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi Moonpie that not stupied and it might be the ex or former homeowner or whatever that cause like that and like the other say You can try talk to it and as a evpresearcher...
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Hi moonpie_peaches. Has your friend's, that live in that house ever experienced anything paranormal before or after this incident? I would also like to hear the EVP if you still have it.

SHELBY ❤ 😊
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Do you still have the clips that you recorder? I would love to see them and/or hear them.

God Bless!
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-25)
Don't mean to throw you out like this EVPResearcher, but why don't you try getting in touch with him and ask him if he would take a listen to it. He has posted some wonderful EVP's on this site and he is very knowledgable as to what he is doing.

Just a thought...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: