You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Did A Demon Kill My Grandma?

Real Ghost Stories

Did A Demon Kill My Grandma?

 

This is a true story and I think it was a demon, and it killed my grandma.

One day I was home alone. I live with my grandparents and my grandpa was taking my grandma to the doctor. I was on the computer and I heard someone open the door. It was locked but I thought it was just my aunt Sherry because she has a key. I then realized she was at work so it couldn't be her.

I went to the door to see who it was and I saw this black thing right in front of me. It was shaped like a person but it didn't have a face or anything. The thing was so tall it was up to the ceiling.

Ten days later I was home alone again and my grandma was still in the hospital. My aunt Nikki came with her kids and she drove us to the hospital. Then my uncle David took me into the little church the have in every hospital and he told me my grandma had died in her sleep.

I remembered the shadow person I saw.

I figured out it was a demon. I'm not sure but I think that thing was what killed my grandma. This all happened this June. If you could help me to figure this whole thing out I would really like it. My email address in under my profile.

Stay safe and God bless...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from West Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fallen__Angel, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
boheemoth - there are many, many different cultures, religions, etc presented on our site. We try to avoid telling someone what they should or should not do in case it differs from their beliefs. It's best to say something like, "In my religion (or whatever), we do not..."

In the United States, and I'm sure West Virginia which is where this story is said to take place, we do accept open food (family get-togethers LOL). And yes is just an answer to a question or affirmation of a comment. It's also the opposite of no 😊
boheemoth (1 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-01-14)
Never say yes. It's activating a spell. Never let anyone walk a circle around u. Never accept open food.
Darkraven (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-18)
Hi there, I know you posted this years ago but I had a very similar experience back in 2003 and I have often wondered if what happened in 2009 is related to what had happened in 2003.

I was home by myself one afternoon listening to music,that's when I heard something from the kitchen area and as I turned around I seen this black figure like what you had described, except it wasn't tall and definitely wasn't friendly.

I couldn't see a face but it did have eyes and they to were of course black but they were much darker than the rest of the figure. It seemed like it didn't actually know I was even there until it saw me, so it was as if I caught it off gaurd just as it did me. Before the above happens, it was running towards the back of the house from the kitchen area to where all the rooms were and that's when we both seen each other... It turned very quickly and attacked me, all it was able to do though was go directly through me with enough force to knock me off my feet but I wasn't hurt. As I turned around it was gone just as quickly as I seen it.

One other thing that happened months after this, is that I received a phone call from a number of 000-000-000 and when I answered the phone it was a males voice on the end that just kept asking " is this miss Green " is this miss Green "? And I said " yes who is this" and then he hung up. Now this may be unrelated but it scared the hell out of me, it didn't seem normal, I guess it's just something one has to experience for his/her self to understand.

That was in 2003, now on to 2009.

My mother passed away in that very house in the very back bedroom, I wasn't there staying with her since I lived with my Dad, I got a phone call late that night from my step dad saying my mom had passed away. Her cause of death is unknown... All we do know is that they "think" she passed away in her sleep.

At her funeral, my uncle took pictures of her in the casket and later had them developed and sent me some of them. In the pictures he took of her, you can see a large hand print on her neck... Non of us even see this and it sure wasn't noted or mentioned during the autopsy. For years now I have wondered if that black figure I seen all those years ago was still in that house and had something to do with my mother's death.

I have seen other "figures" before, and non of them dark except this one. Other ones I have seen before were always a goldish white color, never black and never tried harming me in any way. Those I truly believe are good, but any that are dark in color like black, are evil.

Others who have commented to you before say it was probably just a wraith or the angel of death... From my own experience, I have to say they are wrong. Whatever you seen was not good, and it was there for a reason and I also believe that those black figures will wait until they have the best opportunity to do what they intended and find ways of doing so that seem "normal" to most people.

I doubt I will get a reply back since you posted this many years ago but I just wanted you to know that you aren't the only one to experience this and that you should always keep you're mind open.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-05)
What happened to Slenderman? I ask one question and the sound echo's back at me... 😉

Respectfully,

Rook
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Don't worry Griff, a lot of folks have been caught this way. I have been on the site for a few years now, so was expecting this to happen, 😆, hoping it would. The first time I saw this happen, I was also like, HUH!
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Thanks Fergie, I'm very slow on the uptake this morning... Don't I feel the fool 😲
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Just realised the date... A pril fools day 😆 😆 😆 It makes funny reading.
Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
[at] Griff, Don't panic, it's April 1 - the site owner has a little fun each year. Tomorrow everything will go back to normal. 😉
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Hmmmm, either its national dressed up funny man day, or someone has h acke d the site?
Griff84 (5 stories) (289 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
Have I missed something? I have read 4 or 5 comments and either I have inadvertently taken acid or everyone is talking about clowns? What's going on? 😢
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-04-01)
WTH with all these demons turning into clowns? I know: April fools!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
Slenderman,

Ummmm question... The ANGEL of death is a DEMON? That's a first for me... Either he 'fell' with Lucifer or he did not. Or do you base your 'stance' on a belief system in which ALL spirits are considered demons?

Inquiring minds want to know.

(Figured I could ask seeing how old this experience is.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Slenderman (33 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-31)
First off, I would agree that it was "The Grim Reaper," "Angel Of Death," "Ferryman," or "Shepherd" leading the spirit to the afterlife.

Secondly, for all those who say it wasn't a "Demon," not all demons are malicious or attacking. "The Angel of Death" is in fact a demon, however; it doesn't attack, it leads souls to their perspective resting places.

Keep it real,

Slenderman.
panic666 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-21)
Okay so I am no expert but honestly this seems more of like a grim reaper thing, coming to take her to the after life. But it did not actually kill her itself. Honestly stuff like this has been reported many times. The creature means no harm, it just wants to guide her because it knew she was going to die ❤
CharyWithThePoltergeists (3 stories) (61 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-15)
I highly doubt that this was a demon. In fact I think it was probably an omen that your grandma was going to die because usually when people are going to die and you're a special case people see black figures like this. Thanks!

~×Charly×~
AddisonRoseMae57 (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
I think that the black form was just something letting you know that your grandma was going to die. I highly doubt that it killed your grandma. If you feel concerned, possibly get a priest to exorcise it.

~Addi ❤
Christine_Pandora (1 stories) (80 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-04-03)
Firstly and most importantly I am saddened to hear of your loss and the pain you and everyone have and could still be feeling, I hope time has healed you a bit 😊

Secondly just a few questions to help me get a better understanding of the situation but how did you find out it was a demon? Was it feeling/intuition, research or has another family member had the same experience?

(Personally I would like to think it may have been some spirit, angel of death or possibly your grandmother's spirit coming to let you know or something like that because it just feels right - but whose to say that is not what I just want to believe? It's your experience and we must trust your feelings because we were not there, you were).

Another thing is what happened after you saw it standing in front of you?
Did it just vanish or run and how did you feel while it was standing there?

Another thing I would like to know is what made you link the experience with your unfortunate loss of a loved one?
Intuition again or did something else happen?

I do not wish to bother you on your email as these comments are roughly 5 years old and you may not even have the same email address or even check this account anymore but I thought I would post this none-the-less.

All the best for your future
Christine_Pandora ❤
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-22)
No one killed yuor grandma! She died when she was supposed to-and that black mist you saw could have been her saying good bye...
Barbie1637 (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-23)
Fallen_Angel the black thing was an omen... My son seen one when he was younger and it scared him to death... A couple of days later my mom found out she was in the last stages of ovarian cancer and she was terminal... It was a very rare form of cancer that they could not even fight, though they tried. My mom passed away at 45 years old. Its been 10 years now my son is 22 years old and he still tells the story the exact same way and it still sends chills...
ghostboi (22 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-01)
i don't think it killed your grandma but I think it was there to warn you and maybe bring your grandma to heaven
I think if it killed your grandma it would come after your grandpa and I'm assuming that didn't happen
Plusnet (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-13)
I have to say, amongst with many others who commented, this is most likely NOT a demon. By the sounds of it, this shadow figure is most likely the spirit of your grandmother just before or after she died or a spirit here to take your grandmother up to heaven.
darkfoxHammerthall (13 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
What your describing is called a wraith. It isn't a demon at all. It is a messanger of death. They come to warn people that someone is going to die. No it didn't kill your grandmother only to warn you of her death. These beings have also been known to show in the form of a skeleton or in the shape of what the person will look like when they die.
Memoge (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-11-13)
I agree with GhostHousing. It's true. If it was a you know its would of attacked you.
Shinigami0 (2 stories) (203 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-09-02)
Hmm, ok, I'm going to have to clear some information on the subject of death gods, or "shinigami".
There is not just one shinigami, but multiple ones (kind of like the concept that there are a multitude of entities) and they try to aid spirits after death, to help them go where they need to. However, some spirits may choose to take their own course, or become enraged with their new state, thus creating a malevolent entity.

Just thought I'd clear up the misunderstanding about what a shinigami does. 😊
TheUnknown (1 stories) (192 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-04-25)
When does the Death God come and take someone away from their dying situation?

A person with logic about the supernatural world would think 'The Death God is better letting the person die than come to get that person to their resting place as many people die every second. You don't know where and how but they are always dying.'
Preeti (100 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-10-13)
That was death god dear... According to me... Dont worry keep HOLY CROSS AND HOLY WATER with you...

God bless ❤.
GhostHousing (7 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-08-27)
Mattrius, it is not racism... Demons wil normally appear in a black shadow or mass or shroud, whatever you want to call it. About the death, demons don't normally kill people. They torture people, or the people around you. The black shadow you saw may have been a reaper, come to bring your grandmother to heaven, as stated before. Plus, were it a demon, it would have most likely attacked you. (Sorry about the subject being jumpy, I keep thinking of new things to write)

My condolences,
Ghost Housing ❤
flamewithin (57 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-03-30)
my mom got a cist on her leg she was a diabetic and the cist became infected she didn't know this well 1 morning she got up and and the cist burst and it had a pungent odor to it she was running a fever to she called my aunt who came over noticed the smell as she walked in her trailor she called a ambulance when they got there the whole leg was begining to show signs of gan green and it was it took a good size portion of her leg. When they called me they said I needed to get to the hospital quick when I got there they said she might die, for 3 days she seemed delerious talikng to someone who wasn't there. But anyways she did make it thru, but when she came out of it she said there were little people there and 1 dark present in a dark cloak she said she knew who he was but he never came to her bed he stood at the door of her room. But she says now she knew he was death and he was waiting for the litle people to leave if they had left her he would have took her, sorry so long but I thought everyone would find it could have been death you saw that day because what you described is exsactly the same description my mom gave to us. Now the little people she described I'm not sure about 😕

This comment from Mattrius is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

trubeliv54 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-07)
Dear Fallen, the tall black thing you saw did it have an awful smell to it like rotten eggs or something much worse! Did it kind of float not walk? It sounds like you saw something not of this world. But, to think that it had something to do with your grandmother, probably not. If you are not bothered by it anymore. Than you will be okay. Your grandmother passed away in her sleep, that sounds pretty peaceful to me, so she is in a good place. God rest her soul, now you just relax and take care of yourself. Life is just to short to think about things of this nature.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: