You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Abigail: The Adventure Continues

Real Ghost Stories

Abigail: The Adventure Continues

 

After Miss Abigail's appearance and sudden disappearance in my living room, I did some serious contemplating. It wasn't that I didn't believe such things were possible, it just didn't fit my way of thinking. I always thought that such things were random, you see something, and then go for years before you see something else. Now I would have to reevaluate my whole perspective.

After much contemplation, I came to two conclusions. That what I had seen was real and not my imagination and that my cheese had not slid off my cracker. So I made up my mind to be more aware of the things that went on around me. I wasn't looking for something else to happen; I just wanted to be ready if and when it did.

I guess the next time she made her presence known was shortly after my knee surgery. I was keeping my knee wrapped in an Ace bandage during the day and removing it at night. I kept the bandage on an end table next to my recliner. One morning the wife and I were getting ready for a doctor's appointment and I sat down to wrap my knee, reached for the bandage and it wasn't there. We searched high and low and it couldn't be found, with me insisting that I left it on the table. We both went to the bedroom to look and when we came back in the living room- there it was on the table, right where I left it the night before.

Mrs. Frawin said that it was Abby playing a prank on me. At this time I wasn't totally accepting of her ability but went along with her. She talked to Abby as if she was her own child, explaining to her that her joke wasn't funny and the reason why I had to have the bandage. Needless to say it never went missing again.

I noticed that the more we talked about her, talked to her and called her by name, the more responsive she became. We treated her "like family" and didn't show any fear and she made her self at home. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she's here all the time. What I'm saying is when she does show up, she's no longer shy, she let's you know she's here.

I know, like any female, she doesn't like to be ignored. I remember one night I was writing an email to white buffalo, when I heard her walk up behind me. I ignored her. She then flipped up a tuft of hair on the back of my neck. I, with a smile on my face, ignored her. My desk is always cluttered with papers and she smacked a sheet of paper a good six inches in the air. I then acknowledged her. I told her she could either watch me type or go watch TV. She likes TV and the rest of the evening she was back and forth from the living room to the office, like a typical kid.

If you all want to hear more about Abby's antics let me know. If you don't then I'll tell you about the Old Woman and the Ancient One- two more that I share my home with from time to time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, FRAWIN, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

tempestmoong (3 stories) (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-05-03)
farwin I see that everyone else has been calling for more and I'd just like to put mine in MORE PLEASE PLEASE! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†
PhysicII (15 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-26)
If you ever see abby tell how much we all love her! ❀ ❀ 😊 please tell her!
_pretty_ (25 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
I know I'm like a year late with the comments but I'd like to hear more please she seems so cute. -abby-
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-18)
Hello courtneyOMGG. Thank you for your kind words and we do enjoy having her come around. We have a policy in our house that states all positive ghosts and spirits[ to us there is a difference in ghosts and spirits] are allowed to stay and visit as long as they wish but negative ones are showed the door in a hurry. There is much more to write about Abigail and the others, it's just getting the time to do it. I'm glad you enjoy my stories. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-16)
These stories, with Abigail in them, are really just beautiful. Its so nice of you & your wife to treat her just like family.
I'm sure she appreciates that.
Has anything else occurred with her?
FRAWIN (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-27)
Hello Leanne. Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate them. My next segment on Abby is long overdue, I guess I got sidetracked. I do plan on writing more about her, it's just making myself sit down and do it is the hard part.
Yes I truly love this site. It has many intelligent and insightful people that I have a high respect for and I feel that it is returned. I think you will fit right in, welcome aboard. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊 ❀
Leanne (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
Hello FARWIN,

Just read the stories of Abigail and they are so sweet to say the least. I would love to hear more about her.

She seems to really love being with you and your wife. I loved your description of how you ignored her and her antics to get your attention. Typical child behaviour and yes we females hate to be ignored. πŸ˜†

From reading through the comments you are sure well respected by other members. Also reading comments you left on other stories has given me that impression before I posted this comment. Whitebuffalo is another poster who seems to me to be a great person to trust for truthful answers to questions even though she throws no punches on her comments to users. I really respect that in the both of you. 😊

I believe in fate and that there are no accidents in this world when it comes to meeting new people. On the net or face to face. I came upon this site by accident and I am truly greatful for that.

Take care and God Bless ❀
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hello Frawin (again)! I would defintely like to hear more of your stories on Abby! I love reading them! But then again, it is how it is prosed in writing right? Your stories are written tremendously! Hope to hear more soon, take care of yourself, Jude 😊 ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
Hello walangk3. I am glad you liked the story. I am presently working on another story and Abby will be in it. It takes me a little while to tumble the facts and get everything straight- look for it I a week or so. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
walangk3 (2 stories) (17 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-22)
ooh! Tell me more bout abby! Very intresting! I would love to know more... 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Hello ladyanne. Consider the hugs given out, I'm quite sure that they both like hugs-I know that I do. I'm glad that you enjoyed my stories, I have two that should be coming up real soon and I have a "few" more in the works. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ladyannne (11 stories) (91 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-13)
Frawin, please 'give' Abigail and your Missus hugs for me. One for you, too!
May you have warm winds on all your journeys, including the ones in your 'recycling soon' home!
(more stories, pleeeease!)
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
Thank you for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed them, I should have a couple more stories coming up in a day or so. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
ra380224 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-12)
I just wanted to let you know that I read all of your stories and enjoyed them all! I look forward to reading more! Thank you.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-04)
Hi FRAWIN. Thank you. And to Whitebuffalo and Rhodes, thank you. I don't think I'm overly sensitive, but I was blind-sided by the initial little tag on the end of the original comment. I couldn't for the life of me see where it had come from and it just seemed so judgmental. I was more insulted by the comment where I was asked who was offended and how it was inappropriate. If I had made those comments I would have apologized directly and to every member of this site.You've all made me feel like less of a silly ninny. 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
Bellissma, I wrote my opinion that you asked for and posted it under 'The Beast on the Road' as I felt that, that was the proper place for it. We can use my page here for any further communication if you choose to.

FRAWIN 😊 ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-03)
Hello Hank.Yes, I'm back but for short periods at a time. I have to do what the Missus tells me or she'll super glue my mouse to the ceiling πŸ˜†. Thank you for your get well wishes. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Kecoughtan (1 stories) (211 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
It's good to hear that you are up and back in the saddle again or, at least, riding high in the computer chair, FRAWIN. Please mind Mrs. Frawin, rest, and mend properly.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
FRAWIN, I'm glad you took my comment to burningflame the way I intended. She doesn't know your reputation like we all do. We need skeptics around here, someone needs to ask the tough ones. I don't know where our resident skeptic, Ohiowatha, went to, I haven't seen him for awhile.FRAWIN, if you could help me, give me a reply in this section, I'd appreciate it. If you'd rather not I completely understand. Please read the comments on 'The Beast on the Road' and you'll see an exchange I had there. Start with the earliest comments. I was left with an incomplete, snubbed feeling from it. Maybe I'm not quite understanding things from the other perspective but from my point of view I was left feeling disrespected and unsatisfied. I know you pretty well, you know me and I trust you and I really don't know where else to get a decent opinion from. I am pretty sensitive so maybe I'm just reading too much or not enough into it. Let me know what you think of the whole thing and then I'll tell you what I was thinking. If you don't reply that's fine too. No sweat.I'll keep an eye for a couple of days. Thanks FRAWIN.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
FRAWIN,FRAWIN.You bad boy. Do you really expect me to believe you have the doc's permission to be gallivanting around after this short amount of time? Even if it is your own house? Shame on you. My hubby has a bad back (really bad) and I've been through enough surgeries to know (my own and his), they want you on your back and bored to tears for ages!Well, truthfully, I'm pulling your leg. Bully for you!I'm proud of you for doing what you feel comfortable with!You're not a wimp (not that I ever thought you were)!Mrs. FRAWIN is doing a great job, she knows you better than any of us! She won't let you over-do.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hello Bell. Well I stayed in bed for as long as I could. The doctor said I could sit up and move around some, he just didn't want me picking up something heavy, as if I could. The heaviest thing I pick up is a cup of coffee and just for the record, I have mrsfrawin's permission to get up<smile>.

I agree with everything you said to burning flame. I don't expect everybody to believe my stories, just as I don't believe every story that is published here. Everyone has the right to ask any question they wish, as long as it is in a respectful and non abusive way. Thank you for your kind words, my reputation on this site means a great deal to me.
Take care my friend and we are careful-on all levels.

FRAWIN 😊 ❀
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hello Katona1700s. Thank you for your comments I'm glad you liked the story and I will most certainly keep everyone updated. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-02)
Hello faerielike. Thank you for your comments and I'm glad you enjoyed the story. I will write more in the very near future. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hello Francois. Thank you for your kind words and I am happy you enjoy hearing about Abigail. I never really thought about it being odd but I guess in one way it is a bit out of the ordinary, paranormally speaking that is. It never crossed my mind to be scared.

Thank you and everyone else for your get well wishes, they are greatly appreciated. I am feeling much better, at least I can get up and move around-never was one to lay in bed- hurt or not.
Take Care and God Bless.

FRAWIN 😊
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Sorry FRAWIN- Hi mustang - Shelby- I asked in another post where you'd been, I'd missed you.Well, cryptically, I'd like to say that I know exactly what you're talking about.It's the same reason I had no comments for such a long time, I just couldn't bring myself to say anything at all. Sad state of affairs for a bit there.Anyway, nice to have you back.
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Well, I don't know where to start - burning_flame87, we surely do need people like you here. Otherwise we'd just be kissing each others butts. You have every right to ask any question you want to, and I hope you always do. I was a bit surprised at some of the reactions your comment received.Whew!We need things to be shaken up or we'd just be sheep. Stand by your own self, flame! You go! Now to give some reason to the come down on you... FRAWIN is quite respected on YGS.He's knowledgeable and understanding on these matters. And he tells a good story. He also wouldn't mind a skeptic questioning what his reasons are, he's got some good answers and some good reasons. Just ask, he'll tell. I enjoy the presence of someone of your nature here, keep bringin' it on!
Thank you FRAWIN for sharing another story with us.It's awful nice of Mrs. Frawin to step in on your behalf, unfortunately I see you didn't listen to her for very long. Shame on you, you should pay more attention to what she advises. I understand she's a smart woman. Take care of yourself - that goes to both of you on different levels!
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hello Shelby. I'm glad you enjoy reading about Abby and I will reveal more of her antics when I tell of the others. Because of my mishap at work, I'm a little behind and now I'm playing catch-up. Yes I much prefer to have her around than the ones that are angry or confused. I have been scared at times but not by anything evil- it was just I didn't understand. I'm sure that there are spirits watching over you, they just haven't made themselves known.
Take care my friend and may God Bless You.

FRAWIN 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hello wanderer. Thank you for your kind words and I'm glad you liked my story. I will write more of Abigail when I tell of the others. As far as there being a difference between a ghost and a spirit is a matter of opinion. I personally believe there is a difference but that's just my opinion-others may disagree. Take Care.

FRAWIN
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hello latingurl. There will be more about Abigail coming up shortly. I'm glad you liked my story and thank you for your interest. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-01)
Hello Jasmin. Thank you for your comments, I am gad you enjoyed reading my stories. You said, "I bet you feel honored to be of such importance to someone..." YES I AM. I am honored that a child spirit chooses to come to me and be friends. Furthermore I consider it a great honor to be a moderator and editor on this site. I hold my reputation on this site highly and wear it as a badge of honor. But the greatest honor that I have is the great friends that I have made here, their trust in me and mine in them.
Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: