You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Signs Of A Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Signs Of A Ghost

 

I thought that I should first let you know that I am very interested in the paranormal. I have always wanted to see and feel a ghost around me.

At my house I have had some really odd things going on and I want your opinions on if it's a ghost or not. I'll start off as to when I thought there might be a ghost in my house.

When I was around 5 I was on the computer and it was fairly warm in the room. Nothing felt too weird, but all of a sudden I felt cold air on my neck for no reason. My hair was covering my neck and I thought of how it really isn't that possible for only my neck to get cold.

When I was 7 I was in the family room I was watching television and I started whistling. Not long after, I started to hear someone whistling down in the basement because I could hear it through the vents. I kept whistling to see if it was just a one time thing, but for about three minutes it kept whistling with me. I got so freaked out I ran out of the room frantically.

As of this year I have had stranger occurrences.

I was walking down the hallway once and I can't remember if I had my iPod on or not but SOMETHING and I can almost remember it perfectly, said "hi" to me. I let it blow past though thinking it might just be my imagination.

Once I was walking in the basement, no one was home but in the far corner of the basement, someone sneezed. Can ghosts sneeze?

Even more recent, I had just bought a new iPod and I was playing with my photos I had put on it. I remember turning my iPod off to a certain photo and then when I came back it was on something completely different. I kept coming back to it and it was just not the same. I put up a sticky note saying "please don't touch iPod" and nothing has happened to it ever since.

I also remember that once when I was drawing in my room, I only caught it out of the corner of my eye, but something came flying at my head and then made a large thud on the ground. It freaked me out and I wouldn't go back in for another 20 minutes.

The last thing I can think of at the moment would be when it was night time. I was trying to get to sleep but had my eyes open because I couldn't. I noticed that a white shadow just swept through my room and then vanished. I thought that maybe it was the glare from my window of a truck or something going by but when I looked out the window I didn't see or hear and vehicle. Then again it could be explained by the moon shining on the tree and having some weird effect through the glass into my room. I did have curtains up though, so that would have been harder to prove.

I really don't know if these are any signs of a ghost but they are all true as to what I have experienced. I would love to hear your opinions on what you guys think it is and if by someway it is a ghost I would like some advice on how to contact it better. I really want to believe it is, but maybe it really is my imagination. I have never really felt cold presences and I really don't have that great physic abilities.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Maryland

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, givemeaname, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mandy_Candy_52 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2010-10-04)
hm I think its true except for the sneeze maybe you sneezed and dind't know it 😆but something flying at your head and hearing some talking to you and the Ipod thing I believe ans was the battery low when you came back to something completely different? Because ghost can drain batterys
givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
i like my nickname too. A lot of people do. I was suprised that no one took it.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Sorry for second-posting but I hope you understood I meant 'sneezing' and not sniffing 😆.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
OHHHHHHHH I forgot to mention one more thing. I basically Love your Nick name. I only heard one other good as thsi one. Good job. I just wonder how you guys come up with these name? Great 😁
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Well it is kind of hard to say what is in your house. Many things may be explained but I got the feeling that there might be a spirit there. I enjoyed reading your story. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-29)
Your description of the events sound very much like a 'resident' spirit. It would be useful to learn as much as possible about any previous owners of your house since this might explain many of the events around you.

"Sniffing"? Oh, everything is possible. That might have been an intentional act to draw your attention or even indication of an energy haunting.
givemeaname (1 stories) (34 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
actually my parents haven't noticed anything at all. I forgot to mention that once I was in bed and it was morning. My parents were in their bedroom and my brothers were down the hall. I heard footsteps walk toward my room and then stop right in front of it. I was too tired to look to see who it was but 5 seconds later it left. Then my brother came down the hall to check up on me and my dad had obviously heard the footsteps too and asked my brother if he had been down the hall earlier and he said "no"
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-28)
If there is an entity of some sort near or around you, it sounds as if it is not malicious in any way, just trying to get your attention.

Has any one else in your home spoke of or had any type of experiences?

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: