You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: An Eventful Night

Real Ghost Stories

An Eventful Night

 

It was 2:30 A.M, and I had just gotten a bloody nose. Unfortunately, it lasted for about thirty minutes, so I was pressing tissues on my nose canal until 3:00. I was a bit alarmed about the time, because I knew that it was the hour that ghosts were the most active, but I decided to not worry about it much, and tried to go to sleep afterwards.

As soon as I lay down, I heard footsteps coming into my room again. It was David; great. I just hoped he wouldn't do anything to distract me while I was sleeping, so I told him to please search for the light, and reminded him of the deadline he promised. Then, I started to snooze.

It was an awkward dream. I was floating around the staircase moving at an annoyingly slow pace. The good thing was; I was lucid. I've always wanted to try that. Next thing I knew, I was at the bottom of the stairs abruptly near my basement, and then one of my friends, and his friend, (yes, I know, this friend seems extremely relevant in a lot of my stories), peeped around the corner of the walls leading to the stairs. I'd normally see people I knew in my dreams, but my friends' face was not blurry as usual. It was the clearest ever. Then, my friend unexpectedly gave me a "bear" hug, and I could feel myself slipping away from the dream.

As I woke up, I could see random pictures on the wall that should have been in my dream. For example, I saw a copy machine sitting in my room, and loads of other pictures on the wall. During that time, I felt tingly all over and heard humming in my ears. That soon passed. I first thought it was sleep paralysis, but I was capable of moving. I shook it off, got a drink and tried to sleep again.

This time, I heard footsteps out in the hallway; it was like someone was patrolling that area, and once jingling keys. Also, I heard the footsteps occasionally bump into the swivel chair, (ha, ha). I wasn't really pestered, until I felt a cold finger start randomly poking my face. It felt sort of real, but not real... If you know what I mean. The footsteps were still out in the hall, but there was something else poking around at my face. I couldn't register it well. Were there two ghosts? Who was in the hall, and who was poking me? Flustered, I tried to doze again, and did.

It was a dreamless ten minutes of sleep really. I don't remember anything I had dreamed. Waking up though was far from pleasant. As soon as I realized I was "awake", sleep paralysis took over. I hadn't had it for so long, I had forgotten what it felt like. Every time I tried to relax, the pressure got a lot harder. My ribs obviously didn't feel that good. I know that sleep paralysis is when your brain disconnects with the body, but my rib bones really hurt. The only thing that made them feel better was when I tried to wiggle my finger and tighten up. After a couple of minutes, the pressure subsided, and one of my rib bones was a bit sore. Thankfully, it was an hour before I usually woke up, so I was able to start the day.

Update with David: So, of course I gave David a deadline about when to leave or go to Heaven. If there are truly two ghosts around me, I cannot be positive about if he did leave, unless I see one of the ghosts. To help him, I asked to send an angel down to guide him up, and I just really hope it worked.

Sometimes, I can still feel some presence around me, and it's the "poke" presence that lingers. Perhaps "Poke" is a new ghost and needs help too? "Poke" can also be David... Anything helps. What do you think? Thanks a ton for reading.

Other hauntings by Adventure_Ms_Aqua

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adventure_Ms_Aqua, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-05-21)
I get out of body experiences every once in awhile and they are not consciously done. For me it is like a very intense dream. It scares me because I usually will find myself going through my mattress towards the floor, or going through the floor towards the basement. I get the sensation that I'm really moving too. When I start to go through a solid object (s) that's when I wake up, because that is such an abnormal unusual feeling. This causes me to startle awake with a loud gasp and my heart is pounding from the fright.

When I lived in a haunted house I frequently had OBEs when I would try to sleep. The only difference is I would be looking around my room and I could see someone standing there watching me or trying to talk to me. Many times when this happened I would wake up and still see the person there and then they would fade away.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-23)
I understand that some of this to you sounds like a textbook, but the first time I read about this, I tried it a couple of times before, unsuccesful. Then, I decided I wasn't capable and passed the subject, concentrating on other things. It's not like I was intending to try it, or claim that this is an out of body experience. I just need to know if it was or not. I was actually looking up things on auras earlier that day, and was able to see mine on my hand... Just another tid-bit of info.
Thanks,
Adventure_Ms_Aqua
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Well, if you would like to try it out, it does not confine itself to NIGHT sleep. It is any time that your body is well rested, and that nothing "pressing" is on your mind. It also happens to be helpful to be uninterrupted. You could be napping in the middle of the day, OR you could not be asleep at all, merely resting.
TEST your ability. If a similar thing happens, I would think it to BE an experience. If it happens AGAIN text book quality, I think I would HAVE to say that you DREAMED about the way it is SUPPOSED to happen.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Wow this was a exciting story to read. I to was a little confused but I'm glad that you cleareds it up for me. I think this was a out of body experience. I never had it and I hope I dont. Very scary! I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
bette31: I happened to just wake up, because if something really bugs me when I'm asleep, (noises, feelings, etc.,) I wake up. My nose started to feel a bit too runny when I woke up. I don't know. My body always does things like that...

White buffalo: I've read that somewhere about out of body things. Probably from another story. I really didn't think I could do it, and I ignored the subject because I wanted to sleep at night, not visit other places. I didn't force anything. That's why I'm wondering now. I'm wondering if it was just a lucid dream or out of body experience.

Thanks for all your advise so far.
😊
DaveH300 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I kind of have that problem, heres and example

The dream was that I just won the usbc masters (most prestigious title in the sport of bowling.) and after I received my trophy I woke up really fast to my alarm clock and... I was in my bed and around me was the Bowling Arena I won in, in my dream... It faded and I was in my room.

I think it is just a mental image that is imprinted into your mind and when you awake really quick that is the first thing you see.
Priya (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Aqua,I am visiting this site for past 1 week only.Wow...just making me busy reading! Today, my entire evening went off reading your stuff.
Please don't allow David to be with you, he will become too comfortable with your company and soon may become possessive too! He may not permit you to go with some other men also! Better, soon say bye and ask him to find an other place or reach his destination...!All the best.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
I am just wondering why the bloody nose made you immediately think about "the witching hour" as it occurred at 2:30 and did not end until 3. I tell you, I have had a couple experiences of my own, but it takes a bit for me to come to that conclusion, even if something DOES wake me at that time of day.
What you have described, almost down to the last detail, suggests a text book example of an Out of body experience. There seems to be no variation from the "wikipedia" description of a few first hand accounts found throughout the Internet.
If that is the case, "Poke" is a Being from The Other Side who is helping you to return to your body.
But, honestly, it almost sounds a bit TOO test book.
Are you SURE this was not all simply a mind manufactured dream drawn from the learned experiences of your research?
Thank you.
bette31 (9 stories) (127 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I'm a little confused about the beginning of the story. Were you asleep and woke up with a bloody nose or did you get a nose bleed while awake?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: