You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Missing Soap

Real Ghost Stories

Missing Soap

 

This is my first story on this website so please take time to read it.

Back in the mid 60's my grandparents stayed in a house in Johannesburg, South Africa. My mom has 4 sisters and 3 brothers so in total there were 10 people in the house at the time.

Every night my Gran would put a new bar of soap in the bath room and every morning the soap would be gone. This went on for about 2 months, they were convinced that the children were playing a joke and hiding it away. After many hard talks and punishments the children swore it wasn't them hiding the soap away.

One day while my Grandfather was out getting some shopping done, he and the shop owner struck up a conversation and my Grandfather brought this up. The shop owner told my Grandfather to leave the light on at night and it would stop. He wouldn't tell my grandfather why but sure enough they tried it and the soap was still there the next day after a few days my Grandfather went back and asked the man why?

He then told my grandfather that about 15 years earlier on a chilly winter's day a woman was in the bath and she had her heater in there with her, she got out and stood on a broken piece of the cord and was electrocuted. Ever since then the soap has always just disappeared (never to be found) it wasn't long after that they moved out, my aunt (who was a young child at the time) now in her 40's still sleeps with the bathroom light on.

I have many, more stories I would love to share with everyone from my gran, me and close family members... So please leave a comment and I hope you enjoy them!

Other hauntings by Casper4

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Casper4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-21)
Hi Casper and welcome to this site. I realy enjoyed reading this story. It was very interesting and a bit creepy. I hope you share your other stories soon with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
First, welcome to a very good site, Casper! Your story was interesting and well worth the read. There are many good ideas as to why she would do this, but regardless of the true reason, I still found this a good read. I look forward to the other stories you have to offer us!
Casper4 (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi again... I make a mistake in my story and would just like to fix it... There were only 6 people in the house at the time not 10... Sorry...
Thanks
Casper 😳
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hey Casper its me again. Stranger Ave.? What a name for a street. And with putting a light on the soap stays, okay, that is a little bit strange. Talk with you soon. 😉
lilblackpom (13 stories) (218 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi Casper. Nice story. I kind of wonder why she takes the soap. Maybe to bug everyone but then as Emma said, there are 10 people living in the house which is a lot. Maybe someone could be joking around too? Just a thought. By the way, I like your name too! Hope to hear more stories from you. Thanks for sharing and take care of yourself. 😉
Casper4 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-20)
Hi everyone

Thank you so much for all your comments and for taking the time to read my story, I have a stack more to put up but I can only do one per day.
I will deffinatly be putting more on. I don't know why I chose the name Capser, it was the first thing that came to mind. LOL

To answer some of your questions, no one ever found the soap and the street name was Stranger Ave, Benoni, Johannesburg. Believe it that 1 bar of soap lasted a few days (if you left the light on) to this day no one knows why she did it... But I like all your idea's. There are a few more strange things that happened in that house but that's another story...

Thank you again
God Bless
Casper
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Wow I love Your story casper and I love your name too cause it my favorite show when I was watch casper the friendly ghost and of course I own that movie.

Wow the soap gone and that was first residenet that died in the bathroom by some heater cord or something and steal soap you will be my favorite story here now.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Thanks for a story with a bit of South African flavor, Casper. **Love the name, by the way**
My sister was a missionary out of Swaziland. So when I see Johannesburg, I tend to pay a bit more attention. 😊 Wonderful tale.
THIS is what legends are made of.
Thank you.
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
I wonder why she takes the soap? I could understand if she had slipped on a bar of soap but she was electrocuted. I also wonder what difference it would make if the light was on or off. If anyone can answer these questions, please do.
Thank you for sharing your story with us, it was interesting. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Did it ever occur to anyone that with ten people living in the house that there wouldn't be any soap left at the end of the day?
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Caspar--Like ElectricTNT, I wonder if the soap was ever found stashed somewhere? Can a ghost dematerialize objects?
It's my thought the dead woman was sending a kind of warning to people to PAY ATTENTION when they're washing themselves and not end up like her.
Welcome to the site with hope to hear your other stories.
girlie (15 stories) (426 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
HI, well I don't know way she would hide the soap because that is not what killed her. But anyway cool story.
GIRLIE 😁
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
A very cool story. Was any of the soap ever found? It sounds like a ghost that is bitter about what happened to her and wants to be a pain in the butt to everyone else.
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Well that is a very interesting story 😁 I guess that the woman wanted to take a bath again, any way I hope you do write more stories. It is fun when you get your first comment, so I ENJOYED THIS STORY. Hope to hear from you.

Katona1700s ❤
Priya (7 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-08-19)
Haha...Casper...the story is really good!
I am coming to this site just for past 2 days only... But too interesting. Try to write more...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: