This is my first story on this website so please take time to read it.
Back in the mid 60's my grandparents stayed in a house in Johannesburg, South Africa. My mom has 4 sisters and 3 brothers so in total there were 10 people in the house at the time.
Every night my Gran would put a new bar of soap in the bath room and every morning the soap would be gone. This went on for about 2 months, they were convinced that the children were playing a joke and hiding it away. After many hard talks and punishments the children swore it wasn't them hiding the soap away.
One day while my Grandfather was out getting some shopping done, he and the shop owner struck up a conversation and my Grandfather brought this up. The shop owner told my Grandfather to leave the light on at night and it would stop. He wouldn't tell my grandfather why but sure enough they tried it and the soap was still there the next day after a few days my Grandfather went back and asked the man why?
He then told my grandfather that about 15 years earlier on a chilly winter's day a woman was in the bath and she had her heater in there with her, she got out and stood on a broken piece of the cord and was electrocuted. Ever since then the soap has always just disappeared (never to be found) it wasn't long after that they moved out, my aunt (who was a young child at the time) now in her 40's still sleeps with the bathroom light on.
I have many, more stories I would love to share with everyone from my gran, me and close family members... So please leave a comment and I hope you enjoy them!