You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Mysterious Black Figure

Real Ghost Stories

The Mysterious Black Figure

 

It was a hot, ninety-four degree day and I had to water the plants in the backyard. I dragged the hose over to the patch next to our neighbors' fence, and started spraying the plants. I adjusted the hose and accidentally, some water sprayed onto the fence. Just then, I saw a black figure move towards the left between the cracks of the fence. It looked like a dog, because the previous owners had one, so I knew what it looked like. The only problem was that the present owners didn't own one. I just ignored it because I guessed it was the grandpa living there.

Back inside, I took out a popsicle and started to just roam around in my own thoughts and rest for a bit. When I passed by the sliding door, I saw the black figure again on our neighbors' deck. I only saw this from the corner of my eye, and I knew it wasn't the grandpa I thought it was, because when I quickly looked back, it was gone. The figure was tall, and nothing over on their deck was even close to the figure's height. The figure showed that it wasn't a dog, it was a human figure, but I couldn't see anything else, except for its blackness.

A few years back, I remember reaching over for the soap in the bathroom at night. I woke up, with my hands feeling clammy. Just as I was reaching over to the other sink where the soap was, I looked at the mirror, and next to me, I saw a hooded figure, about a foot taller than I was. I couldn't see the face. It was just like an empty hole of blackness going forever. It didn't scare me too much, because I was younger and thought it was one of those "dementors" from the book series "Harry Potter", and I could use "magic" to ward it off. I'm wondering now, if it's the same figure that was in my neighbors' backyard.

Is this presense evil? (Although I don't get the evil feelings off of it.) Do you know if the presense is the same, and is it targeting me? (If it is, why?)

Thank you!

Other hauntings by Adventure_Ms_Aqua

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Adventure_Ms_Aqua, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-23)
Hi the blackfigure I seen one since I was 18 or 19 when I live my own trailer at night try to get some sleep like you say hooded figure cloak stuff that what I had along time ago in 1992 and yeah I am kind was scare I have cover me myself up and peek a little never move same post by my window...
zatiekins (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-13)
well it got to be something relate to you or your house. I experience the same thing though. I sometimes saw a guy outside my house. I don't know if its my imagination or real, cause I never make an event that led to ghost or something to do with my house. 😕 so overall, I think its just my imagination. =)
Rebelboy1987 (9 stories) (186 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-09)
I don't believe the spirit is bad. I had a figure like that visit me as a child. The story is actually posted on this site. I see you posted another story. Can't wait to read it! Thanks for sharing

Trent
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
It's incredibly hard to find who I'm dealing with. I've gone through some of the cemetery and death records in my area, but the names do no good to me now. We have a pretty much quiet town...

Also, I found out that it would be safer if the ghost tried to contact with me first. I realized that just yesterday, the keyboard got cold while I was emailing my friend, and last night, I heard footsteps in my room. Also, while brushing, someone wrapped their arms around my shoulders. It might of not been the dark figure, but I can never be sure.

Also, I have various people with me... And of course God.

I just have to wait for the right time when the ghost is there and for it to communicate. Afterwards, I may be able to get the name, and history behind the ghost.

Thanks for your help, by the way!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Wow this was a very scary story. I realy liked reading it. Thanks for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-01)
Although attempting communication is not always advisable, I'd say you've got yourself a "stalker" and it's only time before it attempts to manifest again.

I'd first try to learn anything I can about accidents,deaths,etc that might lead me to know a little bit about the id of whatever is haunting me. Then, before attempting to send out an invitation, I'd try to visualise and "create" a protection circle around me so that nothing can harm me as long as I stay within it. You can find numerous information about how to create one employing different techniques. Mind you that whatever you say or do you need to do it with the conviction that it is a protection circle you're creating-nothing works unless you trully believe in it.

Be respectful when addressing what you don't see. Make sure to tell it that you mean no disrespect or to disturb it. That you only wish to assist it if assistance is needed. Ask it to reveal to you the cause of its frustration-predicament. At all times stay alert as you DON'T know who or what it is you're dealing with.

If communication is made, then proceed as you see fit but after you've done your share you need to make it clear to whoever's listening that they need to cross (if it's a deseased person) and that they cannot be self-invited into your household or its surroundings. If you need to help someone cross, keep in mind that the reason they're trapped in the world of the living is because they have "unfinished business" thus, some catharsis (purification or cleansing) needs to be achieved or because they are afraid about what lies beyond the light. For that you need to make the transition sound inviting, promising, comforting.

In short, before you do anything make sure you study as many articles as you can that deal with "communication with spirits"-there's info on our site as well on cleansing-and BE VERY CAREFUL. If you cannot do it alone, ask the assistance of an experienced individual.

Let me know
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
Ok, thank you! So, I have to help the spirit and somehow communicate with it...

How would I be able to communicate? There are times when I can hear ghosts, but not too often.

Again, thanks! 😁
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-30)
That may be the ONLY cause Aqua. Spirits crave for communication, to make their presense known, to ask for what they need. It doesn't matter if nobody else sees or feels them. If you can, they will know and when they know, they will come to you.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-29)
In my neighborhood, nobody has actually heard of anyone dying, which is strange. This area, though, is close to Riverdale Road. On the Shadowlands website, it claims that place is haunted, but I've gotten other claims that it's not, or it is from other websites.

I do have some psychic abilities though. That might be some of the cause...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Well, yeah, I suppose they can do anything-I mean they are entities maybe once human but not with a physical body anymore.

I don't know if it is the spirit of a deceased person, family member or what but it seems to be attached to the land and not your house. I say this because you see it drifting around.

Then again I have to wonder: is it doing that to attract your attention? It seems that wherever it appears it is still within your range.
Adventure_Ms_Aqua (10 stories) (71 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
It seemed like an unusually large dog, because the previous owners had a smaller dog, but I wasn't sure. The grandpa that lives there isn't really that short either.

The black movement behind the fence was round and it sort of looked like someone was hunched over, but I only caught a glimpse of it.

Changing forms? Can they do that? That would be interesting...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-28)
Hi Adventure_Ms_Aqua and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

You must have been a very brave kid to think that you could fight off Harry Potter's "dementors"- I would have been screaming for my mommy 😊.

I need to clarify something about the figure-don't take this the wrong way. You said when you first saw it that day through the cracks of the fence, you thought it looked like the size of a dog but when you describe it walking on your neighbors' deck, you comment about his unusual height despite the fact you initially concluded it might have been the grandfather of the family. I'm a bit confused. Did it have the same height while being behind the fence or was it changing forms?

Thank you

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: