You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Am I Possessed In My Sleep?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Possessed In My Sleep?

 

I need help and information about the following story. Please help. I am fourteen years of age and have been sleep walking many times. Once, I have walked out the front door.

I am interested in the ghost world and wish to know more. I have experienced dreams where I have seen my family die many times. I read ghost books everyday at school.

Two months ago, I was in bed asleep, and apparently I called my mum in while I was asleep. She came in and I said to my mum, "Ha ha, gotcha now!" in a husky scary voice. She went back to bed and told me the story in the morning. Just last night, I was asleep, talking again in the same manner. At about 4:30 in the morning, I made a growling sound like, "Rrrrrrrrr," and my mum felt her bed shaking. Is this a possession?

I have looked and looked for help and hopefully I have found a good site to get help from. I talk and wake up two times almost every night. My sleeping pattern has never been good. Two years ago, I saw a man in the kitchen about 12 o'clock at night, and my brother once saw a man standing at his door just staring at him. We could not see the features just the shape of him.

Is my sleep talking a possession?

Please tell about this.

Thanks, Alex Webb

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AlexanderLegendWebb, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nayo03 (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-11-16)
Hi, I know I'm years late. How are you doing now? I hope all is well! 😊
lexi-loo (1 stories) (175 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-17)
I don't think you sleepwalking is a sign of you being possessed, I have actually text a friend of mine while I was asleep and I'm 100% sure I'm not possessed I just think our minds work in mysterious ways and that our brains still work while we are sleeping BUT it can be very realistic as I have come to realise over the last few weeks experiencing sleep paralysis... I am 30 years old and only over the last couple of years had I started experiences sleep paralysis and never exeriencing it before I was quick to jump to paranormal reasons but as many people on this site will tell you, try ruling out all the normal first before you look to the paranormal 😊 hope I have helped a little and not just babbled on.
devilschild (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-08-23)
you could be possessed um or it could besomething is trying to communicate and get help and you're open to the spirit world and its like taking over thing when you're asleep. When were asleep is like couple of things that we open to the paranormal so you can be a door its a good gift when know haw to use it xxx
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-19)
dennismc,

I am very sure that more people will benefit from your wisdom if you just post what you know here, so that not only the O/P may read it and be helped, but others who have similar problems can find guidance from your knowledge.

So, what do you think? Possibly Help a single person via e-mail? Or possibly help many people by posting what you know here on YGS?

Respectfully,

Rook
ilove1D (2 stories) (4 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
all you need to do is go to a church or mosque or temple or whatever cause you were so possessed I know A LOT about these things:)
amevans12 (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Here are a few questions that need answering to better assess situation: how long have you been a somnambulist? When did the dreams about family dying begin? Are you the one killing your family in those dreams? Is your household one that is volatile/ what is your normal daily interactions with family, i.e. Do you get into fights with your family? When did your interest peak in supernatural- before or after sleep walking? Though it could be serious, a lot of research has been done regarding sleep walking, alteration of moods when brain is in certain state, etc. I've known several people to hold conversation while they seem to be asleep. Basically what I am getting at is do your research about possible scientific and neurological reasons and exhaust them. Once exhausted, then you may want to visit someone who can spiritually help guide you. The bed shaking is odd but not proof in and of itself. Also, post back and give updates. Best of luck!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
A wide range of responses here. One speaking highly of demons, another advises a movie to watch- and one post of mass possesion at a school. I thought I saw the word vampire in one post, but I could be wrong.
Anyway, it sounds like you may have an unhealthy obsession with all things that go bump in the night. Like others have pointed out, you may only need to stop poking around this subject on a daily basis for things to clear up.
Johnconstantine (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-04-18)
Hope this helps

Signs of Possesion

Mental Changes Affecting The Person
1 Look for changes in personality. This is usually seen when the person is affable and suddenly becomes extremely quiet.

2 Someone who is normally very active suddenly becomes isolative.

3 Look for changes in sleep patterns.

4 Look for sudden weight loss or gain.

5 Look for changes in attitude and behavior, usually becoming hostile.

6 Someone who begins cursing a lot when that is out of character for them.

7 Notice if they suddenly have an aversion to religious objects. They may be a person who normally goes to Church but suddenly despises the thought.

8 Look for evidence of self- mutilation.

9 Look for changes in the way the person dresses.

10 Observe their personal hygiene and look for changes.

11 Look for evidence of occult materials in the room.

12 Look for destructiveness on the part of a person, especially if that destruction is of religious objects.

13 They may become abusive and threatening for no reason.

14 They may become violent. They often attempt to hurt animals.

15 The person may experience severe nightmares or night terrors.

16 They may perform acts of humiliation, such as urinating on themselves, etc.

17 They may be sexually pre-occupied. Excessive masturbation or doing it in front of others.

18 Take note of what appears to be a different personality or multiple personalities.

19 Look for unusual changes in diet. Foods that were once favorites may now be repulsive to the person. They may eat foods that they once detested.

20 Take note if they seem to have blackouts in their memory.
johntherocker (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-01-16)
i have had many dealings in my life with things trying to mewith me in my sleep when I was younger I thought that I was just having crazy nightmares that's what my dad said it was. One morning I got up early about daylight had to pee real bad I had been awake for 30 minutes. When I came out my bedroom door I saw a small dark hooded ghostly figure looking right at me I stopped and watched him run and hide so I am sure now that they are real. They can paralyze you in your sleep and try to kill you so if they actually have you walking around then you are in danger I am not religous but I do know this if you should see one say the name jesus twice works for me saved my but several times
Blink (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-23)
Faith in God is the answer. This october 2011, many students were possessed in our school. The first one was very strong because the spirit was her friend. But the 2nd one was used to communicate to us. Please alaways remember to pray to God. It is the best of the best solutions. Prayer.
VAmplifier (9 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-07-07)
Maybe it's time...look...paranormal experiences have been popping out from around the world.Angels,apparitions,demons,exorcism,haunting.
Poltergeist,Incubus,Succubus,Possessions*shudder*they ARE all a sign. To make sure... Check this very comment box 2 days from now... 🤔
avishek (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-05-19)
all you need is faith in GOD and less interest in these ghost, because once they are after you they are really after you...
ever101 (4 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-10)
go to a church and see a priest get him to bless the house your room BUT DONT COMUNICATE with it using a oujia board because then your opening the door to it and it will never leave you alone
arielsky- (6 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-03-09)
If you take and interest in them, they'll take in interest in you.
SO true because a few years back when I lived in a little community that has seen nothing but darkness. "Jigtown" or "Gilbert Park Community" winnipeg. Its a bad place to grow up. Anyways my sister and I had saw/heard and felt a presence in the apartment I was living in. One incident was when I was about 12 years old. My friends and I tried talking to whatever was in my apartment with us. Nothing happened until one day I was chatting online with my mind focused on the internet. So, I had no reason to suspect anything. There was a broken self with my moms old school papers, and while I was chatting I heard them getting crumpled... Like someone trying to get your attention. I looked behind me and saw nothing and it did that about 3 times.
And after we tried talking to whatever it was. I've been getting crazy sleep paralysis and can't sleep in the dark... BUT. Oh thank God for the "but"
😜 haha. I started learning about God and praying to him and now my sleep paralysis is fading. I know longer see, hear or things anymore. But once in a blue moon I get it without it being so f*cking terrifying. Anyway, start finding your way to God bro. Hes the only one who could save y a ass! 😉
Amibear (3 stories) (62 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-02-27)
omg I didn't think people could be possessed in their sleep until I read this... Thanks by the way you might have just helped my sister. Check out my story... I should be posting it when the subbmissions are back online:) I now do think you can get possessed again thankyou xxxx
isis80 (3 stories) (51 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
OK I just read this and this site is really starting to scare me. As a matter of fact I had nightmares all last night and didn't sleep very well. Someone said that just your interest in this can invite demons into your life and I feel like by reading these stories I may invite something negative BACK into my life.

I really don't need it. I hope all is well with you little one!
Victoira (22 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-29)
If this 'thing' is really 'inside you' then set up video camra's just to be sure at first. Watch movies and reserch these activities. A very serious and eerie movie (I know You need to see it with an adult) about a family that had some ofthese issues is called Paranormal Entivity (not activity). Please see with an adult or a couple! Pray, ask churches for help, call the
Paranormal investigators before this situation gets you of hand! Whatever you do DO NOT PISS THIS THING OFF! If You have a dream of or if You get up and write the word MARON then there's really no hope at stopping this thing. It's all on the movie.
HamnaAnusha (1 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-26)
wow that is really scary and we have dreams like that too and we don't even know what they are trying to tell us 😕!
😨
americangirl101 (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-21)
I think there is something evil in your home as well but unfortunately I don't really know anything about ghosts so good lucK! But I agree with gary11872 that you should get a C.A.T Scan.
white_roses84 (3 stories) (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-11)
I think maybe there is a an evil spirit in your home and is warning you to leave. I think you should, or get a priest.
wolfsflower (2 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-04-14)
I don't what it is. I guess when you astral projected something just possesed you when you were traveling. Maybe it's your astral body playing with your physical body or its just something. Because, when your asleep, something shouldn't be able to posses you. 😨
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-01-30)
I agree with metal6, although he could have provided more information. Alexander, I am not sure about your question but please take my post to mind. I have said this many times before, "Demon" is the label given by The Church to Pagan Gods.

For example, "Beezlebub" is the demonized name of Baal, beloved Caanite god of storms. "Ipos" is Anubis, Azazel is a Summerian god and so on. The word Demon comes from "Daemon" which means spirit. The word had no negative connotations.

These Demons were worshiped and loved long before Christianity and other major faiths of the world. Thesitic Satanism (A label for the collective pagan faiths) and other pagan paths are on the rise.

To us Demons are friends, they don't just go around scareing or hurting people. If you want more information on this I suggest this link: www.joyofsatan.org or www.joyofsatan.com.

As to your story, I suggest you take Gary's advice. I hope all goes well.

-Ave Satannas, Blessed Be-
Axl (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-16)
the talking in your sleep could be caused by supressed memories or emotions but the figure I dunno.
christianboy01 (5 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
if what you tell me is true then you need to prey at your yung age I'm not shore if you can prey in tongues so if not just prey regularly and listen to god it does not matter what time probly with your mom god bless
metal6 (2 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2008-10-02)
no demons are good let them stay! Some times I see demons but that's because I server satan you never know it might be a good demon
cash98 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-11)
If your possessed then you need to find a priest and tell him that way he can get the demon out!
AlexanderLegendWebb (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-06)
Xanithar, how do you suggest I get myself and house blessed? And id like to here more about the your similar story =)
Xanithar (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-04)
Ignore the Sleep Walking theory. This is potentially serious.

This happened to me. Kind of laughable at first, but it got very serious to a full Possession. And we are not talking anything made up or induced from imagination.

Same things happened to me. Growling, Eyes open in my sleep. Talking different languages. Speaking in an eerie voice.

You need to get Blessed. You need to pray and you need to bless your house.

I think you should take me very seriously.

I was Possessed by a demon. My body contorted, my eyes were black, I attacked my spoud (actually the demon did by possession) Her Hardest Punch to my face did NOTHING. I had absolutely no bruises the next day.

The experience is just too detailed, but seriously you need to listen to what I said or you might find out the hard way that this is no sleep walking or laughing matter
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-03)
I have to agree with most of what my fellow posters have to say. I do believe you can go through some state of posession without your expressed consent. All of us open the doorways to the spiritual realm by delving into this sort of information. We become more open more suggestible to the unknown.

You are at an age in your life where so much information is coming at you in different directions. You should be able to have fun and enjoy these years instead of focusing on the creepy. That being said, spirits can influence your dreams and suggestions. Get some holy water and sprinkle it around your room, boundries to prohibit negative energies. The more you focus on the negative and scare yourself the more energy you give to it.

The older you get the stronger your will power is to push out bad thoughts, so being young means you are influential, less likley to not be scared.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Teens are known to have raging hormones which can lead to strange dreams. Your interest in the paranomal is fine unless you are becoming obsessive about it. While I don't believe in demons it's very possible you do have a spirit residing in your house. If I were you I would stop for now with the paranormal. This is a time in your life when you should be having fun and focusing on life not death. Change your attitude and you may be surprised how much your life will also change for the better. Sonambulism is usually a result of some kind of emotional trauma. Same with night terrors. Of course only you know the answer to this.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: