You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Haunted Calaveras Property

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted Calaveras Property

 

We live on 10 acres of land and on the back 5 acres of this land, during spring and summer women and children's voices are heard along with the sounds of a camp fire. A long time ago Chilean people camped in our area, especially our property. They came to find gold.

While the men were gold panning the women would tend the camp. Apparently while the men were gone the white people that didn't want them here slaughtered everyone. The men were then killed when they returned to camp.

We hear the people talking and laughing and the kids play with the clothes line I used to have, and they also play with my dog run. They like to make it move up and down. We can hear them walking and we hear the camp fire going. There are also shadow people that run along the trees and past the house. You can always tell when you're being watched.

Some of my youngest son's friends have seen men in some kind of old military uniform walking around back there, and they simply fade out.

The house has the spirits of my mother and father in law.

I hear metal objects drop and when I go to see what has fallen, there is never anything on the floor. The laundry room door will open and close on its own and my coffee maker will come on by it self from time to time.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, c_nicholson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Sounds more residual to me until it came to the dog run. I don't know if residual hauntings can move things. I think it would have to be an intelligent haunting to do that. Can you imagine the horror and chaos that happened to those poor souls? I'm glad you are hearing what it sounded like when they lived there in peace and not the sounds of the slaughter. When will man cease to kill what he doesn't understand? I don't think anything is there to harm you. Maybe just wants some attention.
Grox6 (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Very interesting. I like your story and I believe you. If you find out anything or something happens please tell us! ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-02)
Sounds as if you have a tremendous amount of land with a tremendous amount of history.

As far as you in laws adn the activities in the home, it may be interesting to do a seperate story with details. I would be delighted to hear it!

Thanks for sharing!
God Bless!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: