You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Froze To The Bone

Real Ghost Stories

Froze To The Bone

 

This is my second experience that happened to me while I was in Austin, Texas. I was about 9 or 10 years old, and I was staying at my grandparents' house. I had 2 brothers that were there with me. The youngest brother was out in the jacuzzi with my grandparents, which is located on the back porch. My middle brother was in the dining room playing cards.

Now a little picture of how the house was set up: I'm at the very last room at the end of the house-my grandparents' room is on the other side of the house. Right outside their bedroom you can see the jacuzzi, so I am a good distance away from everybody. In Texas you don't roam around in your bare feet at night without stumbling upon a snake or scorpion.

I was in my room and I had no TV, or radio to keep me company, so I was just singing to myself. All of the sudden from out of nowhere this loud banging noise was coming from the side and underneath the house. I froze to the bone, I couldn't move a muscle. The banging was so loud that I just plugged up my ears, and was rocking myself back and fourth. The banging was so loud, and forceful that the lamp shade on the wall was swinging.

Then my middle brother that was playing cards in the dining room busted through the door. As soon as he reached for the door knob the banging stopped almost immediately. I just looked up at him, and it was like a bomb went off underneath me.

I got out of that room, only touching the floor once. I ran to my grandparents, and both my brother and I tried to explain to them what had just happened. Of course they didn't believe me, and they teased me the rest of the summer.

But every time I was in the room alone, and everyone would be asleep I would hear it starting to pound louder and louder, until I cut on the light, then it would stop. Needless to say I slept in my brother's room the rest of the summer. My middle brother was the only one who believed me, and to this day he still remembers.

After all these years and now I'm 26, my grandmother admitted to all the paranormal activity that occurred in that room.

Other hauntings by Sandy

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sandy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kimberly (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
Whoa! My grandmother lived in San Marcos, but nothing weird ever happened there until after she died. I can relate, though. Good story!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: