You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: A Plastic Bag Filled With Cow Bones

Real Ghost Stories

A Plastic Bag Filled With Cow Bones

 

This was recent, just last week! I took my trusty sidekick "Faith"...on a walk around the heliport. I live around twelve minutes away, and it is a healthy three mile jaunt along a dirt trail. We were walking at a fast pace, and my dog was sniffing along the fence that borders the trail.

This next part is kind of disgusting, but it is true. We find dead pig carcasses in the brush, and I think with all the cook-outs taking place-Island wide, pig leftovers get tossed all over the Island. Not sure why they don't bury them. My dog and I, we find at least two a day.

It's not an odor you want to smell. I get really annoyed when a trade wind pushes that smell into my face. Even the dog wrinkles her nose. It's pretty potent.

On this specific day, I was happy as one can be. The day was a sunny eighty-four, and the humidity was low. My skin was warm to the touch, and my leg muscles felt strong and fluid. It was a good day, but this was about to change.

My dog was ahead of me, about ten steps away, when she jumped away from the large bush she was investigating. I figured it was probably a feral cat, they grow really big here, and "Faith" is barely an eleven pounder.

She ran to me like her backside was on fire, and I laughed at the look on her face. She turned around for me to pick her up, so I obliged, chuckling at her shivering little body.

" Nothing to be scared of silly dog, " I whispered into her ear. I could tell she was looking at me for answers, so I put her on the ground nearest the fence, and told her to "stay"...I didn't have to tell her twice. She hovered low to the ground, he eyes, staring intensely at the scary bush ahead.

I walked over, looking for signs of any movement. I didn't hear or see anything out of the ordinary. It was a bush, nothing more-nothing less. I was about to call the dog over, when I saw a big black bag.

It was another step or two, when I saw the first jawbone. I raised my eyebrows in surprise. Opening the bag a little wider (with my foot), I saw it was filled with other bones. It was then that I heard the cows. It was horrible. I could hear them being slaughtered. Having the ability of second sight, I see stories unfolding in my minds eye. I could live without being shown this one...

Images of cows being hammered in the head with metal bars filled my mind. I could hear the crushing blows on their throats, as they collapsed onto corral fencing. The sounds of their skulls caving in, was not a pretty sound. It was horrible. I guess I was being shown how this bag full of bones... Cow bones to be specific, had come to be here.

I hate seeing the scenes of death, but the next part, I do like. Ghostly apparitions were appearing before me. It was the slaughtered cows! They say that animals do not have souls, but they do have a type living energy that moves on after death. I could see them standing around, staying together in a large group.

The Ghostly Cows seemed to be waiting for something... Or someone. I could hear faint animal sounds coming from them. They seemed to be talking to one another, probably asking each other "What just happened?"...

It didn't take long before I saw the outlines of Human-Like entities, entering the space where I stood. I stepped away from the scene unfolding, and I watched as an ethereal being peered into the plastic bag in the bushes. He/She? I couldn't tell, but this was a beautiful being-Angel/Ghost...with Shepherd duties? And then more of them appeared... They seemed to be herding the cow apparitions into groups. The ethereal beings carried large "Staffs"...

I knew it! They were Ghostly Shepherds! I could see the landscape behind them, and through them. I stood still, and watched. It was fascinating, and this was a first for me. Talk about timing, to be there as they gathered the animals! I was in awe!

These Ghostly people/shepherds were dressed alike. They wore simple white shirts/tunics and pants. It looked like some sort of tie was around the waist, and it looked to be twine colored, but I wasn't sure if it was rope... Or a belt of sorts. Remember, ethereal beings show us what we will be most comfortable viewing. These "Shepherds" looked a lot like the Christmas picture postcards, and bible stories of my youth. This caused me to smile.

In return, I did receive a soft smile from one the Ghostly beings. It was very clear- they were here to gather up the ethereal cows...

I watched until they were out of sight, and had faded away. Then I walked over to the bag of bones.

I tied off the bag, and carried it with me. It was heavy and cumbersome, but I got it back to my truck. Ok, I know they were only cow bones, but it was something I had to do!

I took that bag of bones, and drove to a beautiful hillside. I dragged out my shovel, which I kept in the truck (In case I get stuck while off roading), and buried those bones (minus the bag) up there. I stood back, and looked over the valley below. I couldn't have a picked a prettier place to put those bones.

I looked down at my dog, and she seemed to approve. Her little face looked almost joyful. Ok, maybe I am just reading something into her expression, but I felt good. The cows?...I guess they were romping along some ethereal pasture.

You are wondering about the pig carcasses?...Yes, I now bury them where they lay. Blessings, Ghostseer...

Other hauntings by ghostseer

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Hawaii

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghostseer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

vanlewie232711 (1 stories) (42 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-28)
i lived in a texas town when I was 14 they did an investigation to a slaughter house that weird and horrible noises were coming from. Turns out the workers were tormenting and torturing the animals prior to killing them. After it was closed down and over 100 people put in jail and the place empty no lights or water in that place it was burned to the ground! Scary part fire marshall declared it elecrtical fire! I still wonder how that could be seeing there was ZERO power and the fence had 3-4 padlocks keeping dumb people out!
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
I sent an email to your site. Tell me if you don't get it and I'll resend it.
vulcan10 (5 stories) (332 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-10-22)
Can't really say this touched me, being the meat eater that I am, but it is interesting. That does sound like stinky work though.
ToraOkami303 (1 stories) (75 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-21)
hmmm...i distinctly remember reading in the bible that "Thy lord in Thy shepherd"...hmm I guess we have the same lord as cows...XD
Lovely retelling as always

~Tora~
Lex (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-21)
I can quite honestly say this story of all those I have thus read has really touched me. Thanks for sharing, I always knew my animals that passsed on would find peace but now you have made that clear, thank you.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Jasmine314: You may be a young person as you say, but you have knowledge beyond your youth. I don't mind the comments. No one can take away what I believe. I know what I have experienced, and if one wants to comment, or bash-as you so eloquently put it...it's fine with me. Everybody has an opinion, but no one has walked in my shoes. I do not drink, do not do drugs, have traveled extensively, and raised three beautiful daughters. I have had a life most people would envy. Unfortunately, I have been living with this "Gift" as well... Walking with one foot on the other side (ethereal), has been a challenge, but... I am more than fine! Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Ghostseer, there is distinction as I see it but my views on superiority are much different from most people's, I guess. Maybe God has created humans in his image;the point is, have humans lived up to the expectations? I really don't think so.

I prefer defending those who cannot speak for themselves or those who are what they are because the lack choice rather than those who choose their own path.

Yes,we are our worst enemy.

Anyway, I'll make way for comments relevant to your experience.
Jasmin314 (13 stories) (210 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Wow. Ghostseer. I am not going to lie. As I was reading your story, I almost felt as if I was reading a chapter out of a fiction novel. Then I read the comments. I am sorry if you feel like you are being bashed, although I believe you don't feel that way. You seem like you are handling some of these comments quite well. Anyways, as I read the comments I realize that I cannot judge your sanity, your supposed experiences, and I cannot judge you. I am a young person. Sometimes I think I know everything, then I realize that I dont. I cannot say whether or not this story is true because I have not lived everything. I have not had an experience like this, but just because I haven't does not mean that I will be prejudice. I have heard some crazy things, for example, people believe in GOd (as I do) but I have never seen God, yet I believe. I took the bible's words for it So what I am trying to say is that I believe you and I hope you stop being bashed. I also think that is awesome how you said that when you are 80 years old you will still be surfing, taking long walks and being active, because I know that is how I will be. By the way, I am not talking about Rhodes68 because she was defending a different point. ❤ Jasmin
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
rhodes68: I see your point now, you think there is no distinction between Human and animals. Although I agree, we are ALL a part of creation, Humanity is far different, and distinctly DIFFERENT from the animal kingdom...

Humans have the ability to be more animalistic, brutal,barbaric.Thereby-the word, "evolved" is lacking...

We need to defend Humanity-as well... We are our own worst enemy at times. The inability to see cause and effect-it is why so many species have died out. Glad you are a defender of the helpless. Blessings, Ghostseer
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Ghostseer, I'm not the one discussing the cows. I'm the one defending the cows!

I am also the one who doesn't like making distinctions between animals and humans. All beings are part of this creation.

So yes, it's gone too far. Let's just stop here.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
rhodes68: were talking cows, and yes, this has gone too far. I love all animals, my information is not from scholars, but the farmers who actually raise and care for them. I have never seen such a passionate debate about...cows. Stereotypes?...we are talking cows, not people. I'm done discussing this, this is not what this website is for. Everybody has an opinion, and I respect this. Blessings, Ghostseer 😲
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
In short, I would like to ask you not to enforce various stereotypes that are clearly a result of people's incapacity to understand the REASON behind an animal's behavior. It is very unfair to call any species "dumb" simply because we lack understand of the interaction between us and them. If cows could speak, I bet you they'd be calling US "dumb" and they would have a good reason for doing so. We as a species have grown a little too "confident" for our own sake.

Thank you
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Ok, this has gone a little too far!

I'm not going to argue about the validity of the story but just to set things straight concerning the poor cows:

Scientific articles, ghostseer, support that cows are FAR from stupid!

Professor Donald Broom-one of many researchers-of Animal Welfare at Cambridge University had explained at many of his conferences during a research the animals, cows, were challenged with a task where they had to open a door to get food. An electroencephalograph used to measure their brainwaves proved that the animals were highly excited when resolving a problem

Research has also shown that COWS clearly understand "cause and effect" relationships which is a sign of Advanced Cognitive Ability.

They can effortlessly learn to push a level and operate a drinking fountain when thirsty or press a button to get access to grain when hungry.

Like HUMANS, cows also impressively quickly learn to recognize danger and develop complicated defence tactics when needed.

Cows have according to these articles, proved to have "impressive memories"-they remember their homes.

They "demonstrate good spatial memory" since they can remember where things are located:they remember migration routes, etc, etc, etc.

Cows can also remember and hold GRUDGES against people who have hurt them or their family members... Including any shepherd who calls them "dumb" simply because he expects these animals to get all the work done without returning the favor.

The last comment was NOT included in the scientific article.

"Washington Times"
"University of Saskatchewan"

"University of Cambridge"

Etc etc
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
Surya: Cows are considered dumb animals for a reason (and I realize they were worshipped in one country, as a God, (I don't think this is the case any longer, although it is a part of cultural history).

Have you ever heard of cow tipping?. Or... If a "lead" runs into a rushing river... The others will follow and drown as well. I have been told that most of a herd will die by falling off a cliff (if they aren't lead away), just because they can't register a cliffs edge from the edge of a pasture. I talked to a few farmers about this, when I asked about cow bells and nose rings (for bulls). I got a hearty laugh out of the farmers as well...Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
surya: The reason I laughed over bells and nose rings- is we are talking about a bag full of BONES. Farmers don't use bells and nose rings (I think you mean bulls) in Hawaii, and haven't for a few generations. I only remember seeing the cow bells in the cartoons, when I was a child, (and I am over fifty years old!). As far as my dog and bones, these bones were huge, and had teeth attached. I intend to add them to my blog today. You are welcome to go there-later today. And you can see what I am talking about. I am on Hawaii time, so remember this if you do go: http://ghostlyvoices.blogspot.com

Blessings, Ghostseer
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2008-11-13)
ghostseer are you serious people think cows are dumb animals. If they were dumb you would not have religions that actually worship the cow. As for giving you a laugh, well glad I made you laugh, but I was actually being serious about the bells and nose ring. You still have not told me how you know it was cow bones, oh I forget cow spirits appeared in the field with the shepherds.

What sounds did you here coming from them, the only sounds cows make are moo moo.

Your dog approved, well if I was a dog and I new where I could go for a bone or two I would be happy to.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
dreamergal72: I agree, cruel is a good word for it, but I guess they use other methods as well. Some people think cows, etc...don't really think too hard, you know, they are dumb animals, but every animal deserves a better ending!, Blessings, Ghostseer
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
That so cruel whoever did to that poor cows but glad they go on to another life use a bar or something to hit the cow's head and slaughter that just plain cruel that why I love animals.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Hoochler: Considering time has no meaning on the other side, it probably doesn't matter to any of the Sheperds of animals... Or to the humans who have crossed. After all, they have an eternity to herd them all up, and for the human Souls... To get where they need to be.
An active slaughterhouse!, oh no way!...I would be passed out on the floor...Blessings, Ghostseer
Hoochler (1 stories) (263 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
On missydee's point, it would be interesting to see what your experience of a walk-through of an operational slaughter house would be ghostseer.

If you wanted to learn more about these shepards, I would think that would be a good place to start looking.

Thanks for sharing your story.
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
missydee: No doubt!, I know it sounds crazy, but the stuff I am privy to viewing... Cannot deny what I see...No, I do not drink-no drugs-no smoke... My mind and body is clear and healthy... Need it to be with all my paranormal stuff...Blessings, Ghostseer
missydee (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
With the amount of beef that's consumed in America, those celestial herders must have one heck of a job! 😜 😉
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
staaldak: Yes, these things have been happening all my life. Some are awesome and interesting-like in this story... Other times, not so nice an experience. Please read my website www.ghost-e.com for more about me, stories, ques and ans page...Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
cupcake10132: Thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed my experience. Not all hauntings are scary ones...Blessings, Ghostseer
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
DUnknown: Yes, I am a woman. What made you think I was a man in the story? Because I go off roading, and carry a shovel in case I get stuck?. Women do this in Hawaii. Everybody drives trucks here, you can get to the best beach spots by off roading. I do all kinds of stuff. Always been an active woman. I will be eighty years old (one day), and I will still be surfing, swimming, hiking, boating, taking long walks, etc... 😊
ghostseer (41 stories) (408 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Surya: You are funny!, Bells and nose rings gave me a hearty laugh... Thanks for the morning smile...
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Were there any bells in with the bones or maybe a nose ring sorry forgot to ask, if there was then it was cow bones in a plastic bag.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
you seriously are having a laugh arne't you. Cows bones in a bag. Your dog got scared, I thought dogs loved bones regardless. How do you know they were cow bones? You saw shepherds! So tell me when you burind the bones in the bag, (I personally would have shaken the bones out, but then I don't think I would come across a plastic bag with cow bones in it) did the shepherds appears and maybe a few stars. 😆
DUnknown (4 stories) (65 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
ummm... I'm kind of confused... I thought you're a woman... Now a man?... I need explanation. I checked your website before and saw some of your pics there, where some entity was draining your lifeforce... So I'm confused... 😐
cupcake10132 (4 stories) (193 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-12)
Woah, those poor cows! Glad you now bury all of the bones and carcasses you find. Lovely story, I loved it. Good luck!

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: