You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Evp: Voices Of The Dead - A Funeral Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Evp: Voices Of The Dead - A Funeral Ghost

 

I wanted to post this story and video to see what others thought. This story is about a funeral where I was a pall bearer, on 09/17/2008. This was a relative that had past. I know, I know, before anyone reads me the riot act, I shouldn't have recorded at this place. However, my moniker is EVP Researcher. How could I resist?

Please listen to the clip. I put this on three times. One is the raw clip. The second one is FFT Filtered and Amped. The third one is Filtered Amped and Slowed down. Note the slowed down version sounds deep, that is just the effect of the slowing down process. I would like to state one thing about this clip before anyone asks. The voice does not sound like the relative that had past. Also, this recording takes place during the sermon prior to leaving for the cemetery. The minister was male and there is a distinct difference between his voice and this one. Nobody around me talked during the service (or anywhere in the room, for that matter, except the minister. I would like to start a discussion on this one.

Do you think we attend our own funeral? The funeral home is very old, one hundred years plus, for sure. This home has been a funeral home since before I was born, so at least 38 years. Give me your thoughts!

Embed from YouTube

Link To YouTube

Http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urPrjm1WhXY

Other hauntings by EVPResearcher

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EVPResearcher, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sammi93 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-03)
creepy I have no idea what it said but oh well still creepy sorry for your loss 😢
Vanessanda (3 stories) (226 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-03-05)
I hear "Oh what's up" and then "Shhh". But, I'm on an old computer so...
princezz122 (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-11-07)
is Paul Bearer at wrestling? The one that's always with undertaker (Mark Callaway)?
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-17)
I'm used to hearing voices all the time so it doesn't scare me its just I feel sorry for them that's all. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Spotandangel (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
It sounds like a woman saying, "Why am I dead?" followed by a man shushing her.
Surlay2 (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Im going to have to watch this when I don't have kids running around but could be a different realtive that had passed? That is there watching the funeral? Could be but yea... I don't think it was wrong of you to do that. Unless you are going out on purpose to funerals and doing this. But I think its cools if it was your family members because what if they have soemthing to say that they couldn't tell you when they were alive you know... Keep it up...
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
JamesRobiscoe - Thanks. I will keep on recording! I enjoy it too much! Thanks again
JamesRobiscoe (419 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
EVP Researcher--Another startling catch! I listened to this numerous times and am stuck on a female voice coming in with the end of a word and then "...right now" said most resolutely. Then another being says, "Shhh!" as if (he?) doesn't want her to interrupt the funeral proceedings (and maybe out of respect not to interrupt the minister's eulogy).
As for your other question, I'd agree with those who say "if we have the free will." Would I want to? Am I assuming the choices of what's available are the same or different from earth? I mean, Paradise or my own funeral? Hmmm.
Love your work, man. Please keep posting it.
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
That is really quite frightening. I wonder who it is, and what it is exactly that they sound so surprised about?

As for attending ones own funeral, I for one certainly intend to do so, just to make sure that they are carrying out my somewhat eccentric funeral plans!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
WOW that was a creepy EVP. To be honest if I were you, I wouldn't even want to know who was talking on the recorder. Very scary. Thanks again for sharring this with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
courtneyOMGG (12 stories) (179 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Well this sure is creepy!
I think rhodes is right with the "Oh my God"
It does sound like a lady, sounding shocked from something.
I also agree with "I think some of us do but this is a question of choosing or not choosing to do so. All is a matter of free will."
I want to go to my funeral, just to see who turns up! 😁 😁 😜
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
rhodes68 - Not to scare you but it was in my fron shirt pocket during the service. The Rustling / Crinkling sound is my pocket and the mic on the digital recorder. It DOES NOT sound like the relative. On a seperate note, I have recorded one of my uncles on several instances. (At his grave.) The voice does not sound like him. However, the words he uses is exactly how my uncle used to speak. Freaky...
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I know that's my third comment but I was so hasty, I forgot to answer your question:"Do you think we attend our own funeral?" I think some of us do but this is a question of choosing or not choosing to do so. All is a matter of free will.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Obviously and undoubtfully a woman's voice who sounds quite shocked by something. Imagine if she's reacting to seeing one of you or all of you there in her own space!
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
"Oh my God"? Wow that was creepy EVPResearcher! I wanted to know if the tape recorder was near you cause if it was then it sounds like someone was standing right beside you-that thought alone is enough to give me many sleepless nights!
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
kool and I think it was try to tell you something they talk to people but its hader to hear them then see them most of the time

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: