You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: The Boy And The Other

Real Ghost Stories

The Boy And The Other

 

When I was younger, my aunt had an Ouija board in her basement. Even as a young child I was fascinated with the occult and what lay beyond this world. My aunt knew this, so when she, my brother, my sister, and I went to go pick out old board games from her basement, she handed it to me. "Use it well," she told me.

Now, when I brought it home, my mom wasn't exactly pleased with me. She didn't want me scaring myself and then having to sleep in her bed with her, so she put it away in the garage. I wasn't allowed in the garage at that age so I just sighed and let her do it. A few years later when I was old enough to actually go into the garage, I found it. It was an old board indeed, dust covered on the inside, box torn up, one of the first boards that Parker Brothers produced. Holding it, I felt empowered. I had always felt that I've had paranormal experiences happening around me. I remember the first time I used it.

A couple of friends and I decided to "give ourselves a scare" one day and we set up the Mystical Oracle on my living room floor. We asked it a couple of questions and after a while it started to become jumpy. We found out that a little boy had supposedly been haunting the board. Suddenly, he started to freak out. The board spelled out the word "mom," twice, then the word, "help." When we asked what was wrong, the board replied quickly, "backyard, 700, swing." We were sure the 700 meant 7:00. Sure enough, I had a swing set in the backyard and eagerly at a little before seven, we huddled up in front of the glass door. Suddenly, at exactly seven, one of my swings began to move back and forth rapidly. There was no wind, there was nobody out there, just ONE swing moving. Sure enough, we were spooked and we didn't sleep that night. At that time we had only met the little boy, but now that I think about it, he may have been getting harassed by what he now calls, "The Other."

Years later, after having many different occult experiences, I decided to take that fabled Ouija board to my now ex-boyfriend's house. I wanted to make a believer out of him. I had used this Ouija board a million times before that, only getting replies from this little boy, who, at the time, didn't seem as jumpy as he was that first day. On this day though, something was up.

We set up and began, asking the usual, "Are you there?" questions. We then decided to ask him if there was anyone else there with him, to which he replied, "Yes." I asked him who it was, thinking maybe it's a relative of ours attempting to contact us. He said it was someone called, "Other." A man, apparently.

Foolishly, we asked the boy if the "Other" wanted to talk to us, he replied, "Yes." We said ok for the "Other" to talk to us. As soon as we said hello, the board repeated over and over, "Die, die, die, die, you, die." We were scared, of course, but we didn't put the board down. My ex asked if it was him that the "Other" was talking to, "No." I asked if it was me, "Yes." Now I was freaked out. I ran the planchette over the words, "Goodbye" to seal him off and threw the board across the room.

Ever since then, I've felt a sinister presence in my house, at the top of the stairs near my mom's room. I don't know if it means anything, but I'd sure like to find out, soon.

Other hauntings by PorcelainBabyDoll

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PorcelainBabyDoll, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

PorcelainBabyDoll (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
I know how to use them well. I've researched them like crazy. I mean its no threat if you don't let it get out, and I doubt the spirit I'm feeling is the same as the one that told me to die.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
That is why Ouji boards can be dangerous. As you say, we never know who we are talking to. But I do understand that you were so fascinated by them but we all must remember that they can be dangerous. I believe that you did close the board right and wonder how this spirit might have entered. This just proves that being carefull sometimes can not be enough. Thanks again for this very interesting and scary story. I hope you have others to share with us. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
PorcelainBabyDoll (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
I'm sure I'll be fine. I've been living it for over a year now and its not done anything aside from giving me a fright or two. I haven't even seen it appear yet. It just probably wants to make its presence known to me. I think the boy might have followed me as well. I think he sits in the corner of my steps but I'm not worried about him at all.
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Autumnsmommy: Walt Disney? Really? C'mon now.
Porcelinbabydoll; As far as your presence, I agree with Tonith. If its really making you uncomfortable ask it to move on. I'm sure its loved ones on the other side will welcome it, it just has to take that step. Ouija boards are crazy things. Be careful how you use them. I hope you can work out a resolution to your problem.
Walt Disney? Geez... The things people on here say. I swear...
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Everyone I think can feel them but they brush it off. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless it starts causing problems then I think I would have to do something. It might just be there to scare for what it had said. If you are a religous person maybe you should consult a priest or someone of the church (which ever religion you are) and see what they might do to help you if it bothers you that much. Everything will eventually work itself out.
PorcelainBabyDoll (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Well I've tried that. Doesn't seem to go away. I don't know what it is really and only the friends who have had paranormal experiences of mine can feel it. My parents and family members don't seem to feel its presence.
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
So you think you let a lower level consciousness spirit into your life and it followed you home? I'm not convinced about ouija board experiences but once again even a low level spirit is still a human spirit. Explain to it that it needs to move forward and there is nothing for it to hang on to in this realm. Fear is the culprit with humans in this realm and those in another realm. If it were me I would help it move forward to the light. It may take more than once but you can convince it to move on. Tell the spirit his loved ones that passed are waiting for him with love and acceptance. If these spirits are fearful they will feed on it from the living. So you don't want to show fear but knowledge because sadly it is fear that holds them back from moving forward.
PorcelainBabyDoll (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
So far I haven't been too bothered by it. It just scares me at night when I head up to my room. I know I'm not alone on it because some of my friends felt it, too. Though no attacks or anything so far.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
I might have been tricked, but hey I'm not worried. Have you thought of anyways of getting rid of the presence in your home of does it not bother you that bad?
PorcelainBabyDoll (2 stories) (6 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
Walt Disney huh? I think perhaps you were tricked. 😕 You can't always believe what they say. I haven't died yet and its been a year. So far so good.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-22)
That is why I haven't played with one of them in along time. The last time I played with on of them I talked to Wal Disney instead of the usuals. Hope everything goes ok and that you don't die anytime soon 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: