You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Voice In The Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

The Voice In The Apartment

 

In March of this year, I was with my ex-boyfriend at his mother's house. She is a great woman always having a smile on her face. She just moved out of her old apartment and moved to the next town. Before we went there, we went to go pick up a bottle of wine for her. He also picked up beer. We went to the house and I was really tired so I decided to sleep over with him there. He was drinking as I was dozing off to sleep.

That night I woke up and found that the TV was still on. He always did that because he said it helped him go to bed. Well we were both sleeping on the couch but facing each other. I went back to bed then again I woke up in the middle of the night to find me listening to a man talking. The first thought that I had was, "Oh my god. Someone broke into the apartment." The voice was that of a man. It seemed like he was talking on the phone like when you see someone talking but you don't hear the other person's response. The TV was still on but there was nothing on TV just a black screen but it was on because you see the glow that the TV has.

The voice was extremely loud and clear. I said to myself," Why isn't anyone waking up besides me. The voice was what woke me up the second time. There I laid on the couch-frozen. I never have been so scared in my life. I moved only my eyes to see if it was my ex because he has a habit talking in his sleep. I didn't move a muscle. I remembered that. The voice was still loud and clear I remembered what was said at the time but when people ask me, I don't remember. I remembered it said something like taking someone's son and heaven and hell or something like that. All I remembered that it was creepy.

I wanted to look at the love seat to see if there was anyone there but my fear told me not to look. The conversation seemed like it went on for 10 to 15 minutes. When the talking was over, the TV screen went back to a channel. I never have been so freaked out in my life. I have other stories that I will publish. Comments will greatly be appreciated.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Jersey

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MixedQT86, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I should think that would scare the Hades out of me as well.
Unfortunately, I am having problems with classifying this as a paranormal experience, and let me tell you why.
The telly itself. You claim that while the voice was talking, the screen had the bluish glow that let's you know it is on. When the voice ended, the telly went back to it's regularily scheduled program.
I believe that what has happened is that you had some Electromagnetic interference. It is often called radio interference.
When that occurs, it is as if a "block" has come through the line. The disturbance may interrupt, obstruct, limit the effective performance of the circuit (i.e. Radio, cell phone, telly) causing a sort of "blip" to the electronic device that appears affected.
Thank you.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I realy enjoyed reading this story. It was scary and well written. This experience must have been scary. To be honest with youz I to wouldn't have looked to see who was talking. Great story ands I'm looking forward to reading more. I hope to hear from you soon and take care.
Luca (1 stories) (83 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-24)
Oh wow, I would've thought someone had broken in, too. Very disturbing. Is it possible you heard someone talking right outside a nearby window or door?
Easykiel (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Interesting that the TV was blank at the time of the mysterious voice yet resumed normal broadcasting when the phantom activity stopped.

It may be that you have unwittingly experienced Instrumental Transcommunication.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
OGM! That would have been freaky to witness. It's just that he has never witnessed anythig like that before so he wouldn't understand. My husband said the same thing until he had his first experience.
voulme16 (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
wow that sound creepy maybe you should warn the family and don't be to creeped out ghost feed on emotions
laus (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
oh gosh I can only imagine how scared you would have been, I would have cakked my pants!
MixedQT86 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
I did to him but not to the mother. I didn't want to scare her. He told me I was crazy and that I didn't realize what I was saying but I know what I heard. Nothing like this has ever happened to him before from what I know so he wouldn't know anything about what I experienced.
resz (3 stories) (10 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-23)
Wow I can imagine how horrified you must have been. That really creeped me out! Did you mention it to your ex-boyfriend or his mom? I wonder if they ever experienced anything like that.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: