You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ghost Hunting :: The Reason I'm A Ghost Hunter

Real Ghost Stories

The Reason I'm A Ghost Hunter

 

I get asked a lot, "How did you get started?" or "Why did you decide to be a ghost hunter?" The answer is simple; experience.

When I was 16, I was like a lot of people, a skeptic. I am originally from a small town in central Louisiana named Jonesville and there is a house there that is all boarded up. A lot of the guys from school there told me it was haunted and I didn't believe them. One night in the summer, I decided I would check it out myself.

I went to the house, walked around behind the house and nothing happened. Behind the house was three graves and I was thinking that's why they think its haunted and I started to leave. As I got half way around the house, I got freezing cold and something told me to look up. I looked up at the boarded up window and I heard what sounded like someone running towards me and then the sound of a hand beating on glass. I, of course, ran as fast as I could out of the yard. As soon as my feet hit the pavement, I was warm again.

After that, I was no longer a skeptic, but with the minimum information that was out in those days, I didn't have much to go on to become a ghost hunter. When I met my wife and moved to Ohio, I met others who were interested in the paranormal and the rest was history. I am now the founder of Shreveport Paranormal Investigations.

Well that's my story, I hope you all like it. Thanks so much.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Louisiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, spi_71104, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Laurenrox (7 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-18)
Hi I'm from New Orleans and as I was reading it a question popped in my head and I just wanted to know if it was the LaBouf Mansion? My friend lives down the street from it. Also if it isn't did you ever investigate it or the LaPavillion. The LaPavillion is definately haunted.
spi_71104 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-13)
thanks for your comments, sorry I haven't responded to anyone, I went back there to get a picture to post here but the house has since been torn down sorry if you wish to communicate with me more email me at usdpir_la_71129 [at] yahoo.com or visit my myspace at www.myspace.com/shreveportghosts I try to answer all emails and comments I recieve thanks 😁
AmyGunn (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-10)
Hi spi 71104, I am from just outside Shreveport (Stonewall) and glad to have the Shreveport Paranormal Investigations here. I wish I'd have known about you back in 05 when I was having some amzaing experiences after my dad passed away. That's how I found this sight, could not find anyone in my area to help me with the things that were happening. Loved your story, would love to hear about more local experiences.
Rodney (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-02)
Great Story.
I've been trying to put in a few of mine on here but the site's being worked on when I've tried.
-WhiteBuffalo-
In responce to running like hounds were chasimg you, it can be different. In my experience, wide awake, I have been frozen. Frozen to where it seems that time has actualy slowed. Then after a few seconds or several seconds (that may infact seem like minutes), your back in control. That's when you want to run, but realize the best exit is to walk slow. Back away, still facing whatever is there, and eventualy leaving.
-spi 71104-
I believe I'm some sort of antenna. I don't see anything, but I know it's there. I can sometimes feel the difference between male and female. I have been touched, dropped, blowed on, and vibrated speech to the ear, etc. There are times where these last for weeks, and there are times that seveal months pass before another. I miss it when it's not happening, but and scared stupid when it does. In the past several years I have grown more "braver", if you will, and have tried to get a spirit or whatever to do something. To appear, to move something, etc. So far, they seem to be content with just letting me know that they are there.
I would love to find a serious group, that knows where activity is, to see what I could do. I know I can sence them, and am still convenced that I can make them do something. If you have any suggestions please let me know.
Look forward to more stories.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
The reading in my last post should be--- "and know it really is a spade".

Question for spi 71104: Have you or any other SPI personnel documented any incubus/succubus cases, or is your work mainly focused on hauntings?
I'll take a look at the site online shortly.
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Appreciate your desire to know for certain, to be able to call a spade a spade and know it's really is a spade.
With that kind of persistence you'd be good as a GH.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
Yes, I WOULD have, succubiluv.
It would not be the first time that I could not have cajoled someone into accompanying me somewhere that seemed a bit spooky.
Also, I read through the comment I made, I never said I would go alone, but in honest answer to your question, yes.
I never said I would not be scared. I might be petrified. Who knows?
Think about it this way, THEY are supposedly already dead. How could I HURT them?
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I can picture your account. I felt the sudden cold, etc.

I'm thinking to ask how long you've been a GH?

Just a passing query for whitebuffalo---Would you have actually returned there ALONE, AT NIGHT, AND WALKED AROUND INSIDE THAT HOUSE?
ALL BY YOURSELF...?
MOTHERPANN (10 stories) (77 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-30)
I am on a Ghost Hunting team too, you can get my info on my profile. Hope to hear from you to trade stories.
Ramzey (9 stories) (130 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-27)
I am a ghost hunter too! Email me! Please! I'd love to talk about our hunts. My team is G.A.P.S. ~Ghostly Appalachian Paranormal Society. We have lots of pics, lots of evps, lots of video, I'd love to chat. You can get my email from my profile! Happy haunting!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Hi and thank you for sharring this story with us. And of courxe welcome to Your Ghost Stories. I hope you like it hear. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Thank you for the plug for Shreveport Paranormal Investigations. Have you by chance checked out our new Ghost Hunters section here on the site?
I have got to tell you, if I had gone rigged cold, and heard something running toward me (albeit on a different level, as this was coming from window that you had to look up to) and then a pounding on the window...
I have got to HONESTLY say that I would have run as if the Hounds were after me. BUT, I most definitely would have returned to see if there COULD be a recurrence. Or to see if I could walk around inside. Or to see if it WAS brought on by my imagination, especially after concluding that the others must have thought the house to be haunted as a direct connection with the graves.
Did you?
Thank you.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Welcome to the site and thank you for sharing your story with us.

I hope to have you back with a lot more in the future!
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-09-26)
Wow that you become ghost hunter that good and also I am from Louisiana in south just south in Baton Rouge.
strawberry307 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
Like Missy I am from Louisiana as well and would love to hear more from you. Are you considering to go back there and investigate? Hope you do...
Missy (2 stories) (23 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
I am from Louisiana and I would love to hear more stories from here. I've lived in North and South La.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-25)
WOW! 😲 That is one thing that would have definiatey make me believe. I'm surprised that now you are a believer that you have never gone back and tried to figure out what it could have been. I would take my team and try and investigate it more in detail. That was a great story! Keep writing and let us know if you get anymore great stories!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: