You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Watcher At The Shower Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Watcher At The Shower Window

 

This happened about three years ago to my boyfriend at the time, but it occurred at my house. He was taking a shower one afternoon, and as he was he said he saw someone walking around outside the window.

There is a window in our shower, but instead of just glass, it is glass bricks. Which if you have ever looked through, you know you can see sort of through them, but not clearly, it's very blurry. Anyway, he saw someone walking around back and forth through the window, and he said as they appeared, the water in the shower went cold for a second, like it does when someone turns on the faucet.

When he got out of the shower, he asked my mom if she had been outside, she said no. He then came into my room, where I was, and says to me, "That was pretty funny what you did, with the water and all." (There's a sink with a faucet located outside where the shower window faces.) I told him I had no idea what he was talking about. He didn't believe me. It took him a couple days before it settled with him that I was telling the truth, and that something weird had happened.

A week or two later, a friend of ours came over. While he was here, he decided to take a shower. While he was in there, he reported the exact same thing. There was a person walking around out there, and when they walked by the water went cold. He didn't even know about this happening to my boyfriend.

Now you might just think, well maybe there WAS someone walking around out there! However, they both described this thing as being completely black, like someone wearing a hood. You couldn't see any features.

Our friend that took the shower, said that whatever it was, walked by a few times, then stopped, and got up very close and stared into the window at him for a long time. He thought it was just my boyfriend messing with him. When we told him what had happened a week prior, he started getting really creeped out.

I asked him if he could see any features, he couldn't. He stood in the shower, and I went outside to the other side of the window, and he realized you can make out the face of the person on the other side of the glass, he thought it was normal to not be able to see actual features, he thought it was normal for them to look completely blacked out like it was. He said whatever it was, got very close to the window; they leaned over the large counter and peered at him through the window. In order to do this you pretty much have to be really tall, and place your hands on the counter outside the window, which is very dirty. There were no hand prints there.

After this I pinned a towel over the window, I for one do not want to see what they saw! Ha-ha.

After stories like these, you can see why everyone is afraid of my house. Even people that I never mention anything to tell me they just don't want to be alone anywhere here. It gives the bravest of my friends the creeps just to have to smoke a cigarette outside; they will smoke half then run back in. They don't even know the stories!

Other hauntings by illusionation

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, illusionation, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

pandora0791 (2 stories) (38 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-04)
This may be way off but I seem to recall when looking through certain types of glass the reflection will be from the inside as well as upside down. Is there a possibility that the reflection they are seeing is from within the home (shower)? That would creep me the "blank" out!
kiran5070 (2 stories) (35 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-26)
might he be a GAY GHOST (seriously not joking...),try for using infrared cameras while watching the window, this helps u...ghost psychologist here...
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-30)
I have lived here pretty much my whole life, and Id say about 1/3 of it has been spent running around in the woods here. The forest has a magical feeling to it, in a good way.

I think what we have is a residual haunt.
Two people have died here, one was a young child, second was an old lady with some form of dementia.

Im not ruling out the possibility of the land having something to do with it though, we live 5 miles from an indian reservation.
And like I said, the woods here are just... I don't know... Special. 😊
I spent 6 hours last 4th of july just charging through the woods with one of my good friends, (whom recently was killed in a car accident) it was so amazing.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
Yeah Smoking outside short minute and you feel uncomftable... Also I get getting feeling funny when I come out of bath and I have window like you have in my bathroom but clearing like dimond like but can see some on the window and All I can see is lizard I just hey lizard talk to it like a friend lol.
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I would want to dig deeper into the grounds and area that you live. Maybe one day you can take a hike thorugh the woods and take in everything that you see, maybe that will lead to some unanswered questions about your house and the area that you live. You know how the air around you seems to get cold when a spirit manifests that could be the same thing with the water.
illusionation (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I have some neighbors, but their really old. If they came over, they would go straight to the door, not linger about by the bathroom window. Plus there is a gate that leads to the path/porch where the window is located. It was shut. And no one reported hearing it open.
Other than that, I live in the middle of the woods pretty much.
The weirdest part is how the water went cold as soon as it appeared. My house has a long list of happenings, these are 2/3 of the sightings that have appeared here.
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
you'll*=your whole cigarette
(sorry I'm a freak for spelling)

Do you have any neighbors near by? Is there a school path that kids cut across?
autumnsmommy (4 stories) (98 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
I agree with hobbybolly. I'm a smoker and if I don't even want to finish a cigarette then something is wrong
hobbyholly (11 stories) (572 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-29)
As a fellow smoker (I know I know nasty habit) you have to be pretty creeped out NOT to finish you'll whole cigarette.

Interesting posts!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: