You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Still Walking

Real Ghost Stories

Still Walking

 

This happened about five years back during the summer time I believe. My cousins, Sukie and Katie, used to sleep over at my house a lot. I would say we were about ten and nine at the time this took place.

My cousins and I had a sleep over at my house. We had decided to go to bed rather early that night because we planned on spending a morning outside when it was cool. But at 1:42, I was awoke by my cousin Sukie, the youngest of us three. (I had looked at the time when she woke me up) She had been telling me she was hearing someone walking outside my yard and that they had opened the gate, which made a rather screechy noise if opened. Kind of scared, we woke up my other cousin Katie, the middle of us.

At first, we listened really closely to see if we could hear anything at all. But we didn't. So we decided to let it slide off as maybe someone else on the street. But before we even laid back down, the ruckus began.

We heard my screen door bang shut like it usually does and we hear the large wooden door shut close as well. We were all surprised because before going to bed, my mother and father always locked the doors and we don't hide spare keys outside. As we listened, we could hear what sounded like high heels walking around my living room, stopping probably once or twice before it headed into the tiny hallway that lead to my room, my brother's, and the bathroom.

Thinking logically first, we suspected it was my mom, but it was quickly thrown away when we heard the high heels walking to my door and stopping just outside it. I remember we stared at it with wide eyes for a very long time just expecting something to come barging in with no face or in bones, but nothing ever came in.

After staring scared stiff, and not hearing the high heels retreating, we gathered out guts and opened my door to find nothing there. We checked my brother's room and found him dead asleep and my parents asleep as well. The next morning I asked my mom and dad if anyone had been up and walking during the night (their room is right in front of the living room) and they had said no. When I asked if my mom might have been walking in her heels, she laughed and said she had loaned her only pair to a friend two days ago and still had yet to get them back.

My cousins and I were clearly scared at this and after that we rarely slept in my room when they came over. I suppose the pass owners are still walking.

Other hauntings by Starlight

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Starlight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-16)
Wow this sure msut have been a scary experience for all of you. I to wonder if there have been any other encounters at the house. Thanks again for sharring. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Starlight (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Dear Tonith,
I really do think this is an intelligent haunting actually because of the second time it happened. Hopefully the second post I made coninueing this certain ghost will be posted soon so you can see.

As for the high heels, I'm not exactly sure about all the past residents that died or lived there.

Thank you for you input though, blessed be. 😊
Starlight (2 stories) (8 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Dear Jmak,
My house is haunted, I've had several things happen over the years, and there is more than one in my home. THis one though, is the rarest one. I have only had this happen once to me. THere are others that I hope to introduce you all to in future posts.

I do believe that it is centered in my room mostly because the second time it happened, it walked right in. Hopefully the dear administrators will post the story up soon and you all will be able to see.

Thank you though. 😊 Blessed be!
Tonith (1136 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-15)
Could have been a residual haunting from someone who lived in the house before you. That means it can happen without anyone being aware because it just happens. You and your cousins happened to be in the right place at the right time to hear it. Nothing to be frightened of because it is not an intelligent spirit making contact. I don't know why these things happen but maybe there is some event that triggered this kind of haunting. Maybe someone with high heels encountered something that was shocking or traumatic and you are hearing the result of it. Outside of investigating the history of the house it's hard to say.
Jmak (6 stories) (156 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
Hi Starlight,
That was some scary experience you and your cousins had. Did any of you experience anything when you had sleepovers and didn't sleep in your room? Did your mother get her shoes back? Was her friend that borrowed them ok? IU'm sorry I'm asking so many questions but in order to determine if its a residual style haunting that's centered in your room or not it would help to know. 😊 Hope to hear from you soon, God bless.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: